• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Marketing Ideas to Help the Club

style_cafe

Nar .... actually was the highest level I ever played.... NR had a Federation side or two actually Div 1 & 2... for those that don't know this was state based competition... anyWho NR approached as a team who played for Silverwater to come over as a team and we played All age Div 2.... and I played as an injury replacement in the Federation side four games but as a right back and two as a right mid...

Come to think of it I played in a higher team once in the world masters for Uni of NSW Div 1, and was the only person the the squad who did not play at a professional level and the side had two US internationals and a guy who play for West Ham FC ... always the worst player in the best team...
The old Federation divisions were all bloody tough back then Middy.
I played for Green Valley United and remember playing Epping YMCA, I think I also played against North Rocks one season too... :popcorn:

midfielder

And there i was thinking playing with Nork rocks was the booby prize!
No just the opposite they even got us a coach and we trained the same nights as the federation teams and often had mixed make up games to finish training.

I had three skills first speed to burn, second had and understanding of shape, finally I never shut up always talking and directing....

Touch was woeful, passing not much better.

Corsair

I had three skills first speed to burn, second had an understanding of shape, finally I never shut up always talking and directing....
All critical skills when dealing with Norks :p I'm teasing cos your typo made me laugh ;)

In case you're not familiar:

Allreet?

I think you give the forumite's too much credit here. Suspect most of the competitors (fastest, most accurate, technical skills etc..) would be playing in BPL.
I went 15 years without missing a penalty in every grade from AA2 to 45Bs. Probably took 80 - 90 in that time. I was a teensy bit famous for it, at least in retrospect, as a number of people said afterwards: "I hear you finally missed!"

Absolutely did my head in at the time - couldn't sleep for about four nights - but the very next week I hit a last second dead ball from 30 metres into the top corner to win the game and make the semis.

The cosmos took pity on me.

Allreet?

But having said all that - BPL and 2nd div players v an academy keeper is the way to go.

You could stretch it over the whole season with say three team reps per week taking pens until only one survives. Winner goes to a semi and then a final on the last home match of the season.

Definitely an extra frill that would drag along supporters from those clubs.

Reactions: Ads

Allreet?

What about a Dad V kids ... say U 16's V their Dads ... we did it from U 14 thu to U 16 and had a picnic after... say pre game 10 mins each way .... and Mums V Kids as well...
Why not? You'd rotate it through all the clubs and leave it up to them (in consultation with CCM) to pick who was playing. Maybe 7 mins each way?

midfielder

Why not? You'd rotate it through all the clubs and leave it up to them (in consultation with CCM) to pick who was playing. Maybe 7 mins each way?
7 a side, play two games on half a field, across the field sideline to sideline...

Also its the 15 YO's who we want to attract as they will soon start coming by themselves...

midfielder

Just sharing and marketing folk if you read this could be interesting.

In my office I have a signed Mariners ball on display....

Client came in today and said are you a Mariners fan and from this a conversation took place.

The client has renewed his membership after a few years away.... the key reason he feels the league as a whole is better this year and less negativity on the Coast and less negativity as a whole about the league....

He said he hoped more people would come and he is starting to take more interest in the Mariners .... in part locally because he has seen interviews with Monty and he like Monty's attitude...

Corsair

Client came in today and said are you a Mariners fan and from this a conversation took place.

The client has renewed his membership after a few years away.... the key reason he feels the league as a whole is better this year and less negativity on the Coast and less negativity as a whole about the league....

He said he hoped more people would come and he is starting to take more interest in the Mariners .... in part locally because he has seen interviews with Monty and he like Monty's attitude...
There's a clear message here... we should all be given a signed ball ?

In all seriousness, that's great intel. It's been a long time since we've had a coach that's liked. People also need to be made aware that the way we get the ownership changed is by making the next 3 seasons well supported.

Wombat

No just the opposite they even got us a coach and we trained the same nights as the federation teams and often had mixed make up games to finish training.

I had three skills first speed to burn, second had and understanding of shape, finally I never shut up always talking and directing....

Touch was woeful, passing not much better.
Are you Eddie Bosnar?

Wombat

Great message from a great fan.

If every one of us can do our bit to spread the word it wont be long before the Mariners are no longer a whispered joke.....but we will be a Friday and Sat "cool" destination like in the early years.

Middy and I have always been brazen in our support of Football.......its almost like the old ad campaign......If you don't like Football...then there is something wrong with you! (Possibly it was Lamb or Chicken)

Be proud peeps. I was washing the front of the new EAST GOSFORD THAI MASSAGE last week and all these old ducks and old buggers were asking..."ohh I wonder whats going in here?....coz i'm dressed like a gronk in painting gear they think im a tradie. I tell them.....oh thats lovely!.....probably no idea what i just said but its ..."oh thats nice".

Next one was a local gronk with a gold tooth an neck tatts as i'm up a ladder. He starts telling me about Roosters and i'm with him...for sure they are gonna beat Souths.
Then he said something about AFL and i pulled him up sharp. "Mate i dont follow anything about AFL....so dont talk to me about it. Just talk to me about Football (Mariners) or NRL, I dont want to hear any of that AFL shit ok bro!
He looked a bit taken aback.....so I said ...."are you from Melbourne originally"...no i just got interested when Tony Lockett played for the Swans. I wasn't rude but i wasn't polite when he told me that but now i wont hear any fake AFL bullshit and thats a relief.

midfielder

Great message from a great fan.

If every one of us can do our bit to spread the word it wont be long before the Mariners are no longer a whispered joke.....but we will be a Friday and Sat "cool" destination like in the early years.

Middy and I have always been brazen in our support of Football.......its almost like the old ad campaign......If you don't like Football...then there is something wrong with you! (Possibly it was Lamb or Chicken)

Be proud peeps. I was washing the front of the new EAST GOSFORD THAI MASSAGE last week and all these old ducks and old buggers were asking..."ohh I wonder whats going in here?....coz i'm dressed like a gronk in painting gear they think im a tradie. I tell them.....oh thats lovely!.....probably no idea what i just said but its ..."oh thats nice".

Next one was a local gronk with a gold tooth an neck tatts as i'm up a ladder. He starts telling me about Roosters and i'm with him...for sure they are gonna beat Souths.
Then he said something about AFL and i pulled him up sharp. "Mate i dont follow anything about AFL....so dont talk to me about it. Just talk to me about Football (Mariners) or NRL, I dont want to hear any of that AFL shit ok bro!
He looked a bit taken aback.....so I said ...."are you from Melbourne originally"...no i just got interested when Tony Lockett played for the Swans. I wasn't rude but i wasn't polite when he told me that but now i wont hear any fake AFL bullshit and thats a relief.
Just on AFL fans... this happened around 2012 to 2014.... Twas at an exciting 4 day accounting thing with heaps of speakers the kind of thing where you choose what you wanta go to... and they give you morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.... CPA's are big on this kinda stuff and you need to attend for your PD...

AnyWho a group of 6 guys have flown up from Melbourne and brought their wife's and making a it a week's holiday..... it was mid August but all teams had made changes to their squads....

This happened over lunch one day, myself, three SFC fans and a WSW fan where talking about the upcoming season .... the AFL guys in various sections had used terms like hand it along or punch it through.... they became interested that we were talking about the A-L.... they then proceeded to tell the room why AFL was the greatest game ever invented and how crap all other sports were especially Football or Soccer as they kept referring to it....

It must be also understood at least half the room did not give a flying F about sport at all, and with NRL and Unions folk there as well as us it was surreal listening to these guys wax on ... finally a union fan said if your game is so good how come it has not gone past the southern states.... but it made little difference they kept it up for two days...

Allreet?

I used to be completely indifferent to AFL but now I loathe it with a passion.

The reason for my change was some years ago when my publisher told me an incredible story....

He'd published my book (Mr Cleansheets) but he'd also published a couple of AFL books, so was invited to a secret meeting at Crown in Melbourne. The meeting was run by Eddie Maguire and Andrew Demetriou - they had invited a hundred people they believed to be AFL influencers (little knowing they had a football man in their midst - Sunderland, South Melb and Melb City fan). Eddie M was haranguing the crowd and telling them they must do everything... everything they can to prevent Australia from getting the World Cup. Maguire said: "If Australia gets the World Cup, then our game is dead!"

Obviously, that was bollocks, but football would certainly have won a massive free kick if we'd been anticipating the WC in Oz for the last 12 years. And the AFL absolutely went out of their way to play hardball with the FIFA technical committee - to the extent we got a bit of a black mark from them over the issue of relations with other sports and ground availability. Mind you, the technical committee said Qatar ought to be disqualified so clearly dodgy money talks louder than rules.

So that's why I now utterly detest the AFL and their idiotic game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami