• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v Jets

booney

Clisby after a shaky start against Ibini and Millar stood up well and made some crucial tackles and interceptions.Urgakovic is a c... and Dimi Petratos is a shadow of the player he was two seasons ago

turbo

We desperately need a proper 10 / AM linking the attack. We had maybe 1 or 2 good final passes Kuol or SS could do anything with? Was surprised to see no Matty as we lacked a fire he could have delivered but it’s hard to keep up with news at the ground.

turbo

I find it telling that only a small number of players made their way around post game tonight. Says a lot about attitude and mood.

Tim

I find it telling that only a small number of players made their way around post game tonight. Says a lot about attitude and mood.
After the game against Perth only Ziggy came over to the crowd so an improvement but all of them should come over and say thanks in my view. No fans, no club....

Wombat

My "highlight" was Melling having a strop when he was dragged.
At lease we didint lose 12 on the spin

My highlight was you guys booing Melling off and cheering Nizzy on. Cruel but funny.

Also as we left PP (announcer now) was crapping on about leaving in bay by bay order (as everyone all left together) and someone yelled out "how about you get f**ked".....cracked me up as the comic timing was perfect.

Last edited:

Wombat

Hopefully that is the last we see of Melling.
No matter how keen, committed or tough he is, he is simply no where near good enough.
Too many players who are unable to pass a football, too many players unable to control or keep a football.
Nowhere near professional standard at any level.

Is no one keeping stats on individuals?
Someone in the Club needs to watch the movie "Moneyball" and then recruit.

Jeez Ancient. On that who do we keep.

Birraz
The Jock (his passing was criminal but his tackling/defending was sensational)
Fox
Rowles ??
Nizzy
Kuol (as a squaddie)?

and a decent cameo by Diaz.

style_cafe

Nizzy was the spark that woke us up.
His quick ,crisp passing really stood out and his tenacity saved us when Petratos had the shot.
Fox also had a decent game as did Rolwes and Ziggy.
What`s happened to Lewis Miller?
He started most games pre- CV but hasn`t been seen.
Ps .The commentary was abysmal,those blokes wouldn`t be entertaining in a pub at midnight...:popcorn:

Ozhammer

As ordinary as we undoubtedly were, playing 4-2-2-2 is not helping one iota. It keeps us too narrow and allows our opponents to play down the flanks at will. Our players are neither mobile or technical enough to execute that formation and if the Jest hadn’t still had the Sydney game still in their legs, they would likely have put us to the sword.

Goodness only knows how we will fare against WSW on Monday off a three day turnaround.

Ancient Mariner

As ordinary as we undoubtedly were, playing 4-2-2-2 is not helping one iota. It keeps us too narrow and allows our opponents to play down the flanks at will. Our players are neither mobile or technical enough to execute that formation and if the Jest hadn’t still had the Sydney game still in their legs, they would likely have put us to the sword.

Goodness only knows how we will fare against WSW on Monday off a three day turnaround.
When Nizzy replaced Melling, Stensness switched to the left where Melling had been ineffectual. This closed down Millar and Bernie pretty well.
I think the problem that you have correctly identified is that a lot of our players do not have the mobility nor the wit to play this formation. It was very clear for the first 30 minutes.
We need more players like Nizzy who appears to be one of the few to have a football brain and be able to position himself well in both attack and defence as well as having some ball skills. Is he the only one in the team who is able to take the ball forward, identify a player in an open position and then complete a good pass?
You cannot win games if you give the ball away repeatedly.

Ancient Mariner

Jeez Ancient. On that who do we keep.

Birraz
The Jock (his passing was criminal but his tackling/defending was sensational)
Fox
Rowles ??
Nizzy
Kuol (as a squaddie)?

and a decent cameo by Diaz.
Those names are pretty spot on to who I was thinking.
Birraz-definitely
Ziggy-would be a squaddie in another club but fills a difficult position adequately.
Fox and Rowles are definite keepers but I would like to see only one of them on the pitch at a time with an older, quality centre half like Patrick S.
Nizzy-Is the only one in the team who looks like a competent footballer. I feel he has the makings of a good play making AM, but suspect his shooting ability may hold him back. Definitely a good go forward DM.
Kuol-Definitely for the future.
Diaz-As above.
Possibles:
I am not sure but have a suspicion that Jair could surprise us given the right players around him. I suspect if he had the same chances as Muzz he would have made more of them.
Silverra, needs to spend the off season in the gym and must develop some muscle and a lot more aggro and toughness. If he does he may be useful.
WTF:
DDS seems to be a case of arrested development. Had a ton of potential but after many years nothing much has come of it. Something has gone seriously wrong there.

Forget the rest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami