• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

Luca Brasi

i saw the first half and SFC dominated imo. were physically more imposing, both our outside backs were burnt for speed a number of times and they were more patient in attack. good to hear they came back in the 2nd half. who was our #7?

pinklady

i saw the first half and SFC dominated imo. were physically more imposing, both our outside backs were burnt for speed a number of times and they were more patient in attack. good to hear they came back in the 2nd half. who was our #7?
Lachie Wales - Terrigal junior - scored our goal and was pretty threatening every time he had the ball. Didn't have the best season with CCFC this year but looked very good on Saturday.

Luca Brasi

Young Rose, Neill, Heffernan and Kalik all played for the youth this weekend, possible options for the WSW next week

marinersince2006

1.Mariners u21/youth superstars of the past.

Panni Nikas.

Mitchell Mallia.

Smith/Kalouris/Liddall/Sherlock/Gallagher/McKinley.

The great careers many youngsters have had since signing with us is amazing. Duke,Ryan,Ebini,Sainsbury,musti,Curran.Our under 21 teams of the past have some great names. Plus a great list of players who have played nsw NPL as well.

In 2018 it would be interesting to produce/vote for a Mariners Youth team of the first 10 years. 2008/2018.

The opportunities TW is giving youth needs to be recognized.

2.Poor form from Mossy.
As we all saw from the Ange interview he gave the media commentators a huge serve.....and a direction to improve analysis/opinions/comments.
Ange would want more analysis and more professionalism than Mossy gave in his comments on fox today.

Mossy was on Fox this morning and was less than complimentary about the way we are developing our young players. Maybe Mossy gave under 21 players more game time than I remember.

He was probably more active in under 21 recruitment and developement than he is given credit for.maybe during his time we used the least number of OA players in u21 league. Posc? Neil?anderson?

I don't remember Mossy recruiting any AIS players or recruiting any youth players from QLD/SA/WA.Lrose/Kalik?

As a huge Moss supporter I think he should never comment on our club. He has such an amazing history with Arnie and as coach. He should see that his bosses and colleagues in the media only want scandal/sensationalism .

Hopefully Mossy gets a JPM type role in the future in ALEAGUE or gets a lucrative gig in Indonesia,Malaysia,Thailand or Singapore.

Our club history writer has a rich Moss chapter that needs an update.

Yoda

Caceras, Fitz, Sim & Trifiro all starting for NYL today, they won't be happy campers....

adz

Staff member
Caceras, Fitz, Sim & Trifiro all starting for NYL today, they won't be happy campers....

Just shows why they were dropped. We wouldn't accept an old has-been "marquee" on holiday, playing out his last year or so. Same should apply for the young, potential stars, using the Mariners as a step ladder to go to other clubs. Put in some effort or don't bother...

Football nut

Went and watched today, a very entertaining game to be fair I think we were the better side for the majority of the game just could not convert the opportunities.

Rowdy

Went and watched today, a very entertaining game to be fair I think we were the better side for the majority of the game just could not convert the opportunities.

Sound's like you were watching 1st grade, not the NYL . :cool:

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred