• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Insertnamehere

Wow can’t believe i am disappointed to loose Birraz. I remembered the Newcastle guy who couldn’t stop a 40m bomb that went through his stomach but he has improved alot since then and was an outstanding keeper. Happy to eat my thoughts on him.

Happy wife happy life but he did like it here and with the club wanting a long extension that is great to see the club wanting quality tied up and he was keen too.

The club fighting for a quality player is also a good sign.
Good luck Mark
We do this to keepers. They leave better than they came in.

Insertnamehere

@Shaun Mielekamp is it possible or do we already add payments to the club from transfers to extensions.

I know it’s common to have a sell on clause but what about the opposite if that player stays and becomes successful at the club. Say like a Rogic. We were always hoping for a sell on in their first contracts but could we also ask for compensation if they sign new contracts at the same clubs?

Ww don’t get the best transfer fees and that might be a way of trying to maximise our return if a player is successful at the buying club
Sometimes clubs will add clauses around appearances. So x appearances/starts gets $xx.

booney

Sorry to see Birraz go -he has been great for the club and hopefully his career kicks on at Dundee United. Ollie has been criticised for talking up Birraz to the Scots but good on him for helping a fellow professional and that is a fact of life that these guys are professionals and will eventually move on.The club gets some recompense and another player gets his chance .

scottmac

Suspended
Sorry to see Birraz go -he has been great for the club and hopefully his career kicks on at Dundee United. Ollie has been criticised for talking up Birraz to the Scots but good on him for helping a fellow professional and that is a fact of life that these guys are professionals and will eventually move on.The club gets some recompense and another player gets his chance .
Yeah let's not forget that Birraz was torn between family commitments and us which was the reason for his emotion at the last sit down. Ollie really not the deciding factor, just helping out a mate who wanted the move for family reasons. Can't say he's f**ked us at all in this regard.

VonBowellski

I've got no ill feeling towards Oli for this. Very happy for Birra. Good to know that the personal relationships weren't strained with Oli's fallout with the club otherwise he wouldn't have put in a good word.

Tevor

I've got no ill feeling towards Oli for this. Very happy for Birra. Good to know that the personal relationships weren't strained with Oli's fallout with the club otherwise he wouldn't have put in a good word.
I don’t feel it was a revenge move, Birraz has wanted to go OS for many years and Covid allowed us to have him longer than we would have so good on him and you never know when he comes back to Oz we might be a good chance to get him again and keepers can play close to 40 yrs old.

Good luck to Oli and let’s see how he goes working with Rudan. I feel it will end in tears and Rudan will have enormous pressure on him with the $$$ he has splashed around.

Michael

Good luck to Oli and let’s see how he goes working with Rudan. I feel it will end in tears and Rudan will have enormous pressure on him with the $$$ he has splashed around.

just on this (I know it’s the wrong thread), IMO wanderers are poisoned football club. Could be a few years before they get anywhere again. You simply can’t just keep trying to buy a culture for a football club. They had it, let it die and now just throw recycled players and lots of money at it to revive it. It’s fun to watch.
They might get some okay early results but I fully expect rudan to be gone by the halfway point.

flip side is our wonderful little club that despite being purposely underfunded for almost a decade, now (and for the last few years) literally has a production line of talent ready for the aleague every season but because of the way football is set up in this country we can’t keep a lot of them. You could almost say we have too many quality players coming through.

Corsair

just on this (I know it’s the wrong thread), IMO wanderers are poisoned football club. Could be a few years before they get anywhere again. You simply can’t just keep trying to buy a culture for a football club. They had it, let it die and now just throw recycled players and lots of money at it to revive it. It’s fun to watch.
They might get some okay early results but I fully expect rudan to be gone by the halfway point.

flip side is our wonderful little club that despite being purposely underfunded for almost a decade, now (and for the last few years) literally has a production line of talent ready for the aleague every season but because of the way football is set up in this country we can’t keep a lot of them. You could almost say we have too many quality players coming through.
We have our own taint that I can't put my finger on, have wondered about it for years but am not close enough to the back room to know. Players I really didn't expect to leave do so at the first opportunity. Maybe it's low money or poor facilities... always wondered if there is some pervasive influence of some sort that drives it. Maybe it's just the nature of a low budget club... hopefully with Peil on board it'll change.

Insertnamehere

We have our own taint that I can't put my finger on, have wondered about it for years but am not close enough to the back room to know. Players I really didn't expect to leave do so at the first opportunity. Maybe it's low money or poor facilities... always wondered if there is some pervasive influence of some sort that drives it. Maybe it's just the nature of a low budget club... hopefully with Peil on board it'll change.
Also consider that while the coast is a lovely place, it isn't where a lot of people want to be. Especially young men with cash.

As a someone over 30 with little kids I'd love to be back on the coast.

midfielder

Is this right.... and should we sign any of the off contract players.... and we have one one visa spot left..

Departures:
- Nicolai Muller (Headed back to Germany)
- Oliver Bozanic (Joined Western Sydney Wanderers)
- Noah Smith (Joined Melbourne Victory)
- Ruon Tongyik ( unsigned but looking for a club)
- Lewis Miller (Was joining Macarthur FC until he terminated that contracted and joined Scottish club Hibernian FC)
- Kye Rowles (Joined Scottish club Hearts FC)
- Mark Birighitti (Joined Scottish club Dundee United)

Signings:
- Michael Ruhs (from Macarthur FC)
- Thomas Aquilina (from Western Sydney Wanderers)
- Sam Silvera (on a 3 year deal)
- Paul Ayongo (25 year old Ghanaian forward is signed on a two year deal)

Contract extensions:
- Josh Nisbet (2 year extension)
- Dan Hall (2 year extension)
- Max Balard (2 year extension)
- Storm Roux (1 year extension)
- Yaren Sozer (1 year extension)
- Beni N'kololo (2 year extension)
- Garang Kuol (2 year extension)
- Jacob Farrell (1 year extension)

Rumours:
- Cy Goddard is also requesting a release to join USL club El Paso Locomotive.
- Wanderers player Nectar Triantis rumoured to be joining the Central Coast Mariners

Off contract players:
- Matt Simon
- Ricardo Rizzo
- Lawrence Caruso
- Cameron Windust
- Harrison Steele
- Harry McCarthy
- Dor Jok
- Manyluak Aguek
- Cameron Windust
- James Bayliss

sydmariner

Is this right.... and should we sign any of the off contract players.... and we have one one visa spot left..

Departures:
- Nicolai Muller (Headed back to Germany)
- Oliver Bozanic (Joined Western Sydney Wanderers)
- Noah Smith (Joined Melbourne Victory)
- Ruon Tongyik ( unsigned but looking for a club)
- Lewis Miller (Was joining Macarthur FC until he terminated that contracted and joined Scottish club Hibernian FC)
- Kye Rowles (Joined Scottish club Hearts FC)
- Mark Birighitti (Joined Scottish club Dundee United)

Signings:
- Michael Ruhs (from Macarthur FC)
- Thomas Aquilina (from Western Sydney Wanderers)
- Sam Silvera (on a 3 year deal)
- Paul Ayongo (25 year old Ghanaian forward is signed on a two year deal)

Contract extensions:
- Josh Nisbet (2 year extension)
- Dan Hall (2 year extension)
- Max Balard (2 year extension)
- Storm Roux (1 year extension)
- Yaren Sozer (1 year extension)
- Beni N'kololo (2 year extension)
- Garang Kuol (2 year extension)
- Jacob Farrell (1 year extension)

Rumours:
- Cy Goddard is also requesting a release to join USL club El Paso Locomotive.
- Wanderers player Nectar Triantis rumoured to be joining the Central Coast Mariners

Off contract players:
- Matt Simon
- Ricardo Rizzo
- Lawrence Caruso
- Cameron Windust
- Harrison Steele
- Harry McCarthy
- Dor Jok
- Manyluak Aguek
- Cameron Windust
- James Bayliss
Didn’t cumdog get extended.

Allreet?

Very much looking forward to the Cummings / Kuol show this year. Suspect one more year is all we'll get from Garang. But he'll leave us as champions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred