• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

priorpeter

Very keen to see the highlights of this one
Tsekenis doing superb again, excellent finisher. Can anyone comment on his off the ball work rate?
he’s been around the senior training quite a while now, definitely next in line surely
Tsek is rated very highly by Staj.
You can sign up to NPL.tv for all the highlights and games on demand, as well as the live streams

pinklady

Tsek is rated very highly by Staj.
You can sign up to NPL.tv for all the highlights and games on demand, as well as the live streams
What I like about Tsekenis is his close control and football brain - be nice to see him being mentored by someone like Urena too if he's training with the main squad.

Very keen to see the highlights of this one
Tsekenis doing superb again, excellent finisher. Can anyone comment on his off the ball work rate?
he’s been around the senior training quite a while now, definitely next in line surely
Damo has really stepped up this season and has shown the benefits of training with the senior squad. Last year he finished second in the golden boot for the NPL behind Matt Cahill but was behind Cahill, Kuol and Smylie in the pecking order. Part of the reason for that was his discipline as he is still learning to balance his natural aggression with overstepping the boundaries. It is great to see a young striker with that fire and I hope he keeps working on getting that balance right.

His biggest challenge that he has overcome (and will continue to overcome) is the perception of favouritism/nepotism. He showed his character at Marconi by breaking in to the NPL1 1st Grade team on his own merit despite his father being the 1st Grade coach. At that time the Marconi TD was Nahuel Arrarte who was good friends with Peter Tsekenis from their time together at Bankstown City. Naz was also Staj's assistant with the Matildas and Staj was also good friends with Tseka going back to their time together in the Australian Schoolboys. (Interestingly I'm not sure that friendship extends to another of their schoolboy teammates - Ante Milicic!).

So Damo has had to do more than most to overcome the "Your dad's the coach" and the "Your dad's mates with the coach" innuendo that will always arise especially if he has a bad game or loss of form.

If he continues his great form, and continues to learn and develop under the senior coaches and players then the sky is the limit for him.

Last edited:

Michael

Damo has really stepped up this season and has shown the benefits of training with the senior squad. Last year he finished second in the golden boot for the NPL behind Matt Cahill but was behind Cahill, Kuol and Smylie in the pecking order. Part of the reason for that was his discipline as he is still learning to balance his natural aggression with overstepping the boundaries. It is great to see a young striker with that fire and I hope he keeps working on getting that balance right.

His biggest challenge that he has overcome (and will continue to overcome) is the perception of favouritism/nepotism. He showed his character at Marconi by breaking in to the NPL1 1st Grade team on his own merit despite his father being the 1st Grade coach. At that time the Marconi TD was Nahuel Arrarte who was good friends with Peter Tsekenis from their time together at Bankstown City. Naz was also Staj's assistant with the Matildas and Staj was also good friends with Tseka going back to their time together in the Australian Schoolboys. (Interestingly I'm not sure that friendship extends to another of their schoolboy teammates - Ante Milicic!).

So Damo was had to do more than most to overcome the "Your dad's the coach" and the "Your dad's mates with the coach" innuendo that will always arise especially if he has a bad game or loss of form.

If he continues his great form, and continues to learn and develop under the senior coaches and players then the sky is the limit for him.

great insight, thanks pinklady
Hope he gets some bench minutes at some point this season, I know he already has a squad number. It’d be rude not to increase his involvement if he keeps banging goals for fun. Such a tidy player.

Allreet?

Is he fast? So few Australian strikers seem to blend well pace with good touch and vision.

It's taken MacLaren a long time to get it right. Be great to see it in a youngster.

Wombat

So Damo has had to do more than most to overcome the "Your dad's the coach" and the "Your dad's mates with the coach" innuendo that will always arise especially if he has a bad game or loss of form.

And this is why we love you PL. Great insight.

Wombat

yeah give Tsekenis atleast a scholarship today. Top finisher, clean strikes with power. Ruthless, good speed, excellent touch and dribbling at speed.

didn’t mark moric try to sue us?
He did. He was very average in the game v Weston (the only time I saw him play) but the club did drag his trial out for a long time.

Michael

Hey @pinklady
Could you give us an insight on any other potential lads ready for the step up? Given it’s just about a complete overhaul/next cycle of NPL lads, I personally don’t know a lot of them just yet.
James Bayliss looks pretty decent in midfield, pretty solid physically.

priorpeter

Anyone going to Christie Park Tomorrow? I think I may drop in to have a look at our future stars again.
I’m calling the Sutherland/Blacktown game in the arvo so might swing by Christie Park on my way back.
We are the NPL2 Match of the Round this week, so it will be live on NPL.tv for anyone wishing to tune in!
Should be a belter of a match - spirit are a very good side and are probably my pick for the premiership this season.

Last edited:

Pirate Pete

I’m calling the Sutherland/Blacktown game in the arvo so might swing by Christie Park on my way back.
We are the NPL2 Match of the Round this week, will be live on NPL.tv for anyone wishing to tune in!
Should be a belter of a match - spirit are a very good side and are probably my pick for the premiership this season.
What time is our game on Pete?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami