• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Member forum 2 Feb... and Gold/Platinum seating changes

Ads

Mmm I don’t know.

It has been mentioned a bit about the deal would consist of lower rent for the Mariners, etc.

Question is how much lower and what will save on the bottom dollar and once again it’s a decision that is weighed up by the ownership.

How much money will we save vs how much money will we potentially loose from pissed off patrons?

Would be crazy and imagine if there was absolutely nothing the Mariners could do as well as getting absolutely no benefit or compensation for the deal. Which is still a possibility with the benefit of having the the stadium licence.

Going to be an interesting couple of weeks.

Hopefully any negativity and back end nonsense doesn’t surround the players ears during trainings etc, need them to keep performing while shit like this hopefully gets sorted quickly and quietly.
As we do still want to keep growing fan numbers and game day experience.

Tevor

Say there are 500 platinum members in the three and a half impacted bays, that is about $250k in member fees that is no longer available. I'm sure the club is going to try and retain as much as possible however without those seats you can't charge $500 per season. A passable retention may be around 50% of those member funds so that is $125k the Club is giving up. Without knowing any details on lease arrangements with the stadium who knows how much better off the club is with giving up perhaps approx. $125k in memberships fees.

On the flip side if VL sell 200 memberships they have a $150k revenue stream, replace the 500 and it's $375k for VL. The real winner is VL, as I said before the Stadium situation has been a real and ongoing problem for the Club's finances. This new situation may in fact be the worst it has been since day one. Some may have a better recollection than myself however many years ago the fee the council charged was pretty low per season I believe.

I'm sure the Club is not happy about it however when you have very little leverage what can you do. Shafted again in the tender process so the Club might as well give up on the pipe dream of managing the stadium. It's just disaster mitigation now.

Ancient Mariner

Question is how much lower and what will save on the bottom dollar and once again it’s a decision that is weighed up by the ownership.

How much money will we save vs how much money will we potentially loose from pissed off patrons?
This question has made me think about how much money the Club will loose in the future from me, as well as thinking about my entire plan to have 3 generations of my family sitting together in the best seats.

At the moment my plan for the future has been discarded as too high cost for the future benefits, mainly as it has now been demonstrated how easy it is to lose seats that you thought you could retain through continual renewal.
At best for the future my plans have gone from increasing the current 5 platinum seats to 6 (2nd granddaughter) and now look like being 2 gold or even 2 GA. I know I can cope with bread and water.

On another issue I have gone from being incredibly enthusiastic about the mythical proposed trust fund to being very unlikely to contribute a penny.

Being totally honest with myself it is not just the seat debacle that has led to these conclusions. Other contributing factors have been.
The behaviour or fans over this season and the A leagues slap on the wrist response.
After the Sydney United fan display the Melbourne Victory fan riot, down to the behaviour of the WSW fans last week to which the response has been silence has brought me to realise that the Aleague is not a "family friendly" environment and definitely has not been adequately addressed by the A league or FA.
When you hear that many of this years offenders have been slapped with life bans in the past which have not been enforced or have been quietly rescinded you realise that the powers that be are not serious.

The current upset and demonstrated fallacy of any security in seat retention however has become the significant contributor as well as a tipping point or trigger for my future planning.
Since you asked the question of how much the Club will lose, in my case it will be a significant amount. I will allow others to calculate how much and then extrapolate whatever they like from a singe sample.
This is not a threat, nor an ambit claim looking for a better deal in return. Just a statement of my likely future membership plans made, not in anger, but after a lot of thought.

Last edited:

Tevor

This question has made me think about how much money the Club will loose in the future from me, as well as thinking about my entire plan to have 3 generations of my family sitting together in the best seats.

At the moment my plan for the future has been discarded as too high cost especially as it has now been demonstrated how easy it is to lose seats that you thought you could retain through continual renewal.
At best for the future my plans have gone from increasing the current 5 platinum seats to 6 (2nd granddaughter) and now look like being 2 gold or even 2 GA. I know I can cope with bread and water.

On another issue I have gone from being incredibly enthusiastic about the mythical proposed trust fund to being very unlikely to contribute a penny.

Being totally honest with myself it is not just the seat debacle that has led to these conclusions. Other contributing factors have been.
The behaviour or fans over this season and the A leagues slap on the wrist response.
After the Sydney United fan display the Melbourne Victory fan riot, down to the behaviour of the WSW fans last week to which the response has been silence has brought me to realise that the Aleague is not a "family friendly" environment and is definitely one that has been adequately addressed by the A league or FA.
When you here that many of this years have been slapped with life bans in the past which have not been enforced or have been quietly rescinded you realise that the powers that be are not serious.

The current upset and demonstrated fallacy of any security in seat retention has become very significant contributor as well as a tipping point or trigger for my future planning.
Since you asked the question of how much the Club will lose, in my case it will be a significant amount. I will allow others to calculate how much and then extrapolate whatever they like from a singe sample.
This is not a threat, nor an ambit statement looking for a better deal in return. Just a statement of my likely future membership plans made, not in anger, but after a lot of thought.
I personally like how measured you are being about this AM. Agree with your comments on the League.

Ancient Mariner

Sorry that wasn't meant badly.
My feeling is that no one will race to have a challenging conversation where they can only tell the truth.
"It sucks, sorry"
They will want to wait for the meeting to stay on message
No apology necessary. I actually loved your comment and there is a strong possibility that it will be accurate.
A cynical approach is definitely correct when dealing with football in this country and it stimulates healthy conversation on this forum.

Ancient Mariner

I personally like how measured you are being about this AM. Agree with your comments on the League.
No point in remaining angry it causes blood pressure and leads to poor decisions.
There is not much point in taking it out on the Club who are dealing with a difficult situation.
It is time to deal with it and decide what is best for me.
Disappointed at the moment which in some ways is worse than anger in that it is an indication that passion is definitely waning.

Ancient Mariner

They won't call
Spot on FFC you win the prize.

No evidence of any incoming call on my phone that I may have missed.
I guess they do not want to spoil the excitement of Thursday night even though they were told of my concerns and inability to make the meeting as well as knowing who I am.
I guess I have become used to very quick call backs when it is about signing up for a new season.
Disappointing.

FFC Mariner

Sadly people are so predictable. If it's hard, with no good news people duck for cover.
It needs training and practice but it's not hard (unpleasant but not hard)$

Tevor

Geez, between this and the GF debacle - 2 decisions where the fans get hurt to make a buck.

Concerning.
Add in the fan issues and the hesitation to properly punish teams and it shows the league is in a very poor financial state. APL have a huge job on their hands to turn this around and I think they are not capable. Hiding the RBB’s antics shows how desperate they are. It will come back and bite them as they just green lighted poor active behaviour.

Corsair

Add in the fan issues and the hesitation to properly punish teams and it shows the league is in a very poor financial state. APL have a huge job on their hands to turn this around and I think they are not capable. Hiding the RBB’s antics shows how desperate they are. It will come back and bite them as they just green lighted poor active behaviour.
If you were a MV fan, being told the GF was in Sydney then no coverage of this WSW behaviour... you'd be thinking there was a Sydney bias and, we all know you'd be right.

turbo

If you were a MV fan, being told the GF was in Sydney then no coverage of this WSW behaviour... you'd be thinking there was a Sydney bias and, we all know you'd be right.
There was some really poor behavior from some wanderers fans but lets not put it on the same level as a pitch invasion and assault of a player. A MV fan would but that's just them downplaying their incident.

rbakersmith

Spot on FFC you win the prize.

No evidence of any incoming call on my phone that I may have missed.
I guess they do not want to spoil the excitement of Thursday night even though they were told of my concerns and inability to make the meeting as well as knowing who I am.
I guess I have become used to very quick call backs when it is about signing up for a new season.
Disappointing.
You're not alone AM, I sent an email to Dan on Friday night raising my concerns and still haven't heard back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami