• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Miscellaneous

Tevor

I heard something on the grapevine the other day about changes to the game in Europe. I wasn't really paying attention, something about the handball rule and also defensive walls. Anyone have a summary and whether they apply here? The thread dealing with laws of the game is locked so apologies if this isn't the right one.
You would assume so as they are FIFA rules. Hand ball is no longer assessed if deliberate etc, if your arms are away from your body then it’s handball. Been some interesting decisions in the EPL so far on that one. With the wall an attacker can no longer stand in the middle of the wall or disrupt it. That’s the general gist of the changers. The handball should be more simple but have still seen Ref’s and VAR screw it up so far.

Therefore this season we will get pinged heaps for handball and receive f all in return. Pretty standard really.

FFC Mariner

One of the most notable changes is around handball, particularly when it comes to attackers in the opposition area. The rule itself is as clear as day. "Any goal scored or created with the use of the hand or arm will be disallowed this season, even if it is accidental"

Hello Sailor

I was watching the movie "He died with a felafel in his hand" recently-btw the book is so much better. Anyway there is an exotic woman who mentions that there used to be 13 lunar months in the calendar year. I think she said that the change was laid at the feet of the patriarchy or it was changed to 12 because 13 was an unlucky number. 13x28=364 which is almost perfect and certainly better than twelve months with 30, 31,28, or 29 on leap years and having to remember the jingle. Bring back the 13 month lunar year :)

Last edited:

Hello Sailor

I have seen some silly club animal totems, like a goat for Koln and a bat for Valencia. Are there any less inspiring than the one for Morecambe FC?

Last edited:

Hello Sailor

Bloody hell, I thought Marvin was weird. It looks like Southend United already have the shrimp mascot. https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/southend-united-mascot-sammy-the-shrimp.html?sortBy=relevant

Ya gotta love Mr Testicles!!!!

Ozhammer

Bloody hell, I thought Marvin was weird. It looks like Southend United already have the shrimp mascot. https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/southend-united-mascot-sammy-the-shrimp.html?sortBy=relevant

Ya gotta love Mr Testicles!!!!
They definitely saved the best for last in that list eh? :)

You gotta have balls to get dressed up like that…..

adz

Staff member
I was watching the movie "He died with a felafel in his hand" recently-btw the book is so much better. Anyway there is an exotic woman who mentions that there used to be 13 lunar months in the calendar year. I think she said that the change was laid at the feet of the patriarchy or it was changed to 12 because 13 was an unlucky number. 13x28=364 which is almost perfect and certainly better than twelve months with 30, 31,28, or 29 on leap years and having to remember the jingle. Bring back the 13 month lunar year :)

I think we really need to dig into this one further. What do we call the 13th month? Where does it slot in? What happens to people with birthdays on 29/30/31 of other months? Do we simply add a new month or ditch them all and have brand new months but 28 days each? Does February get a pass because it already has 28 days? Then do you get to choose your birthday or are you "grandfathered" in somehow to the new system? Should we form a committee to discuss this? How many members should it have? 13 sounds reasonable. So many questions...

Hello Sailor

I think we really need to dig into this one further. What do we call the 13th month? Where does it slot in? What happens to people with birthdays on 29/30/31 of other months? Do we simply add a new month or ditch them all and have brand new months but 28 days each? Does February get a pass because it already has 28 days? Then do you get to choose your birthday or are you "grandfathered" in somehow to the new system? Should we form a committee to discuss this? How many members should it have? 13 sounds reasonable. So many questions...
Bah, details, details lol

scottmac

Suspended
Have been watching the AFL Grand final today and can't help but wonder where Australian football would be if all these guys and their fans were round ball rather than whatever this is.
Abolish AFL and NRL and Australia would be competing for if not favourites for the rugby world cup right now and probably not short of a proper striker in the round ball game either.
AFL just such a waste of sporting ability on the world stage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami