• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mcmaster comeback?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

[size=12pt]McMaster Eyes A-League Return[/size]

Jon Ritson

EXCLUSIVE: Jamie McMaster is hungry for another crack at the Hyundai A-League as he continues on a footballing journey that has taken him from Leeds United to Lambert Park.
After a period where he readily admits to falling out of love with football, the passion is back for the much-travelled player.

The-25-year-old attacking midfielder made an instant impact as a substitute in Sundays NSW Premier League clash between Apia Leichhardt Tigers and Sutherland Sharks.

The former Elland Road teammate of Harry Kewell and Mark Viduka slammed a shot past keeper Phillip Zabakas just seconds after entering the fray at Lambert Park. It restored the Tigers lead, the home side having earlier taken the lead with a superb free-kick from Robert Younis.

Brendan Gun hammered in a leveller before McMasters strike but a goal worthy of gracing the world stage rescued a late draw for the Sharks in a 2-2 draw.
A long range dipping strike from Predrag Bojic crashed into the Apia net via the underside of the crossbar a goal of stunning quality.

Still, it wasnt enough to wipe the smile of McMasters face as he takes his first tentative steps back on the road to professional football again.

McMaster, who had a spell with the Central Coast Mariners during season two of the A-League, wouldnt rule out a return to Gosford. But then whether its Bluetongue, the SFS, Perth or Wellington, he is ready to do a job for an A-League coach.

He told au.fourfourtwo.com: I knew I was only going to get half an hour or so in the game. Ive been out of the game for about year and a half now.

That was my first goal, my first football, since my time at the Mariners. I left and went back to England to do some travelling with my mates. Id sort of lost interest in the game there for a bit.

But Im back now and wanting to get back into it. John (Romeo) has been nice enough to get me down here and get some games and build my fitness back to where it should be.

Apia Leichhardt is great for now but McMaster wants to step up to the big stage. The A-League? For sure, for sure.

Because Ive been out of the game for that long, Ill take anywhere. Id go to the Mariners, to Sydney, Ill just go where I have to go to try and get back to where I was," he said.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/76281,mcmaster-eyes-aleague-return.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member