• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Michael

In this interview he says 2 defenders plus a goalkeeper.

In this one (5:30) he says a contract has been agreed with a visa CB who's "played at a high level", pending the visa being approved. And also another CB that he knows very well, which sounds like someone with Aussie citizenship.

These interviews are what I keep referencing and coming back to.
the Vanuatu CB doesn’t match the “played at a high level” or “waiting for visa clearance and flying over”
But does match the “knows very well” if you consider he was on trial last season too.

so unless the high level visa cb has fallen through, forcing Monty to sign this Vanuatu player as a injury replacement…. Then I guess so be it.

marinermick

These interviews are what I keep referencing and coming back to.
the Vanuatu CB doesn’t match the “played at a high level” or “waiting for visa clearance and flying over”
But does match the “knows very well” if you consider he was on trial last season too.

so unless the high level visa cb has fallen through, forcing Monty to sign this Vanuatu player as a injury replacement…. Then I guess so be it.

I agree. He never played at a high level and is certainly a development/money ball player.

We are still desperately lacking that leadership across our backline.

Michael

I've heard the Vanuatu player is a replacement for Moresche and a non-australian CB coming in
This would make the most sense, no need for anymore attackers (perhaps Katlak will only be here until January when Moresche is expected to be back) and with hally still a concern with his knee there’s more depth alongside this mythical “HQ Visa CB”

But in saying all that, I’d prefer triantis/Windust to get any minutes if hally knee gets dodgy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred