• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New A-League Reality show

Aden

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/72202,aleagues-reality-tv-debut.aspx

SYDNEY FC have turned their youth league recruitment into a TV show with the A-League club teaming with Foxtel to find the next football superstar. Word at work is Lawrie would not allow our youth team to get distracted by this idea as he believes throughout time  it will affect the concentration of the players. However as Lawrie not being the youth team coach i dont know the fact content of the statement i just made. This was just talk around the office but i intend to find out more and keep the forum posted

skilbeck

that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. But then again, you gotta always trust the flying circus to come up with stupid marketing ploys where they wont be taken seriously

skilbeck

and one more thing. If this is how Sydney FC run their business. I vote brendon santalab off the flying circus team :p

Kareem

ROFL at rego form...http://fox8.tv/footballsuperstar/football_superstar_application_form.pdf
it asks you questions like...
boyfriend/girlfriend (lol- since it is all guys...askin if you are gay)
Also how long for...
Whether you have ever been on TV (that is 100% not football related- they are probably pickin a david beckham type personality)
Favourite football team...lol, we should get someone who would make trials hands down and write here...CC Mariners (what do youi reckon they would do)
How many applicants including from other states would write down Sydney...rofl
Favourite player- better write John Kosmina there...lol
Do you have a temper?- fair anouigh
How often do you lose your temper? a bit personal but fair enough
What provokes you? Tv ratings?
Finish this sentence: My football dream is to .watch sydney get the wooden spoon in V3. ROFL (well one of my dreams)

Although interesting enough- they givin scholarship worth 30k at Mac Uni. As well as the scholarship givin 4k pa. over 5 years.

midfielder

Aden said:
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/72202,aleagues-reality-tv-debut.aspx

. Word at work is Lawrie would not allow our youth team to get distracted by this idea as he believes throughout time  it will affect the concentration of the players.

Thank heavens for Lawrie...............this must go down as prehaps the most stuipd thing I have ever read and for the sake of football I hope it flopps.

The Choppers must be mad

Kareem

But perhaps it will make money whilst every other team will lose money from youth...
but Pocketmoney will be the worst team around- lol
I say person will drop out of Youth team within 6 months (but Sydney wont care)

Sean

I think its a good idea and would be great to watch the talent in this tv show. I couldnt give a shit which club it is, but I am hoping for minimal cameo appearances by SFC "Star" Terry Mcflinn or the like.

i thoroughly enjoyed the promo last season for "The Next Ronaldinho" or what ever it was called as those kids were talented, and thought it would do well as a tv show judging by the success of shows such as Project Runway, So You Think You Can Dance etc. It would be great for sport and football to have their own dig at the reality tv craze.

And also, Rugby League/Union/UnderbellyFL have nothing like it, and we (football) are the first to do a show.

Kareem

it will be an interesting watch...but the fact of it is is that it will hurt the youth team doing it! Thankfully Lawrie knows what to do for the best interests of our youth!

Sean

How would it hurt the club?
Im sure it will be filmed during the day, most likely when the squad isnt training so it wouldnt clash, and the program would expose the club and hype up their resources and the staff hopefully attracting more youth trialling for the Sydney Youth team. The club wont be paying for it, so why would you say no to advertising at no cost?

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
and here I was thinking BIGGEST LOSER was about the Flying Circus....sorry my bad

Kareem

Perm said:
Im sure it will be filmed during the day, most likely when the squad isnt training so it wouldnt clash, and the program would expose the club and hype up their resources and the staff hopefully attracting more youth trialling for the Sydney Youth team. The club wont be paying for it, so why would you say no to advertising at no cost?
I meant youth team...
I will edit it! Young players need to be in a pressure free environment as much as possible to help their development along. Also having a TV star in the midst of the youth squad isnt great for team spirit etc. Older players may be able to deal with it...eg. Senior players in SFC squad (in relation to Alosi) and players in Galaxy (in relation to Beckham) but it is harder for 19-20 year olds.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
skilbeck said:
RECKY said:
and here I was thinking BIGGEST LOSER was about the Flying Circus....sorry my bad

No biggest loser is when Mario Jardel gets a decent conditioning coach

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...pearler  :thumbup:

Sean

Kareem said:
Perm said:
I meant youth team...
I will edit it! Young players need to be in a pressure free environment as much as possible to help their development along. Also having a TV star in the midst of the youth squad isnt great for team spirit etc. Older players may be able to deal with it...eg. Senior players in SFC squad (in relation to Alosi) and players in Galaxy (in relation to Beckham) but it is harder for 19-20 year olds.

I can confidently say that the winner of this reality show will be talented enough to fit in. It will be interesting to see how they deal with the contestants though, if they individualy study each contestant and show interviews and narrate every move (which would lead to the Tv star you dread Kareem), or if they follow the process that the group has to go through and the process of elimination.
I feel the selectors,coaches etc would be more studied than the contestants, which would remove any "fame" factor on the winner.

Kareem

the player that wins will be extremely talented...but it could have a negative impact on his career. Depends on how they manage it. There is a chance that it could work out 100% for all parties...but a very smal chance IMO. If Lwarie did do anything to steer us away from this I am very happy!!! (not worth the risk of destabilising our awesome youth system at the moment!)

I actually think this is not a bad thing... I hate reality TV shows, but this will be good exposure for the A-League, and will hopefully get the talented kids coming forward to get their chance to play for a professional club.

Also, we might be able to grab some of the other players that don't win...

midfielder

Rawmarinator said:
I actually think this is not a bad thing... I hate reality TV shows, but this will be good exposure for the A-League, and will hopefully get the talented kids coming forward to get their chance to play for a professional club.

Also, we might be able to grab some of the other players that don't win...

Football already has in place rep systems, associations etc, people strive to make these teams, they may find some talent but the systems we have does fairly well I agree with LM on this.

Atomic

"Any publicity is good publicity" P.T. Barnum (Barnum & Bailey Circus - How atp is that!  :piralaugh: )

marc

this is a fantastic idea in terms of football and a-league publicity. it wont do much for sydney FC as a whole but it will be interesting viewing and they might discover a real un-tapped talent, of which there is plenty. this is a good thing, i hope it rates well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred