• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Maybe the way of future Media

midfielder

Guys the links below is a post I put in a online newspaper, plus a couple of other football related stories.

This kinda of site is not everybodys taste, but I took prems post of Attendances and wrote a post to it and what it meant (after updating A-League figures) (PS Prim you got the NRL figures wrong, according to some posters).

There are about 26 replies of which about 6 are mine.

This site is the new type of sports reporting, most posts are well written and considered. This particular site a few months back was the domain of rugby union people going on about rugby. Slowly people from other codes are joining in.

I have read reports that these new sports sites will be the way of the future and  essentially this is one of the new sports sites maybe it will grow but this is the way of the future media. The advantage football is said to have over other codes is we are more net savvy, further income from the net will be the main driver of funding of sports in a few years. So this is chance for football supporters to create stories and create our own media. 

I invite anyone to read and comment on my article and if you do remember to click the button at the end of my table and comment if you wish.

Just a final warning this is not like a football forum and I think could appeal to posters who post fairly long and researched articles. My guess is bear will hate it and soccersensei may like it, will take a bit to read.

Comment if you read some of the articles on what you think. (PS I already know the web page is a bit crap whoever is behind this is trying to build it better)

Link to my post

http://www.theroar.com.au/2008/01/25/football-codes-crowd-attendance-afl-leads-the-way/

Link to a very interesting post on football free to air.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2008/01/21/football-on-free-to-air-television-never-ever/

Also if you click on the football link there are some Mariners stories people have posted

C

curious

The A-League is booming, even if its only on Fox Sport. Australias favourite national team, the Socceroos, are about to start their World Cup Qualification campaign, a campaign which can only be seen on Fox. Of course for the game to grow we need free-to-air coverage, but I for one hope we never get it. Ever!
So if a successful A-League means football coverage moves to Free-To-Air, lets hope we dont grow any further!
You called this a great post Mid? The thread would be better named "lets cut off our nose to spit our face".

That site is still about a peeing contest with little sensible comment on the thread subject without being lost in the "us against them" self desruct mode best left for schoolyards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred