• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

crock

There will obviously be two sides to this issue, so it is probably best to see what information comes out over the coming weeks but the truth is that were always likely to be a number of changes to come out of the new owner’s plans for the club, so this may not be the last of those.
Exactly i have faith in peil and most new owners make changes

marinermick

Agreed timing isn't great and starting to wonder if Ken will hang around

I would say a few people at all areas of the organisation will be looking behind their back’s regularly.

Ken is the primary reason the academy is successful. Not discounting the contribution of others but without him the academy would not be in this position.

No coincidence success started to occur when he arrived.

crock

I would say a few people at all areas of the organisation will be looking behind their back’s regularly.

Ken is the primary reason the academy is successful. Not discounting the contribution of others but without him the academy would not be in this position.

Agreed Ken has been great for the academy and the club he has done a great job

Rising Sun

Agree 100%. The football department was over-achieving from top-to-bottom when Peil arrived; the biggest problem was under-funding. As well as bringing funding, the team of Peil, Wilkshire and Bernal seem to be bringing a lot of football IQ and a lot of ideas, and can hopefully lift the performance further - but hopefully they don't break the things that are already working in the process

Rising Sun

Can someone kindly snap me in on what is going on? Peil junior, new owner changes, someone got told to walk? I can't piece together the whole picture based on the comments here...
Try and keep up man :D

Christenson has apparently been sacked for a substitution was made on the weekend in 20s that wasn't well received. Peil Jr was hooked at half time in 20s so...putting 2 and 2 together (and maybe coming up with 253)...it would appear that hooking the bosses son is a reason for instant dismissal.

Worst case scenario is that nepotism now rules, and within the next year or two, Monty will be instructed to pick in the first team regardless of merit.

But at the other end of the spectrum, it may be that the Christenson/Wilkshire relationship has broken down and this was the final straw, rather than a one-off. Christenson was instructed to pick Peil to give him more minutes in 20s in what was a dead-rubber game (I can live with a bit of nepotism). So Peil was picked, but then Christenson stuck a finger up at Wilkshire by hooking Peil at half-time

Michael

I remember it being mentioned on here that Christo wasn’t staying next season a couple months back. Interesting to see if there’s a off reaction from the squad in finals now…
So it was about Rich’s son getting dragged in the 20’s game?
I don’t see a need to beat around the bush.

-edit- posted same time as comment above

Michael

Christenson has apparently been sacked for a substitution was made on the weekend in 20s that wasn't well received. Peil Jr was hooked at half time in 20s so...putting 2 and 2 together (and maybe coming up with 253)...it would appear that hooking the bosses son is a reason for instant dismissal.

Worst case scenario is that nepotism now rules, and within the next year or two, Monty will be instructed to pick in the first team regardless of merit.

But at the other end of the spectrum, it may be that the Christenson/Wilkshire relationship has broken down and this was the final straw, rather than a one-off. Christenson was instructed to pick Peil to give him more minutes in 20s in what was a dead-rubber game (I can live with a bit of nepotism). So Peil was picked, but then Christenson stuck a finger up at Wilkshire by hooking Peil at half-time
Good summary mate, both sides look shit in all honesty. I do get playing some u18’s in a dead rubber u20’s game (if their u18 performances earn it) particularly because theyre most likely going to be there next season. Early feel for it etc etc.
But if Rich’s young bloke has been put there because he’s Rich’s young bloke that’s not really on. Does seem like there’s something more to it and this was the final straw maybe. I wouldn’t know.

but I definitely don’t see rich having any influence over who Monty picks, ever.

pjennings

I remember it being mentioned on here that Christo wasn’t staying next season a couple months back. Interesting to see if there’s a off reaction from the squad in finals now…
So it was about Rich’s son getting dragged in the 20’s game?
I don’t see a need to beat around the bush.

-edit- posted same time as comment above

TBH - Do we really know what happened. Even if what has been speculated is true that has nothing to do with the young player. He is presumably just doing what he was required to by his manager so I'm quite happy to leave him out of it completely.

Rising Sun

Just as an FYI, Peil Jr is I think still eligible for 18s next year. He had some cameos off the bench in the 20s earlier in the season and then started getting longer minutes (as a DM) when the squad started getting stretched a bit thin in recent weeks.

He has acquitted himself reasonably well and improved with every game. He is a good chance of pushing for a regular starting spot in 20s next year (on merit) but right now, at his relatively young age and current stage of development, there are some much better options for the 20s when everyone is available

pinklady

3 senior coaches gone now since the new owner came in - Christo for hooking the owners son, JVS after disagreements with Monty (and this is also the reason Birraz left, seeing the only reason he came here in the first place was because of Jess) and Peter Preston from the womens on the direction of the owner after the parent of a (1st grade) player he dropped complained to the club. Talking to some people, the general opinion is that we have gone from an absent owner who didn't want to do anything to one that wants to be involved in everything and do everyone's job. My tip is Bernal to take over from Ken within 12 months.

crock

3 senior coaches gone now since the new owner came in - Christo for hooking the owners son, JVS after disagreements with Monty (and this is also the reason Birraz left, seeing the only reason he came here in the first place was because of Jess) and Peter Preston from the womens on the direction of the owner after the parent of a (1st grade) player he dropped complained to the club. Talking to some people, the general opinion is that we have gone from an absent owner who didn't want to do anything to one that wants to be involved in everything and do everyone's job. My tip is Bernal to take over from Ken within 12 months.
If it was just because of Jess he would have left after only one season because the 2nd season under staj we had another gk coach and jvs only returned after staj left

priorpeter

Bit wide of the mark RE Birraz reason for leaving. True that JVS was a big reason he came here, but Birraz couldn’t stand him in the end.

shipwreck

Fascinating gossip, thanks for bringing me up to speed.

Just listened to the pod also which hinted at it all diplomatically.

I can't see the acadamy boys performing well and being in the best position to win the final now and the club only has its self to blame..

If I'm playing the Mariners now I'm cheering knowing they just sacked their coach in dodgy circumstances and they are all destabilised as a result.

Ironbark

and
Way too many assumptions involved in all this speculation for mine. When assumptions and speculation are the basis and the implications then negatively impact perceptions and decisions I prefer not to engage in them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred