• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V Roar

turbo

Nasty thing to do. Stupid and there’s no defending the rake. But it was never going to cause serious injury from that angle
That’s the issue I have with the suspension. Might leave a gash but it was never going to be a leg breaker at that angle and force. Dumb and deserved a red but the mandatory 1 match would probably be sufficient. 2 at most.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Now I hate Fielding as much as the next CCM fan but he had nothing to do with this latest clusterf*ck as far as I am aware. :oops:

Honestly, officiating is the key issue letting the A League down at the moment and so the improvement of it needs to be a huge focus going forward.
Fielding is just as responsible as Ams is for incorrectly overturning that penalty.

Fielding sees what Ams sees.

On that note - going back to Urena's RC. This is something I've commented on before - if we were viewing the same footage the ref viewed, then as Fielding ran up, it was a freeze frame on the point of contact.

As we all know, stills make things look worse - and anybody even vaguely familiar with the psychological concept of 'priming' knows that this will influence the decision.

I'm not disputing the red - but it's a bad practice that is more problematic is other cases.

turbo

if we were viewing the same footage the ref viewed, then as Fielding ran up, it was a freeze frame on the point of contact.
In real time from the angle we saw first I didn’t realise he hit so far up the leg, I thought he came down on the foot which is usually a yellow at most. It wasn’t until we got the chance to see the replay or the scratch in the aftermarth that it became clearer what happened as shown on that frame.

Tim

Harsh to criticise him for this - he’s just been done 4-0, no journos are stumping up for a question so he thinks it’s done, thanks them and stands up to leave. It’s also a virtual conference, not face to face, so he can’t see if anyone’s got their hand up for a question. Is the sigh at the media manager calling him back for the additional questions, or is it at himself, thinking he could leave after 3 mins of a presser? Who’s to know - but having spoken to Staj a number of times in the past he’s always been happy to answer questions. And yknow what, regardless who could blame him for being a bit tetchy after a 4-zip loss at home.
You raise some good points, Priorpeter, perhaps I was the frustrated one and should have kept my mouth shut. As I said to one of my boys after the Roar game, would we have been happy last year to be 31 points and he agrees it’s been a massive turnaround and we have Staj to thank for that (and others). I will think before I type next time...:)

priorpeter

You raise some good points, Priorpeter, perhaps I was the frustrated one and should have kept my mouth shut. As I said to one of my boys after the Roar game, would we have been happy last year to be 31 points and he agrees it’s been a massive turnaround and we have Staj to thank for that (and others). I will think before I type next time...:)

Nah don’t sweat it pal, just offering an alternate view!

Reactions: Tim

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami