• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Missing Surf Skier

bathurstmariner

Search continues for coast surf skier

13:28 AEST Sun Jun 14 2009

An air, sea and land search has so far failed to find a man who went missing after going for a paddle on a surf ski two days ago.

Police hold grave fears for Ryan Sainty, 20, who left his home in Park Avenue, Woy Woy, at about 12.30pm (AEST) on Friday.

Mr Sainty, an up-and-coming rugby league talent with the Newcastle Knights, took his surf ski with him, telling his mother he was going for a paddle for about an hour.

His mother called police at about 5pm when he hadn't come home.

Police say a man found the blue ski upside down on Brisbane Water with a paddle and a wind jacket tied to it.

"Representatives of the police air wing, Brisbane Water Local Area Command, the volunteer coastal patrol as well as waterways and so far there has been no sign of Mr Sainty or anything that could shed light on his disappearance," a NSW police spokeswoman told AAP.

She said the search would continue throughout the afternoon.

"It will be continuing for as long as it needs to.

"The requirements for each day's search will be assessed on an ongoing basis."

The episode has brought back painful memories among the rugby league community after the presumed drowning of New Zealand Warriors player Sonny Fai at a west Auckland beach.

Fai, 20, was last seen swimming with family members in January when they became caught in a rip on the rugged coastal beach.

His body has not been found.

Mr Sainty played for the Newcastle Knights in the NRL's national youth competition Newcastle Knight's Youth Competition.

"Brings back awful memories of Sonny Fai all over again," reads one post on The Newcastle Knights Forum.

On a Facebook page set up in honour of Mr Sainty, supporter Tui Belvie wrote: "I support the Warriors and know how heartbreaking it is to lose a player to the sea. I pray that there is a better outcome than what happened to Sonny Fai."

Mr Sainty's father Terry said last night that his 193cm-tall son was a healthy and happy man.

Anyone with information about Mr Sainty's whereabouts is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Ryan was a mate of mine at high school (St Eddies), and i'm sure many people on this forum know who he is and are mates of his as well.

I ask you to keep him and his family in your thoughts an prayers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred