• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Club Identity Policy (NCIP) Review

Is OK to return to the NSL days of mono-cultural clubs like Hellas, Croatia in the A-League?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

MrCelery

An formal opportunity to provide your views on whether top-level football should continue to require clubs to have city\regional identities, or whether it is OK to return to the NSL days of mono-cultural clubs like South Melbourne Hellas, Sydney Croatia, etc.

https://www.ffa.com.au/ncip-review/survey

Offsider

The world has changed ........... and I have witnessed it in my lifetime.

As an apprentice at port kembla steelworks we called most of our masters ........ wogs. I used to go by dions bus ( slow boat to china) to woonona to watch prague v sth coast united and never understood a word yelled. You didn’t call anybody a wog to their face then, and It later became accepted and is now even a term of endearment. Their now grown up off spring and the baby boomers recognise their parents contribution to building the great infrastructure that underpinned the country. I now have friends that would be offended if I didn’t say “g’day ya wog “ to them when we pass.

In those days people worked at being a multinational country and the use of the banned names “syd croatia “ etc went against that philosophy.
Australia has changed ............ we are now a country that is no longer fighting to be multinational .......... it is now a Country of multi nations.
The fight is lost ............. multi nations it is.

Is it not discriminatory to not allow a person to relate to their descendancy. Surely the rich culture of the people that built the country should be allowed to be recognised. I knew a very pretty chinese girl, she was a flatmate of a uni student I was dating, she talked about how awkward she felt being so different with her slanty eyes and in such a minority she hated going to town or even the pictures of a sat night. It is now I that feel that, when I go to sydney shopping. The number of times I have asked for directions on the street and people just ignore me ......... I assume they don’t speak english or don’t have to speak english.

I don’t really care .......... the bad air quality in sydney plays havoc with my sinuses............ I haven’t been to sydney in over three years. Don’t miss it at all. I recognise the beauty in clean air .......... and no faces ..........of any nationality.

The biggest opposition to the ethnic names were the ethnics themselves. I still think it would be fine to call the black kettle black or white or yellow whatever colour he wants to be called .......... it is just a name to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami