• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New Owners?

Ben10

Won't believe it till I see it, I feel like Man U have bigger fish to fry than a club like ours. I certainly hope so.

Be interesting to see if the club swat these reports down like they did with old mate who had the "connections" in Spain. If CCM don't say anything it will just fuel the speculation and distract the team in what will be a crucial few weeks. COYY

Ancient Mariner

I can believe Man U interested.
I can believe them preferring a capital city.
However I think any suggestion of NSO or Brookvale is just a thought bubble from the journo writing up the rumour. There is no ground in Sydney's north suitable.
IF it goes ahead (big IF) then I think commonsense will prevail and Man U or the A League would leave the Club in Gosford.

If I were a betting man, at this stage I would want least 50 to 1 to bet on Man U purchasing.
I would want 200 to 1 for a relocation to Sydney and 1000 to 1 for relocation to NSO or Brookvale.
FFS Christie Park would be a better move and would cater comfortably for the crowd numbers expected to support.

I would probably take 5 to 1 on the story being started by a rival club to undermine team harmony.

I would take 2 to 1 on it all being BS.

My suggestion, chill out, because there will be many more of these buyer rumours as time goes on.

booney

Hopefully not true.I have followed MU since the late 1950s but that club has lost its soul as has become a corporate entity(as have many other European clubs).

Therefore even if they took over CCM and left them on the coast I would think twice about renewing membership but moving to the North Shore would be the end for me.

Provincial/regional clubs such as us and the Jets need to be involved in the A-League ( hopefully Wollongong can eventually be there too) so that it is truly a national competition.

Pirate Pete

Just listening to abc Sydney.
Talking about it just now.
Name change to red devils...... Wtf.
Sounds like more info Sydney morning herald.

Just had my text read out on abc.

pjennings

It could also be the APL talking to the Manu and trying to create interest for the new media deal. God I'm a cynic

Huddo

Someone made a good post on the 442 forum, this report comes on the day of the Combanks announcement of a major sponsorship deal with FA, might be a coincidence, might be the media doing what they do best, and trying to create havoc.

marinerbhoy

Like everyone, I have no idea if this is true or not, but I am getting sick of all this crap. It is really undermining confidence in the club by not allowing us to think there is a future. Obviously I am same as most, I will be done with the club and the league if this happens. We are having an amazing season and this shit story pops up. It's deflating.

midfielder

If ManU wanted in it would make more sense to set up anew team....

Sydney is already getting over crowded and the crowd that used to flock to NSO to watch the Northern Spirit have largely become SFC & WSW fans, with the Mariners as the balance....

Also NSO is as hard as a rock and not the surface to play on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred