• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v fibro dwelling, coal dust sniffing, mouth breathers

AuzDutchy

With Faz & Hall potentially out;

do we put hatch at LB?
Roux?
Bring an academy player up?
Start Steele LB?

Hall is a little bit easier with Tongyik back in training and Windust already having been in the squad

Insertnamehere

do we put hatch at LB?
Roux?
Start Steele LB?

Hall is a little bit easier with Tongyik back in training and Windust already having been in the squad
Hatch to me is a liability with defensive responsibility. Hes much more a winger, inside forward.
Roux might have to be the stop gap for a half and see what happens then someone less competent in the 2nd.

pjennings

It is a conundrum. Ruon surely can't be match fit so is unlikely to last a full game.

Do you try Ruon, Windust in the centre with Kye out wide? Personally not keen to move Kye wide and weaken the middle.

If there is any doubt on Dan I would like to give him time to recover. Then a middle two of Kye and Ruon/Windust and let Storm start at LB.

If Dan is ok then I'm pretty sure that he could handle LB with Ruon/Windust covering in the middle would be another option

midfielder

What about the old Elton John song ... Benny and the Jets...

Nicki _________________the Jets.... suggestions===beats=== FKS===

Song for those that have never heard of it...

Rising Sun

do we put hatch at LB?
Roux?
Start Steele LB?

Ruon for Dan, and Storm to LB for me. Windust on when Ruon runs out of steam. Even if Dan is back for the finals, we need to get some minutes into Ruon in case we pick up more injuries in the finals.

Does anyone know why Miller came off though? I am sure I saw a slight limp when he walked through shot at the end of game. If he is out then it might have to be Hatchy at LB so Storm can move back across or else throw Kucevski from the NPL into RB

Corsair

They will be out for revenge and I think it could get very physical as they have nothing to play for and the Penha stuff is hanging over the game.

Do we rest a few players or do we keep it going and hope our guys don’t loose their cool or get hurt
Rest everyone and put the D team out. If you can elbow someone in the head with intent and only get 2 games they'll be out to injure as many of our players as they can with little consequence. More 'drama' just what the ratings need.

Corsair

I think we'll definitely see Ruon and Windust this game. Play Muller the full 90, maybe even Sozer. If Oli will step up its replace Niz with him. Roux at right back, Hatch left back. Blood some academy players. I'd even avoid playing Rowles if possible.

Kilsin

What about the old Elton John song ... Benny and the Jets...

Nicki _________________the Jets.... suggestions===beats=== FKS===

Song for those that have never heard of it...

We were signing this on the bus on the way home from the Scum last week but using Beni as it fits better mate ;)

Rising Sun

Montys used Steele at LB as cover a couple times already
Good point but it's one thing to fill in there for a few mins at the end of the game and another to be the starting LB. I have not seen anything in Steele he would be a good option as a starter.
We have been in this position for a few weeks now of Faz been on the verge of suspension and his logical replacement hopping around in a moon boot, so presumably Monty has tried some options in training matches and that might have included Steele

Tevor

I think we'll definitely see Ruon and Windust this game. Play Muller the full 90, maybe even Sozer. If Oli will step up its replace Niz with him. Roux at right back, Hatch left back. Blood some academy players. I'd even avoid playing Rowles if possible.
I would give up on Oli, off to the drive byes I feel. Seen an article that Rudan is keen to get him on board. Also with the pressers I feel he is the last player Monty will consider.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb