• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Messages of Support for the Mariners

skilbeck

Im just starting this thread to give our support to the boys who IMO had a stellar season and to encourage them when they are in a down mood.

While yesterday wasnt the best day for most of the people on here, it did make me feel proud to be one of the many thousand mariners supporters to make the trip down to Sydney to support you and any true supporter will always be proud of what you have achieved and what you have done for the CC.

First of all in the regular season the mariners were the most successful team and rightfully earned the premiership and had the most wins despite a few knocks and blows throughout the course of the year, this says more about the character of any team and the players in the team than any final game in a knock out competition. In most respectful footballing countries the premiership is the most prestigious silverware you can win on the domestic level.

It may hurt now but I am confident you will come back stronger next year with the same fighting spirit and energy but multiplied by 1000 and after that you will be carving it up against the best clubs in Asia.

And I dont believe this is the end of the Danny Vukovic story. He will probably be given a ban, perhaps timely, after which he will come back with a vengeance and the combined support of bay 16 behind him will then launch him into the international scene and onto glory and he will be immortalised in the folklore of the mariners and his ability and achievements will never be forgotten.

This thread may be a bit too soon for some but I hope people fill this thread with support in time. But the Mariners must go on even in these bad times and thats the one ideal that everyone on this forum has

Costar

Well said skilbeck.

Absolutely gutted about the result.  Wish the $$$ I spent had a better return but that's football.  As I said to my 7 year old (who spent the entire game playing with her Mariners Bear - who she has called Nigel) someone has to lose.  Her reply - "It sux that it was us".  Well yes it does sweetheart.

I didn't go to any games in V1.  Only really started going after the NYE game in V2.  I wish I'd started going earlier.  The Mariners have quickly become a real focus in our house, and like a lot of families we play sport all year round.  Was always sceptical that the missus would continue to want to go, but if anything she's the most fanatical of us all.  To think that she was more than happy to sit through that s**tty weather at the Phoenix game and not even blanch at outlaying the $ for tickets for the game and bus trip down there (in fact she insisted, no arguements, 'we're going that's it') is the biggest testimony I can think of to how much this team means to the Central Coast.

We've put Mariners memberships into our budget.  We've bought jerseys (can't wait for a new one #16 and Boogard on the back), flags, scarves, beanies etc, and it's been money well spent.  We live for the next Mariners game.  We loved going to the Picnic and meeting the boys, just so friendly and open - nothing was too much trouble.  We love seeing other Mariners fans and knowing that we're a small part of something huge and special. 

Props to the Marinators also.  This forum is awesome.  Don't always agree with everything on it, but everyone's welcome and valued.  At times it looks like other fan groups are bigger in size but you beat them in heart.  Keep on doing what you do.

We'll be there in V4 no matter who's in the team.  We'll remember seeing one of Australia's great players Tony Vidmar.  Hopefully I'll tell the grandkids that I saw John Aloisi playing at Gosford and what a terrific bloke he was.  We'll never forget Gumps' cheeky grin and Tommy's perfection. 

Before you go Ceccers thanks for filling in when you needed.  You played great I loved seeing those runs down the flank and your never say die spirit.  I won't let one questionable game bring you down.  Good luck next year.

To all the rest of the boys, and those behind the scenes, what a great job.  You've made us all proud and only want more.  Chin up Danny you'll always be a Mariners favourite.  Looking forward to a trip to Asia on some long service leave to cheer you on.

One thing sums it all up for mine.  When we were leaving the ground yesterday, tails between our legs, I asked a friend 'When's the preseason start?'

Have a rest, enjoy the break.  We'll see you next season fired up even more.

Krispy

Well done guys- I just signed on to do exactly what you two guys have done- thank the boys for a great ride this season.
I was semi- interested in Season 1, intrigued and sometimes frustrated in Season 2.  At the start of this season I bought a membership as I thought the Mariners deserved our support and now I am hooked.  the wife thinks I need therapy!

I am shattered like everyone else after the buildup to the game - but so proud of the supporters who attended the game and I hear that many of own fine establishments on the Coast were packed with folk watching it on the big screen over an ale or two.

this will only strengthen the resolve of Mariner supporters and continue to build the fan base and thus provide the foundations for the long term success of the Club and as a result we will see plenty of Premierships and GF success.

Finally thanks to the Marinators and the guys that moderate and administer this site - it has been a great relief to be able to use this site to satisfy the appetite in the lead up to the game and now as we recover. well done to everyone involved.  Bring on Season 4 and Asia!.

dannysgirl

I remember my first soccer game. I have never been a sports person and just wasn't interested at all. But my boyfriend dragged me along to an a-leauge game a few years back, it was the New Zealand Knights vs The Central Coast Mariners....and I was so annoyed at my boyfriend for dragging me along that I bet on the Knights just to annoy him. They won too.

But I had fun and I enjoyed watching my team win, although they were my team for only one match and ever since then I have gone along to most home games and even went to Sydney for that first Grand Final.

During the second season we went to just about every game, and I had even started to figure out who all the players were (whereas before I would just watch the game without really noticing who did what). For christmas that year my boyfriend bought me a mariners jersey which I have worn to every game since.

So of course at the beginning of this season we decided that we might as well get memberships as it would end up saving us a bit since we were going to every game. We also went to every single Newcastle and Sydney game and we would have gone to the grand final no matter where it was. We were sitting on the top level but about half way into the season we decided that we would rather be sitting with the marinators, which is what we will be doing next season. ;)

Although we lost the grand final we were still proud to say that we support the mariners, and we still went out to mingas to meet and greet with the boys. I was so excited to run around and get my shirt signed by all the boys (missed out on getting Viddys siggy on my shirt but oh well) had a chat with Laurie, rubbed Andre's bald head (its actually a little fuzzy if anyone was wondering) and got photos of course.

It didn't matter that we lost, we were still happy to be there and as someone said that night, we may not have been the best team for 90 minutes but we have been the best over the season and we will be again next season and of course we are still going to ASIA!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred