• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v fibro dwelling, coal dust sniffing, mouth breathers

LFCMariners

Seriously why do we have to waste games against this shit? We had a reserve side out and never ever looked in danger.
Remember when Bozza and Slater screamed forus to be kicked out? Not a word about the pile of shit that is Necastle. f**k them both.
We "can" win this
Ken oath.

LFCMariners

- Bay 16 was the most full it has been in ages, even if the normies in the front rows didn’t bother to stand once. And the Eastern/ Western stands- wtf? Of all nights not to enthusiastically respond to ‘Who Do We Sing For?’ Bay 16 was at least as in-song as they were for the game in Newcastle a couple of weeks ago. Just could’ve been something amazing if the other stands got involved as much as they have in more minor games with smaller crowds.

- CCM on top all match virtually, although Jest had a couple unlucky shots that could’ve been goals on another night. Still CCM had more shots on goal squandered and so the law of averages came into effect even if the midfield battle was clearly CCM winning it.

- Goal for Cum Dog 1st half, amazing individual shot from outside the box that seemed to go in slow motion as the ball looped into the net.

- The one for Kuol second half was notably technical in contact. He narrowly won a game of chicken with their keeper to take the ball off him then shoot it mid-paced into the back of the net.

- Pleasing to see most of the Northern Concourse stayed back for the players after the fireworks display had ended.

- A great end to the regular season with a reasonably comfortable 2-0 win and the announcement of the ownership change with good things being said about future sustainability and youth development. Feels as if we could be headed back to the good old days of 2005-14 or maybe then some?

Jimmy

I've never been so disappointed with the West and East responses for "Who do we sing for?"

We've heard four times as loud from half the people.
Was it that people didn't know or didn't care?
Bay 16s coordination of the chant still needs some work under the new capo. But I thought we did enough for a decent reply.

Everyone in the bay was a bit shocked at how quiet the response was.

bikinigirl

- Bay 16 was the most full it has been in ages, even if the normies in the front rows didn’t bother to stand once. And the Eastern/ Western stands- wtf? Of all nights not to enthusiastically respond to ‘Who Do We Sing For?’ Bay 16 was at least as in-song as they were for the game in Newcastle a couple of weeks ago. Just could’ve been something amazing if the other stands got involved as much as they have in more minor games with smaller crowds.

. there was a LOT of people there that didn't know what was going on

. some of the conversations i heard around me were pretty funny. for example: the one football fan in a group having to constantly explain why somebody shouldn't shoot ... if they are 40 metres out, on the side line, with essentially two teams of players between them and the goal - a few metres of space is not a reason in itself to shoot under those circumstances

. but on the whole they were 'cheering' and seemed to enjoy themselves, it was quite an absorbing game and there was a fair bit of 'noise' because of that ... which probably distracted people from 'following' the bay

. i only recall one attempt at 'who do we sing for?' and it was essentially over before we could encourage greater participation around us

Ads

This is true.

Most of the casual friends groups that go that I know and those that I hear around me.

Most are using the game as a ‘catch up’ and spend most the time commentating the game between them or talking about work and life and really aren’t paying much attention at all.

bikinigirl

This is true.

Most of the casual friends groups that go that I know and those that I hear around me.

Most are using the game as a ‘catch up’ and spend most the time commentating the game between them or talking about work and life and really aren’t paying much attention at all.

. those around me were definitely following the game ... some just didn't seem to understand it

. but as i said, they seemed to enjoy it, so hopefully they'll be back ... and in time ...

ryan

I went with a group, which i don't normally do, and sat on the western side, which i don't normally do, so by the time i realised i was supposed to responding i only got a couple of bars in before it was over. I think with a crowd like last night where you are getting a lot of free ticket holders there will be large sections unaware of the call and respond chants. With the smaller crowds it is generally us rusted on members and fans who are more enthusiastic.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
To be fair , when I saw that Harry was in the middle , I was..mildly…concerned , happy to be proved wrong , very happy… Cam held his own up the back and as for the regulars, well, they we’re just proper marinated , I’m sure they have already been cudo’ed! So I won’t …and since you can’t put 11 blokes in the 321 , I won’t…upwards and onwards chaps
?????

Corsair

Normally i don't hate on the band, the kids and families love them. Last night they were very annoying for me, drowned out the chants and way too loud only a few rows behind me, ended up with my fingers in my ears.

This probably won't go down well but we couldn't hear the bay or were faint for large parts of the game (doesn't mean you weren't singing). As others have said when you've got people with you that don't know the team or you haven't seen then for a long time you spend a good part of the match explaining and catching up. We had a guy with us that used to come every week and hadn't been for the last 3 seasons.

Who's that number 3 he's awesome? Wow that young kid up front is amazing, what he's got brothers? New owner and we'll be spending more on players, oh great! I did a fair bit of selling, to encourage them to come again ?

It was an edge of the seat game for me. Scum could've had several goals but for Mikeltadze missing an absolute sitter and Birraz making some top class saves. Everyone around me was wondering why Urena was left on so long, he had a dreadful game. Lots of running and effort, definitely willing but terrible decision making and passing. He can have a nasty streak in him if things are not going his way or he feels the need to exact revenge, i thought he was going to get sent off, glad he got pulled just thought it was a bit too late.

Great performance overall, very very good finish from JC. I thought Jok looked very keen and dangerous looking forward to seeing more of him. My friends who don't come to the games anymore were professing how poor our left back was until i explained the situation and their views completely u turned to say what a great job under the circumstances. I thought Roux looked out of his depth at times for a left back but to be thrown into that as cover did a great job. Surprising. He is looking slow though as he gets older.

Another nothing (dis)appearance from Muller.

Ballard and Steele are maturing quickly and both had very good games.

Hope my boy Moresche is ok, it looked nasty. He took a knock and was limping shortly after he came on, hope he didn't play through that and end up making it worse.

Cy had his best game for a long time as well, was a lot more mobile and involved than I've seen him all season. Signs there he's coming good.

We never really looked like losing and that was without Niz monster.

Great season, if only it weren't for the refs cheating we'd have been top 3.

Let's hang on to as much talent as possible.

Finals here we come!

Last edited:

turbo

I went with a group, which i don't normally do, and sat on the western side, which i don't normally do, so by the time i realised i was supposed to responding i only got a couple of bars in before it was over. I think with a crowd like last night where you are getting a lot of free ticket holders there will be large sections unaware of the call and respond chants. With the smaller crowds it is generally us rusted on members and fans who are more enthusiastic.
I do wonder if an announcement pre game to inform them of 1 or 2 simple ones. Doesn’t have to be corny or over the top, just something like ‘we’ve got a great crowd in tonight and we really want to make some noise. When you hear ‘who do we sing for’ call out ‘we sing for yellow’. Megaphone in the bay might help people recognise it

booney

Many of the"new" fans who went last night would have been at NRL games where the most common vocals( apart from the usual expletives) are " get 'em onside ref" or " he's been doing it all game" so chants with call and response calls would have confused them.

Anyway as shipwreck says everyone can support a team in their own way.

Wombat

I've never been so disappointed with the West and East responses for "Who do we sing for?"

We've heard four times as loud from half the people.
Was it that people didn't know or didn't care?
Bay 16s coordination of the chant still needs some work under the new capo. But I thought we did enough for a decent reply.

Everyone in the bay was a bit shocked at how quiet the response was.
Jimmy,
I was up in the boxes and didnt even know you guys were doing call and response. It looked like Bay 16 was just doing another chant.

Forum Phoenix

@ jimmy
I’m in eastern stand. Not dead centre but towards the palm trees. Always respond to who do we sing for. And typically am the first one to get it going in my section. But most times it’s only because I hear the western bay do it first or I manage to catch the waving… (which I think is key) but sometimes I’ve missed both and it’s the more northern stands on our side who make me realise it’s happening, Once you get past halfway. It’s still pretty hard to catch until it actually starts.

But last night, I never heard or saw one. We are almost opposite the away bay which makes them loudest for us - but still think it wasn’t just the scummers across from us because we’ve still heard it in the past when SFC or WSW fans are there in numbers. But the ambient level of noise at the stadium was easily the loudest it’s been in a long time and as I’m sure you know, extra bodies absorb sound, which definitely made the bay harder to hear for our section, even though you could tell the bay itself was actually louder than usual too.

So I think it’s just that and the fact with all the free tickets going to general admission - you’ve basically got a wall of a few thousand new supporters between you and all the reserved seat members who do know the chant and what to do. And of course there’s more comfort level there.

So counter intuitive as it may seem. My thinking is that the call and response has to get waves back from the more distant reserve bays that will then respond and spread back through the closer general admission bays on a day like that.

Holy

It was just great to see a decent size crowd and people buzzing with excitement. Great result from the team, so glad we got the win, hopefully it will bring people back with a few more who are suffering from FOMO today. I must say Gosford was alive last night, businesses must of loved it. We had a couple of beers in the Hawkesbury pop up bar in Kibble Park before grabbing a feed. Enjoyed it immensely.

Though Kye was brilliant again last night, but gave my MOM to Max, thought he was just sensational last night.

Bring on the finals, we can do this

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami