• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V Poachers FC

Tevor

Some drive bye fan on Instagram tried to explain they are paying players less that is how they are doing it. I reminded him of poaching Troisi, Ibini and Gordon who I’m sure are not paid peanuts. Silence. Lederer is starting to run the league, is in the thick of it with the IAL and also bailing out the Scum. Seems they are getting away with anything. There is no way that team fits under this years cap.

FFC Mariner

Dukey is on loan so I expect his parent club will be tipping in a fair bit of his wages. Having said that, the sooner they dump the cap the better (as long as transfer fees come in at the same time)

turbo

Dukey is on loan so I expect his parent club will be tipping in a fair bit of his wages. Having said that, the sooner they dump the cap the better (as long as transfer fees come in at the same time)
That doesn’t matter for loans as far as the cap is concerned afaik. Hard to find anything set in stone but looks like it was tightened up around 2015. But as others have said who is going to investigate the chairman (or whatever Lederer is) of the independent league

scottmac

Suspended
A quick scout around the league and we'll quickly see who the beneficiaries of such a transfer rule will benefit. Would mean we get better young talent for a shorter time however may enable the signing of legitimate foreigners. OTOH it may result in the stacking of squads (who can afford it) of said young talent, without a cap, to stop fees having to be paid at all. I can see both the for and against of such a rule. I think it would need to be a heavily regulated law here in Aus

FFC Mariner

Football is pure unadulterated capitalism and when transfer fees come in, CCM will become a "feeder" club to those with money.
Sad fact is that we already are, we just don't get paid for it.
There is nothing wrong with that model, you just have to be very good at youth development and recruitment.

turbo

OTOH it may result in the stacking of squads (who can afford it) of said young talent, without a cap, to stop fees having to be paid at all
That young talent needs to make a decision if they want to be 3rd or 4th in line at a top club or getting regular minutes off the bench at a less successful club. There will always be someone ambitious enough to take the opportunity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami