• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v fibro sister loving scum troglodytes

Ozhammer

In a weird kinda way Ollie choosing his path has led to others getting their chance and used to playing together.... our midfield today with near the same players from the start of the season his highly improved, growing in confidence, and not the walk thu midfield it was that sprayed passes everywhere...
THIS

More often than not we were way too Ollie-centric in our play, particularly when trying to attack opponents. Players would often find themselves in good positions and instead of utilising that, would typically turn the ball back towards Ollie, which more often than not killed the opportunity. We now look to attack from numerous positions, which has in turn improved our scoring opportunities and win ratio.

FFC Mariner

true believer

This covid shit has been knocking us around......too many family got it, then us, and then more family and friends....... too scared to mix with people because we dont want to infect anyone.

Watched the game on TV and the atmosphere was excellent and as usual we owned the Scumdome.

Never had a dull game in that cesspit but that looked choice on TV.
keep safe .don't do to much ,to soon.

style_cafe

Bala
In a weird kinda way Ollie choosing his path has led to others getting their chance and used to playing together.... our midfield today with near the same players from the start of the season his highly improved, growing in confidence, and not the walk thu midfield it was that sprayed passes everywhere...
Balard Nizzy and Nkololo have improved so much Smith was also very good Steele is getting better each game too. Muller is hot and cold snd not as mobile, but still influences the younger players … :popcorn:

priorpeter

His name's Michael.
He's been in the bay on and off since the GF season from memory.

He did a great job getting the top half of the supporters involved so full credit to him for that.

I'm glad you all appreciated him, however, I didn't appreciate the way he carelessly barged me over a number of times. I was happier when he moved as it was getting a bit dangerous.
Also, wearing a personalised EPL jersey at an A-League game…:doh::naughty:

Rising Sun

I’ve said when I thought Max was still playing under par for a starting spot at this level. But I thought he had a very good game last night after the first 20. That said, it’s hard to argue that we miss the physicality that is more typical playing with two DM’s and Papas extra man in the mids pressuring hard almost undid us in the first 20.

Im actually with FFC on Papas. He took a leaf out of Talays game plans and we looked unable to get any midfield control early. Had Birra been off his game or either nix or scum more clinical - both games could have played out very differently.

But fortunately just like the Nix, hard to keep that pressing intensity up forever and once we weather the storm and you give us space we can nick a goal and really ruin the plan. Wet ball also helped their press, made first touches that harder to keep close.

So I still worry a bit though about us being run over the top of in the finals when teams like City and MV employ the same kind of midfield aggression and press but are much more lethal upfront.

But let’s get there first.
I actually thought Newcastle gave us a fair test in that first 20 to 30 and we came out well. Maybe they are not at the City / MV level but they have some quality up front and they had a lot of good movement and passing, but we kept our shape, defended very well and the only real chance I can recall for all the sustained territorial superiority was the Mickaltadze header.

I think one of the main reasons that we were under the pump for so long was because when we did get a chance to put a foot on the ball, we immediately looked to go direct to the forwards (as a tactical decision not out of panic) and they in turn looked to attack straight away rather than hold the ball and wait for the mids to push up. The outcome was that we often turned it over quickly and the ball came straight back.

Wasn't sure whether it was the right tactic with all the mids pushed back so deep, isolating the 2 strikers vs 3 centre backs, but that's exactly how we got the Moresche goal.

You are right, MV and/or City will be a tougher challenge, but we are a team that is improving week-on-week both as individuals and even more so as a unit and I am really looking forward to see how we measure up now against the benchmark teams.

Tevor

I actually thought Newcastle gave us a fair test in that first 20 to 30 and we came out well. Maybe they are not at the City / MV level but they have some quality up front and they had a lot of good movement and passing, but we kept our shape, defended very well and the only real chance I can recall for all the sustained territorial superiority was the Mickaltadze header.

I think one of the main reasons that we were under the pump for so long was because when we did get a chance to put a foot on the ball, we immediately looked to go direct to the forwards (as a tactical decision not out of panic) and they in turn looked to attack straight away rather than hold the ball and wait for the mids to push up. The outcome was that we often turned it over quickly and the ball came straight back.

Wasn't sure whether it was the right tactic with all the mids pushed back so deep, isolating the 2 strikers vs 3 centre backs, but that's exactly how we got the Moresche goal.

You are right, MV and/or City will be a tougher challenge, but we are a team that is improving week-on-week both as individuals and even more so as a unit and I am really looking forward to see how we measure up now against the benchmark teams.
To me City is the team to beat, I’ve watched MV’s last few games and they definitely are not a team to be seriously worried about IMO. City on the other hand should win both after we screw up the nomads on Saturday afternoon. Roar could have given MV a hiding if they could shoot, apparently their season conversion rate is 10% but no surprise when you look at all the young blokes in the front third.

turbo

To me City is the team to beat, I’ve watched MV’s last few games and they definitely are not a team to be seriously worried about IMO. City on the other hand should win both after we screw up the nomads on Saturday afternoon. Roar could have given MV a hiding if they could shoot, apparently their season conversion rate is 10% but no surprise when you look at all the young blokes in the front third.
Victory have been getting results but playing really inconsistently. You just don’t know which side is going to show up - FFA cup victory or the half arsed low energy victory like we saw today. Unfortunately when we’ve played them they’ve been up for it, then usually played like shit next game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami