• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mickey mouse cup 2008

David Votoupal

The semis:
Spurs v Burnley
Derby v Man Utd

Hmmm... when Spurs faced Burnley in a League Cup tie years ago it ended like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbjur2XFvWc

serious14

fedelt said:
serious,
tevez or berbatov?

Depends....... although I really wouldn't say no to having both of them on the field at the same time.

If i had to choose one, it would depend on who we're playing.  Berbs is lassez-faire to the max, but you know that any second he's going to do something that makes you :eek:, but then you've got the animal/workhorse factor of Tevez...... when both Tevez and Rooney are on the field an opposition just goes "oh, crap, we're going to be chased down all night".

Paolo

Spurs are on their way to Wembley, Tottenham's gonna do it again, they cant stop em the boys from Tottenham the boys from White Hart Lane

Tottenham 4-1 Burnley (1st leg)
Pav, O'Hara, Dawson, Duff(og)

Patersen

serious14

F*cking hate this stupid League Cup - I'd prefer to get knocked out in the first fixture than to have to deal with 5 or 6 extra games at this point of the season.  We lost to Coventry in our first League Cup game last season, and went on to win the double.  We won this stupid revenue raiser in 2004 at the expense of anything else.  I know which I'd rather

I'm hoping we pump them at Trafford 'cause you never wish a loss on your team, but still........

P.S.  Nani is garbage, and you can practically see the starry lights of Madrid in Ronaldo's eyes.  Probably should have sold him in the off season in hindsight.

P.P.S.  New manager syndrome.  Every f*cking time. 

northernspirit

marinermick said:
northernspirit said:
havent seen much of the sterj, if they dont score again theyre cannon fodder at old trafford

1-0 derby

the sterj set up derby's goal

haha - cloughy
thats good, i only saw it from near the end of the 1st half
jens old man is a forest fan so he will be gunning for the red scum in the 2nd leg... man ure were rubbish, didnt look that interested imo

serious14

northernspirit said:
man ure were rubbish, didnt look that interested imo

Keeping one eye on you lot for Sunday's game I would say.

I'm 99% confident we'll murder them in the return leg just to prove a point, but it is a few days before an FA Cup (the real cup mind you  ;)) tie against Spurs.  So the kids might get another run...... but then again, a day out at Wembley is a day out at Wembley.

Ah f*ck, I dunno - I lose enough hair being a supporter.  Imagine being a manager??  :eek:

northernspirit

no thanks to being a manager, i reckon alex ferguson hasnt changed his chewing gum in 10 years.

derby would have had a good chance to make the final if they scored another goal but as you said theyll get put to the sword in the 2nd leg

serious14

northernspirit said:
no thanks to being a manager, i reckon alex ferguson hasnt changed his chewing gum in 10 years.

He's just added to it as time has gone on - it's now so big he can't get it out of his mouth. :p

serious14

Well, we won 4-2 to go through 4-3 on aggregate.  Yay Wembley etc.

Kudos to Derby for having the balls to come to Trafford and actually play football.  Spurs await in the final (unless Burnley pull off a miracle).

Paolo

serious14 said:
Well, we won 4-2 to go through 4-3 on aggregate.  Yay Wembley etc.

Kudos to Derby for having the balls to come to Trafford and actually play football.   Spurs await in the final (unless Burnley pull off a miracle).
should we make it....i give us a much better shot at winning in a one off final rather then a 2 two legged affair.

It will all depend on which Tottenham shows up

serious14

You did it last year against the odds...... should be a good game either way, Happy Harry has a habit of f*cking us over in Cup ties.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred