• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matt Simon, Socceroo!!

scottmac

Suspended
Matt Simon has been included in the Socceroo squad for Iraq game!!! :vhappy:
This is going to provide him with a whole new world of experience.
Should give him a great boost for the new season. :thumbup:

FFC Mariner

FMD!!!

Fantastic for the bloke but what do they all see that I dont??

Hope Lawrie/GA and PIM prove me wrong but is he that good???

Mind you, having seen sackwhackers disgraceful performance in the Green and Gold, he couldnt do any worse could he??

scottmac

Suspended
Its not that he is that good, its that there is potential, pace, height & enthusiasm.
Laurie, GA & Pim know that if he gets more skill (reason for exposure to senior squad?) then anything could happen.

Alicia

scottmac said:
Matt Simon has been included in the Socceroo squad for Iraq game!!! :vhappy:
This is going to provide him with a whole new world of experience.
Should give him a great boost for the new season. :thumbup:

Where did you see that?

Paolo

it is an extended 34 man squad though, he has exactly zero chance of being in the matchday squad

brett

He just scored, what, 5 goals in as many games for the Olyroos?

Pim wants to get the next gen players involved NOW and you can't do much more than that to impress.

scottmac

Suspended
keensy said:
it is an extended 34 man squad though, he has exactly zero chance of being in the matchday squad

Everyone knows he wont be in the squad, but imagine seeing him training next to Bresc and grella etc. Good for us and great for him.

kevrenor

BRISBANE - 26 May 2008

Qantas Socceroos coach, Pim Verbeek, has added a 35th player to the mix
for the World Cup qualifier against Iraq to be played in Brisbane this
Sunday at Suncorp Stadium, presented by FOXTEL.

Matt Simon (Central Coast) is returning from Kuala Lumpur today to join
the team in Brisbane, after participating in the Qantas Under 23 squad
which came second in the Intercontinental Cup.

"I've asked Matt to join the squad because of his great performances in
Kuala Lumpur," said Verbeek.

"He was the leading goalscorer in the tournament, and he deserves the
opportunity to step up a gear to the senior team."

Verbeek will name the players to travel to the Middle East for the
return leg against Iraq in Dubai (7 June) and against Qatar in Doha (14
June) after Sunday's match.

Mariner Girl

I only hope it's not too much too soon.

Playing a major part with the Olys will be a huge boost to his confidence for V4,which is what we really want at this stage of his career. :headbounce:
but good on him just the same, only gently does it....

midfielder

From all reports he just had a massive tour ............. maybe the monkey is off his back. Just hope he scores early in the season ........... then who knows ................ leading goal scorer for the year.

A hat trick against the scum would be a good start.

Well done Matty

Ted

Confidence in your own ability makes a hell of a difference. Not just in soccer/football either, but with everything we do in life....

Sacko

Isn't the game against Iraq on Sunday off? - Or was that just saber rattling by FIFA?

I can't see it myself, but good luck to Matty. I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong if he is the golden boot at the end of v4 and we've won the big one! 

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred