• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Vs Nix

Marquee

Greenpoleffc said:
Danny
Boogs (or Viddie),Wilko, Clarky
Jedi
Tommy Gumps Owens
Kwas JA Simon

Totally agree with having Kwas in a 3 up front.
Last game Sasho showed that he does not deserve to be starting with the effort he put in.
Kwas has shown he can score goals and i think he is returning to form, his controlling from switches from ceccoli were superb

Danny
Wilko, boogs, ceccoli
Jedi
Owens Hutch Tommy
Simon JA Kwas

krusty

I like that team but i would play a 442 with simon in midfield he is quick enough and fit enough to help in attack and defence. with JA holding the ball up it gives time for Simon to run through.I like Sasho but he can be lazy starting him on the bench might wake him up.What ever team goes on will do the job we will win other results will go our way lets think positive.GO YOU YELLOW

Jocwa08

Danny

Boogs/clark  Wilko  Ceccoli

Jedi  Hutcho

Owens/Gumps          Tommy

Kwas        JA      Simon

Bench : Trott, Gumps/Owens, Clark/Boogs, Sasho

I think which ever side goes out there they will go awesome.
Our defence scares me Ceccoli was very good getting forward
against scum, wilko was fairly solid but apart from that we are
slow and not determined enough, we stay off them too much.
Be more aggressive, and aim away from the goalkeeper strikers!
Every shot except a couple last week were average straight to
the keeper with no power, we need to get behind kwas this
week he scored last week and is finding form we need to boost
he's confidence with every good thing he does.

Tez

-------------Danny-----------

-----Boogs---Wilko---Ceccoli---

----------Jedi---Hutcho--------

---Kwas---Tommy---Owens----

----------JA----Simon---------

Bench : Trott, Gumps, Clark, Sasho

totally agree that the sash / JA combination isnt working, their style is too similar
and Matty / JA are a good combination we've seen this before..
whole team needs to lift for this one - 3 home losses in a row, time to change things up  :pirate:

jaypee

sorry but I say no Hutch and no Boogs.

Put it this way we can not afford for either of them to miss semi final action - and hutch would miss 2 games.

S

soccersensei

I think your 3-4-3 call is exactly what's required Greenpole.  :thumbup:
Sasho and Johnny are being owned, and if there's a game to experiment with it's certainly this one. I feel worse case is not really that we try something and it doesn't work... I think the real worse case would be to keep things the same and play pretty much the same again, as it would risk fermenting in the hearts of the boys that they just cant do it or that complete bullshit choker nonsense.
However, BEST CASE is we find a new inspired energy, finally open Lawrie's heart to the possibility of a different formation and give ourselves a broader tactical range as we move into the semi's 
:vhappy:

cruiser

Simon surely has to break his goal drought in this game! Better than that, make it a hat trick!! Given that final placings in the top 4 are going to be decided by goal difference, I think we will definately start with 3-4-3. Hopefully the sheep bangers wont know what's hit em as we smash their defence.

northernspirit

i wonder if we could gather enough money between all of us to bribe the 'nux into losing the game 8-0 lol

on a serious note, Lawrie needs to freshen things up, give Matty a start, put on Gumps as he can create and drop O'Grady, leaving 3-4-3... we need goals goals goals

Deej

we need a win..........if not for the minor premiership to regain some confidence.

Personally I think the boys should approach this game with no pressure, go out there, enjoy the game and do what you do best!

I wouldn't change the formation at all, the boys looked lost at 3-4-3 on Saturday, if anything I would have more attacking options on the bench just in case. 4-4-2 has worked for the best part of year why go something completely different?

---------------Danny
Clark------Wilko-----Boogs/Vidmar-----Ceccoli
Owens/Gumps--Mile---Tommy--------Kwas/Hutch
------------Simon----Aloisi

Bench - Vid/Boog, Hutch/Kwas, Petrovski and Trott

I can't see Hutch being dropped regardless of his yellow card situation, Boogs perhaps? If Hutch gets a yellow he misses 2 games, if he gets a second which results in a red he misses 1........so if he does get booked I know I'll be hoping for some late tackles from him in the final few mins! As crazy as it is that's the rules!

I'd also start Simon as Sash was poor on the weekend, we also can't afford to lose a striker for 2 finals games!

I'd take 1-0, would love a bigger win......but we just need some confidence back!

mustapha_beer

Omni said:
I'm already nervous about this one.

I'm sorry to say it, but I'm really not as wild on Matty Simon as everyone else is, he's been just as guilty as Saso of missing chances, that one against Melbourne was pretty shocking. Of course locals are immune from crticism (well young locals)

You're not alone there. The guy can't be faulted for effort and commitment, but he's had more than one very good chance, and not put any away (his disallowed header apart). There's plenty of promise, but the longer it goes on without being realised, the more he reminds me of another striker.....

S

striker

DJ said:
we need a win.........
I'd also start Simon as Sash was poor on the weekend,

I agree on 2 counts......

Also why not try a more defensive formation like 4:2:3:1 .....

---------------Danny

------------Gumps--Mile---

---Simon------ Tommy--------Hutch

----------------Aloisi

mustapha_beer

striker #9 said:
DJ said:
we need a win.........

Also why not try a more defensive formation

From what I've seen of him, Petrovski is more of a goalmouth poacher than a target man. He's not as good at holding the ball up as JA or even Simon, but given the opportunity, he's as likely as or even more likely than anyone else in the team to score.....problem is in between goals he can be a bit of a passenger.

adz

Staff member
mustapha_beer said:
....problem is in between goals he can be a bit of a passenger.

yep and I think it was uptheguts that said to me if he stood there any longer he could have his portrait done...

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
It might be just me ...but i cant see as much in Matty Simon as everyone else...has he scored anytime he has been on the park...if he has I cant remember when....just for a bit of originality stick kwasi up front again.....but whatever the guv go with....
C'MON BOYS FIRE UP FARKIN!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :vhappy: :thumbup: :vhappy: :piralaugh:

S

striker

adz said:
mustapha_beer said:

yep and I think it was uptheguts that said to me if he stood there any longer he could have his portrait done...

exactly... or we could put a mirror behind the goal so he can look at his own reflection.... imo he's a bit of a narcisit

priorpeter

striker #9 said:
DJ said:
we need a win.........

---------------Danny

------------Gumps--Mile---

---Simon------ Tommy--------Hutch

----------------Aloisi

we need goals though.. although its not such a bad idea, but imo if we did something like that i'd just be worried about JA being isolated up there.. not that he doesnt have good support behind him... stuff it, lets just throw everyone up front!!

dibo

striker #9 said:
adz said:
mustapha_beer said:

exactly... or we could put a mirror behind the goal so he can look at his own reflection.... imo he's a bit of a narcisit

based on...

serious14

striker #9 said:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

No.

If we're serious about this Premiership caper, then we need to attack, all out, for 90 minutes.  No less.  We need to win, and quite frankly, we need to win big.  A lone striker won't really help perpetrate such a thing.

4-2-4, or 4-2-2-2, with the 2 behind the strikers acting as wingers (so really, a stripped back 4-2-4).  We're in the finals no matter what, so why don't we just go for it??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred