• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners to go into decider INJURY FREE

Timmah

Mariners finally free of injuries
By Philip Henderson
February 17, 2008 HAVING made good use of their much-needed week off, a refreshed Central Coast will begin their A-League grand final preparations in earnest with zero injury concerns.

While their opponents for the decider at the Sydney Football Stadium next week will spend the next few days recovering from the preliminary final, the Mariners will get a jump-start on their rivals by having their full playing squad available at the start of a week for the first time this season.

"Everyone will train fully on Monday," Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna said.

"We've not had that all year, so that will be perfect for us."

Left-back Alvin Ceccoli (bruised toe) and midfielder Tom Pondeljak (inflamed knee) have been cleared to resume training after both sat out last week to recover from injuries sustained early in the major semi-final against Newcastle.

Star striker John Aloisi was also given a free pass last week because of his continuing battle with a knee injury, while defender Nigel Boogaard and midfielder Mile Jedinak were handed only light duties.

"Because the boys put so much into the 120 minutes (of the major semi) we were the walking wounded last Sunday," McKinna said.

"And because we had to use the two subs so early, it just left us with not many options. So having the week off has been great for us.

"Sometimes you want to continue playing, but the week off has certainly helped us."

McKinna said that Ceccoli and Pondeljak would have been doubtful to play in the preliminary final had the minor premiers not overcome a two-goal first-leg deficit and beaten the Jets 3-2 on aggregate in the major semi.

"I would have said that we probably would have been touch and go with Tom and Alvin," McKinna said.

"I think John would have been fit, and the rest of the boys would be fit, but they wouldn't have been able to train much during the week, so they would have been underdone for the game.

"So it's certainly been a welcome break."

McKinna had bad news for Dean Heffernan, however.

Heffernan, who broke a leg against Sydney FC two months ago, had no chance of playing in the grand final, McKinna said.

The defender had been holding out hope last month for a miracle recovery to play in the decider, but he is still at least a few weeks from contemplating a return.

AAP

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23228379-23215,00.html

Andy

F*cking brilliant news!!!!!!

Let's hope the Scum and the Pussycats go out and belt each other tonight!

greenpoint

That's funny - the official A-League site has a news item about how five players are under injury clouds:

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_newsdisplay&id=21472

Mariners battling injuries
Sunday, 17 February 2008

A week out from the Hyundai A-League Grand Final and an injury cloud still hangs over five Central Coast players.

Striker John Aloisi, midfielders Tom Pondeljak and Mile Jedinak and defenders Nigel Boogaard and Alvin Ceccoli are all yet to join in full team training.

Aloisi, Pondeljak and Jedinak are suffering from knee strains, Ceccoli has badly bruised toes and Boogaard is battling a groin strain.

Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna has most concern over Pondeljak but was pleased to see him running for the first time on Saturday since limping off the field in the semi-final win over Newcastle a week earlier.

McKinna remains confident that all five injured players will take their place in the grand final side and expects them all to be able to join in full training on Tuesday.

"Those boys have started doing their own light work but they should be doing full training by Tuesday and that gives us plenty of time to prepare for the grand final," McKinna said.

"The past week has mainly been a recovery week for us after playing most of a 120 minute game with two subs."

Key strike weapon Aloisi spent Saturday's training session receiving treatment on his knee which swelled up after the Newcastle game.

Jedinak injured his knee at training on Wednesday. He limped off the field after making a tackle but was later cleared of any major damage.

Midfielder John Hutchinson also suffered a setback during the week when a he ripped off a toenail in a clash with Brad Porter at training but Hutchinson resumed training on Saturday.

Ceccoli said he was relieved to have been cleared of any serious injury to his toes after being forced off the field against Newcastle when he was brought down in a tackle by the Jets' Jin Hyung-Song.

"My toes went into spasms on the field and from that I thought I must have broken them or tore ligaments," Ceccoli said.

"But they are just badly bruised. I still don't know how I am going to go kicking a ball but I'm not going to any damage to my foot by playing. It might just mean I have to have a needle for the pain."

McKinna and his assistant coaches Ian Ferguson and Alex Tobin will attend the preliminary final between Newcastle and Queensland with McKinna hoping for a Newcastle win.

"We'll get a bigger crowd at the Sydney Football Stadium if Newcastle get through so to make the grand final a better spectacle it would be good to play Newcastle," McKinna said.

Mariners fans rushed to get grand final tickets when they went on sale to members on Thursday. More than 3000 tickets were sold in the first hour. Tickets to the public go on sale on Tuesday at 1pm.

Andy

greenpoint said:
That's funny - the official A-League site has a news item about how five players are under injury clouds:...

That is strange, although the content of both articles are pretty similar. Lawrie says in both that that everyone will be in full training on Monday?Tuesday but the articles have given a different perception on that.

midfielder

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG 888888888888888888888888888 news

Sad about Hutch, but never really expected him back after the choppers got him.

:piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirate: :pirate: :headbounce: :eek:verhead: :piano: :thumbup: :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirate:

langdonis

hopefully there are some injuries in todays game...there has been a bit of rain so let the tackles fly scum vs cats...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred