• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

No longer flying under the radar...

MrCelery

Central Coast Mariners a popular pick as experts choose their potential A-League grand finalists

• by: By Marco Monteverde
  • December 27, 2012 8:40AM
  • With almost half of the A-League season completed, we canvas the experts to see who they think will play in April's grand final.
Miron Bleiberg
The former Queensland Roar and Gold Coast United coach tips Adelaide United and the Central Coast Mariners.
Melbourne Victory is the only other team that might have a chance, but unless they go to the transfer market in January, with their current defence they probably aren't good enough.
All the rest of the teams are not good enough. Perth, who have the depth, are too far behind.
The Mariners are not that great a team, but the others are not good enough to challenge them.
It's just their consistency that makes them better than the rest. As the cliche goes, a champion team is better than a team of champions.
Craig Moore
The Socceroos great and former Brisbane Roar skipper says Central Coast Mariners and Adelaide United are the teams to beat at the moment.
But what's interesting is the upcoming transfer window. Are Central Coast Mariners going to lose some players?
It'll be a lot clearer after the window, but the Mariners are a given.
They have a like-for-like structure. It's between Adelaide, Melbourne Victory and Perth Glory for the other spot. Glory didn't really get on their run until this time last year.
They're coming off a good away win over Roar and if they can get any momentum going now, they just might get to the decider again.
If Victory can manage to defend better they're a chance and who can write Adelaide off. They really toyed with the Victory. On their day, Adelaide are very good.
Simon Hill
I like the Central Coast Mariners and Melbourne Victory.
The Mariners are the most consistent team in the competition, and Victory have got a bit of the X-factor with Marco Rojas, Archie Thompson, Gui Finkler and Marcos Flores, who are all great attacking options.
They have also got Ange Postecoglou, who knows what he's doing.
The Mariners are the same week in, week out - they don't drop their level.
Some of the A-League clubs fluctuate quite a lot from week-to-week, but the Mariners don't. Even with their dip in the final 20 minutes against Phoenix away last week, they still managed to get a point. I can't see them dropping away - they're too good.
Last week Adelaide United had a bad day, and they got absolutely smashed. Can you imagine the Mariners getting beaten 6-1? It just wouldn't happen. Adelaide will get to the finals, but I can't see them making the grand final.
The best Brisbane can hope for is getting into the top six. Given their start, that would be a huge achievement.
Damian Mori
Central Coast Mariners and Perth Glory for me, with Western Sydney Wanderers to be the dark horse.
The Mariners are just consistently good. They are also the most organised and disciplined team in the competition. Even when they're bad, they're still good, that's the sign of a good team.
Perth are solid and have a very experienced team.
The Wanderers look half decent and hardly concede any goals. I don't know if Victory have got the necessary defence to go all the way, and I think Adelaide United will capitulate.

Robbie Slater
I'm going with Central Coast Mariners and Melbourne Victory.
The Mariners are the best team. They missed out on the grand final last season after winning the Premier's Plate.
The season before we all know about what happened against Brisbane in the grand final. With Tom Rogic in there now, they've got that little bit of extra quality.
Of course, come finals time you always need that bit of luck, but the Mariners seem to make their own.
The Victory are getting better. Defensively they still have some problems, but going forward with Archie Thompson and Marco Rojas they are potent.
Marcos Flores hasn't been at his best really this season, but his combination with Gui Finkler is getting better and better. I can see them making a charge for second spot.
I still think the Roar can make the six but a lot's going to be depend on how the players react to what's going on. Mike Mulvey has to do something different.

Reactions: T

dibo

Victory and Wanderers are taking the spotlight at the moment, but they do have the momentum.

There are 8 matches left. In our last 8 matches, we've dropped 11 points compared to 5 each from those guys.

If the three clubs continue at that rate, we don't even finish second. And we've got the distractions of the Champions League to come.

We haven't lost since round 13 but it's time we started getting the wins up again. Get the roll going again.

On the bright side, only three matches are away and we're brutal at home, having dropped only two points from an available 24.

We've got them both at home, if we win against those two, it's very close to job done thanks to Fortress Bluetongue.

They play each other as well the week before we host Victory - a brutal nil-all draw with injuries an suspensions galore would be nice.

It's going to be a wild ride.

pjennings

The last 20 minutes of the game this week convinced me. We've got the defence - but the combo of Duke and Bernie gives me a huge amount of belief.

I cannot think that we will not start without Duke again. His harassing relieves so much pressure on the rest of the team against teams that are trying to press us. He also made Bernie look better. The combos from the NYL of Duke, Bernie and Fitzgerald together with Macca and Wee-Mac will get us there.

The next four weeks are critical 6 points against Nix and Perth are a must. Followed by the challenges of Victory and WSW with an ACL between them (all at home) .

nebakke

The last 20 minutes of the game this week convinced me. We've got the defence - but the combo of Duke and Bernie gives me a huge amount of belief.

I cannot think that we will not start without Duke again. His harassing relieves so much pressure on the rest of the team against teams that are trying to press us. He also made Bernie look better. The combos from the NYL of Duke, Bernie and Fitzgerald together with Macca and Wee-Mac will get us there.

The next four weeks are critical 6 points against Nix and Perth are a must. Followed by the challenges of Victory and WSW with an ACL between them (all at home) .

I'm still very hopeful too, if Fitzgerald can keep up the work from his switch-in at the Jets game, I think we're in good hands there... Impressive work-rate.
I'm still not entirely convinced about Duke... Don't get me wrong, I'm convinced about his qualities - you'd have to blind to not be... Even then... ;) - but I have no idea what his fitness is like... How would he hold up through a full game?
Once that's said, a home game against the Phoenix is probably not the worst time to find out... Not to say that it's a walk-in, but better against them than say, WSW... If he's fit though... WHOA! :)

Incidentally, I've been wondering, it strikes me that Miron seems to either dislike or just be generally unimpressed by us. I don't mind the latter, to each their own, but I have a sneaking feeling that he really dislikes us. Even during the ACL games last season, he seemed to genuinely struggle with commentating "for us" so-to-speak.
Is it just a QLD-type thing? Or something else?... Or am I just suffering from the usual "supporter-paranoia"? ;)

nero

Did anyone hear double chin Anges post game interview?
He talked about how lucky he was to be able to be involved with a team that has great crowds, atmosphere and wins.

Being a Mariners fan i was wondering if he was playing mind games with Arnie. As in we dont have the same crowds, atmospere as Victory. Getting ready for our home game soon.
He may have also been challenging Arnie to join a big club to be part of it all.
Just a stupid opinion.

MrCelery

I watched the last half hour of the Victory v Heart match. If that is the quality of the competition we should do just fine. The error rate from both teams was dreadful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred