• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Northern Alliance

Loki

I have heard Northern Alliance has been approved by the board of CCF. Does anyone have more information on this new Club?

The Smart one

Breakaway from what, theirs nothing in Kanwal, mind you hasbeen I think you will see more of this happening, clubs will decide their own destiny because central coast football have failed in every department, financial, management, board, representative and local. The writings on the wall its only a matter of time

Loki

Clubs voted 2-1 against the new club forming but some how it was voted in by the directors? Doesn't make any sense? Oh thats right we are talking about CCF!!!!!!!!!

dwight

Loki said:
Clubs voted 2-1 against the new club forming but some how it was voted in by the directors? Doesn't make any sense? Oh thats right we are talking about CCF!!!!!!!!!

Really we don't need any new clubs on the coast only better run one's than we have now, many of the clubs are crumbling due to poor management etc etc.

We don't have the grounds to operate any new clubs really either (there is enough trouble getting grounds for the existing clubs as it is).

headcase

Loki said:
Maybe your delegate was at a different meeting to ours. There was no vote by the clubs at all - they were asked to make submissions to the board as to any objections that they had. The Board looked at the objections - all of which were considered and decided that if all of them were overcome there would be no impediment to them joining. Those objections as the Director of Finance read out to the meeting included obtaining a ground and proving their financial stability and that they wouldn't be taking away sponsorship from neighbouring clubs. There were figures given to all of the delegates showing that there would be minimal impact on surrounding clubs player-wise. There are worries about the name (whats a Northern Alliance anyway - sounds like a bank in Yorkshire) and the colours but that was it.
If they are all the objections from the clubs and they are all overcome then they should be allowed in.
But if they cant secure a ground (lucky they're not from Avoca) and can't prove they've got the financial backing then the CCF Board won't let them in. They made it fairly clear that the proposed new club had to satisfy any of the requirements they raised otherwise they would be rejected.

From the dug out

Headcase....you sound like a committee member from Northern Alianace or a director of CCF.

Some people call this a vote others call it a submission....heck I still believe that the words tax and levy mean 2 different things........yeah right!

To All Clubs,

This application was discussed at length at last night's delegate's meeting

I now also ask that each club indicate to me (cc Murray Nettheim, Operations manager) whether they are in favour or against this application

I do require every club to respond, even if it is just a simple yes or no, though written submission supporting their view would be appreciated

The closing date is 31 May 2008

Regards
Bernard Carbone
Secretary/Finance Director

masmariner

" Those objections as the Director of Finance read out to the meeting included obtaining a ground and proving their financial stability and that they wouldn't be taking away sponsorship from neighbouring clubs. "

"Obtaining a ground" - hopefully better than Pluim field's which are a disgrace. !!

"Proving financial stability" - would CCF know what this means. ?

"taking away sponsorship from neighbouring clubs" - would only happen if sponsors weren't happy with the club concerned

From the dug out

masmariner said:
"Obtaining a ground" - hopefully better than Pluim field's which are a disgrace. !!

"Proving financial stability" - would CCF know what this means. ?

"taking away sponsorship from neighbouring clubs" - would only happen if sponsors weren't happy with the club concerned

Agreed

Loki

Here's my question? If we have 24 delegates (one from each club) and the vote was 2 to 1 against the Northern Alliance, in my calcuations 16 clubs said no, 8 clubs said yes. There are 9 members of the CCF Board. 2 members are from the same club. If their club voted NO did they get 2 votes in the board meeting? Either way out of the 8 YES votes from clubs atleast 5-6 of those clubs must be on the board? So in the end it shouldn't matter what the board says the clubs have voted. Board should only have a final say if the vote is a split decision.........

PROVISOS REGARDING THE APPLICATION

The following provisos were raised many times by clubs that were both for and against the application.
Confirmation of a field by 31 December, 2008 (said field must not be a field currently used by CCF for competition, training, development programs etc)
Provision of a financial plan acceptable to the Board (in particular how the club is going to fund set up expenses including gear, footballs etc)
A name more appropriate with the specific geographic location/local community
Alternate colours not to be white, blue or grey

CONCLUSION

In conclusion whilst the clubs are two to one against the applicant the board in majority are in favour of the applicant.

The Board
Central Coast Football

Man In Blue

I don't think anyone would have an objection to a new club if it were neccessary. I think the placement of this new venture is the biggest issue. They are proposing to put it smack bang in the middle of an area that is already serviced by up 3 existing clubs that are within 15 mins of each other  ie Toukley, Wyong and Kanwal. If the arguement is that the numbers indicate huge growth in the Warnervale/Woongarrah area and so another club would be good sense then why not look to place the club up towards Blue Haven for example where it can still service this growth area but not impact so much on the existing clubs player drawing boundaries? It just seems weird to me why they would place a 4th club in such a small area when you look at the peninsula and there is only 3 clubs looking after that whole region. Or you could argue that if anywhere needs a new club it would be around Terrigal who have huge numbers of juniors and no fields. There's really nothing between Terrigal and Killarney so why not create a club at Wamberal for example, build a couple of fields and put the new club there? My point being if CCF and the Northern Alliance people are so keen to have a new club, then surely there is a couple of better spots to put it?

masmariner

"The following provisos were raised many times by clubs that were both for and against the application.
  Confirmation of a field by 31 December, 2008 (said field must not be a field currently used by CCF for competition, training, development programs etc) - So can they have a field nominated then send their players to train all around the coast like CCF do with lightning and thunder.
  Provision of a financial plan acceptable to the Board (in particular how the club is going to fund set up expenses including gear, footballs etc)
Like the CCF would know what a financial plan is.
  A name more appropriate with the specific geographic location/local community Like say Killarney for a club based at Bateau Bay (not at Killarney Vale).
  Alternate colours not to be white, blue or grey"
Geez not like the "new" strips for Killarney and Terrigal that are so much alike predominately white jersey's with black socks and black shorts.[/color]

Matty

There should be no clubs worried about where the new club is going if they are treating their members correctly.  If they are that worried about losing members and sponsors then they should look at how they are treating them and maybe modify this behaviour to ensure they don't lose them.  In regards to the playing strip I have been to their website and think that the strip looks fantastic, why is their a problem having blue anyway.  I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to find a ground to base the club at if people were really interested in supporting the new venture and allowing more kids to play a sport that is having them outside in the fresh air and getting exercise instead of stuck inside playing a video game or watching television.

Loki

Our club is happy in principal for a new club to start up so long as they meet the criteria. Playing grounds being the most important criteria. Name of the club should represent the area they will be based at. I'm happy with the playing strip. Well they have until December 2008 to meet the criteria set out by CCF. Otherwise they will have to wait another year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred