• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New Owners?

Ancient Mariner

Interesting. The World game have now included the Club's statement in the article.

Reading what the Club states, it does not rule out the article as being false.

Does the following statement refer to the due diligence required by Football Australia.

“We’re going through the final stages with legal and we’re waiting on the FFA final approval before we can announce in February,” he told SBS The World Game.

The question is? "What is the point of talking to TWG at this stage". Assuming the words actually came from Abdul Helou and not someone taking the piss.

At best it may be a sign that negotiations are happening and it is some sort of bargaining ploy.

Better than silence.

But like all rumoured prospective player signings. Wait until the ink is dry on the contract before opening the champagne.

Corsair

Idk l just don't really trust this guy. The 32% stake in Rayo Vallecano looks dodgy as well.
Hmm, if he is a part owner of Rayo you might be right to have some reservations. Their fans seemed very unhappy when the club was bought and membership prices were jacked up amongst other things, according to this article.

No mention of Helou in the org structure on their website:

Last edited:

Ads

Could be an elaborate plan between him (new owner) and the club to draw interest back to the club.

A planned media article and then a club statement, gets a lot of people talking quickly especially with the article mentioning property as well.

Could be a cheap (inexpensive) way to do some marketing for the club and the league. Haha.

ashman89

Hmm, if he is a part owner of Rayo you might be right to have some reservations. Their fans seemed very unhappy when the club was bought and membership prices were jacked up amongst other things, according to this article.

No mention of Helou in the org structure on their website:
Should email asking the club if Helou is legit haha got about 10000 Email addresses listed hahaha

Avoca

I support a new owner (& I’m thankful that MC did save the Mariners after all), but I’m also keen for a 100% commitment that the team will STAY on the Central Coast.

Potentially there’s millions to be made from property redevelopment, but the sporting team comes first.

Wombat

We’ll soon find out how legit things are when the first transfer window opens... :popcorn:

The fact we have suddenly signed three international players is very unPikeylike.......which makes me think we have a done deal and Pikey has the confidence to pay the wages knowing he has money in the bank.

The slight worry is Pikey is a shark and a flake............not a great combo when dealing with a buyer......and he has the ability to f**k up his own deal.

bikinigirl

The fact we have suddenly signed three international players is very unPikeylike.......which makes me think we have a done deal and Pikey has the confidence to pay the wages knowing he has money in the bank.

The slight worry is Pikey is a shark and a flake............not a great combo when dealing with a buyer......and he has the ability to f**k up his own deal.

:piralaugh:

. unPikeylike

. I like the way that one rolls off the tongue ... chance of it entering the local vernacular ?

. it could, like, even get picked up by, like, the young-uns

Pirate Pete

Idk l just don't really trust this guy. The 32% stake in Rayo Vallecano looks dodgy as well.
It is. From the SMH.

"When I say I own Rayo Vallecano, I own the infrastructure and the fiscal entities behind it. Am I involved in the club day today? No. Am I sitting on the board? No. Am I involved with the decision-making? No, but I've got a larger property play in Spain."

Rayo Vallecano has not responded to requests to verify Helou's claims.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami