National Club Identity Policy (NCIP) Review

Discussion in 'Australian Football' started by MrCelery, Nov 17, 2018.

?

Is OK to return to the NSL days of mono-cultural clubs like Hellas, Croatia in the A-League?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. MrCelery

MrCelery Well-Known Member

An formal opportunity to provide your views on whether top-level football should continue to require clubs to have city\regional identities, or whether it is OK to return to the NSL days of mono-cultural clubs like South Melbourne Hellas, Sydney Croatia, etc.

https://www.ffa.com.au/ncip-review/survey

2. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

More than happy for them to be so in NPL etc but not A League.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Offsider

Offsider Active Member

The world has changed ........... and I have witnessed it in my lifetime.

As an apprentice at port kembla steelworks we called most of our masters ........ wogs. I used to go by dions bus ( slow boat to china) to woonona to watch prague v sth coast united and never understood a word yelled. You didn’t call anybody a wog to their face then, and It later became accepted and is now even a term of endearment. Their now grown up off spring and the baby boomers recognise their parents contribution to building the great infrastructure that underpinned the country. I now have friends that would be offended if I didn’t say “g’day ya wog “ to them when we pass.

In those days people worked at being a multinational country and the use of the banned names “syd croatia “ etc went against that philosophy.
    Australia has changed ............ we are now a country that is no longer fighting to be multinational .......... it is now a Country of multi nations.
    The fight is lost ............. multi nations it is.

Is it not discriminatory to not allow a person to relate to their descendancy. Surely the rich culture of the people that built the country should be allowed to be recognised. I knew a very pretty chinese girl, she was a flatmate of a uni student I was dating, she talked about how awkward she felt being so different with her slanty eyes and in such a minority she hated going to town or even the pictures of a sat night. It is now I that feel that, when I go to sydney shopping. The number of times I have asked for directions on the street and people just ignore me ......... I assume they don’t speak english or don’t have to speak english.

I don’t really care .......... the bad air quality in sydney plays havoc with my sinuses............ I haven’t been to sydney in over three years. Don’t miss it at all. I recognise the beauty in clean air .......... and no faces ..........of any nationality.

The biggest opposition to the ethnic names were the ethnics themselves. I still think it would be fine to call the black kettle black or white or yellow whatever colour he wants to be called .......... it is just a name to me.

• Like Like x 1