• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

pjennings

If as seems to be reported Birraz goes - who do we replace him with? Sozer is supposed to be good if a bit injury prone and would be the favoutite to start at the moment. Danny V is getting older and is sitting on the bench OS - he will want game time before November if he is to make the WC squad. Tom Heward-Belle a possibility. Aidan Munford is playing Qld NPL I believe. I'm not sure the quality of the Academy keepers at the moment. Thoughts?

Michael

It’s so hard to say. The apparent “large” transfer fee and Birras salary can go towards the experienced CB and CM we desperately need. We could do with another aleague ready good age CB too so we have atleast 4. Sozer is passable and could come into his own. I feel like he was signed with the expectation Birra would be poached at some point. As has been mentioned as long as there’s a fee from an overseas club, that is our business model. From what I’ve read, Birra wouldn’t be a walk in #1 at Dundee. He’s being signed to provide depth and competition.

Michael

So this is now the state of the squad;

GK: Sozer, Beach, Caruso

FB: Fazz, Storm, Aquilina, Kuzevski
CB: Hally, Windust (triantis?)

CM: Niz, Max, Steeley, Tapp

Forwards/Wingers: Cumdog, Marco, Ayongo, Beni, Garang, Ruhs, Silvera, Moresche, Macarthy

by my reckoning that’s 16 senior contracted, 6 scholars.
I know there’s a lot of the youth lads training with the squad, just not the exact names if someone can help with that..

Fullback area looks sorted, Abundance of talent and depth up front and out wide, sorted.
CM just needs 1 experienced player.
Very skinny at CB. Who’s our best option for promotion from youth in that area?

marinermick

So this is now the state of the squad;

GK: Sozer, Beach, Caruso

FB: Fazz, Storm, Aquilina, Kuzevski
CB: Hally, Windust (triantis?)

CM: Niz, Max, Steeley, Tapp

Forwards/Wingers: Cumdog, Marco, Ayongo, Beni, Garang, Ruhs, Silvera, Moresche, Macarthy

by my reckoning that’s 16 senior contracted, 6 scholars.
I know there’s a lot of the youth lads training with the squad, just not the exact names if someone can help with that..

Fullback area looks sorted, Abundance of talent and depth up front and out wide, sorted.
CM just needs 1 experienced player.
Very skinny at CB. Who’s our best option for promotion from youth in that area?

I know Jakob Cresnar is training with the first grade squad. His old man put up pictures on Facebook.

AuzDutchy

It’s so hard to say. The apparent “large” transfer fee and Birras salary can go towards the experienced CB and CM we desperately need. We could do with another aleague ready good age CB too so we have atleast 4. Sozer is passable and could come into his own. I feel like he was signed with the expectation Birra would be poached at some point. As has been mentioned as long as there’s a fee from an overseas club, that is our business model. From what I’ve read, Birra wouldn’t be a walk in #1 at Dundee. He’s being signed to provide depth and competition.
I feel like Sozer was signed because we were actually going to lose Birraz 1 or 2 year ago, and i got the feeling Birraz resigned with us on the basis we would let him go to an overseas offer so basically we got an extra year out of Birraz and also a fee on top.
Good Business from the club

Michael

I feel like Sozer was signed because we were actually going to lose Birraz 1 or 2 year ago, and i got the feeling Birraz resigned with us on the basis we would let him go to an overseas offer so basically we got an extra year out of Birraz and also a fee on top.
This definitely seems to be the scenario playing out

style_cafe

If as seems to be reported Birraz goes - who do we replace him with? Sozer is supposed to be good if a bit injury prone and would be the favoutite to start at the moment. Danny V is getting older and is sitting on the bench OS - he will want game time before November if he is to make the WC squad. Tom Heward-Belle a possibility. Aidan Munford is playing Qld NPL I believe. I'm not sure the quality of the Academy keepers at the moment. Thoughts?
That`s a bit harsh on Sozer PJ.
He only started 1 game and got injured... :popcorn:

pjennings

Maybe - but I thought I heard he got injured again during his recovery. Whichever way we will need to get some cover someone equally as good or better to keep him honest if he is the starting GK or he may be the No 2.

At least we have an easy game first up in the cup :cool:

Meerkat

It will be good business absolutely if we are able to replace Birraz with a proven goal keeper. I really like Sozer but in Birraz we have not only the best GK in the league but a Captain, leader, somebody who manages from the field. Huge loss. So money in the bank is great but where is it going to get us if we can’t adequately replace him.
I think very highly of Caruso too but he’s still very young. Huge potential.
I could see Dan Hall stepping up with a set of gloves ? but they may not fix our defence issues.

turbo

really like Sozer but in Birraz we have not only the best GK in the league but a Captain, leader, somebody who manages from the field
If we can get a senior defender to replace Rowles then you may find that influence coming from there instead. Look at Victory last season - Kelava wasn’t the best keeper but they managed to score enough and defend well enough that his impact was limited. Cost them a shot at the plate perhaps but not finals. If we could bring in a good NPL keeper as his back up we should be ok.

Insertnamehere

If we can get a senior defender to replace Rowles then you may find that influence coming from there instead. Look at Victory last season - Kelava wasn’t the best keeper but they managed to score enough and defend well enough that his impact was limited. Cost them a shot at the plate perhaps but not finals. If we could bring in a good NPL keeper as his back up we should be ok.
Did we release Rizzo or is he on loan to Hills? Isn't he highly rated?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred