• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Wombat

Looks like we’re after a new GK coach.
Read a bit deeper.....Academy coaching staff.

We just brought in a new 1st team Spanish goalkeeper coach and he looks the business.

Huddo

It could be misdirection, the journo may have unwittingly been used to scare off other potential buyers. I know it sounds far fetched but I believe it would happen.
Also even if the numbers were true does anyone think Alou would come out and say it is. Just a reminder Garang is 17, has played very few games and was just called up by the socceroos (if I remember Alou's numbers were pretty similar at one point) , now that's not to say he doesn't deserve it. But in perspective, if I was Arnie and I was approached by NUFC and asked to play him so as to assist in him getting a visa, it's a pretty big given I'd be doing it to allow for player growth.
I know these are conspiracies I just think the story has too much info to not have some sort of angle.

Last edited:

turbo

But in perspective, if I was Arnie and I was approached by NUFC and asked to play him so as to assist in him getting a visa, it's a pretty big given I'd be doing it to allow for player growth.
In a friendly yeah maybe, in a World Cup? No chance. If he’s there it’s because he’s such a different talent to others we have. There aren’t many players in our setup that want to run at players like Garang does. Same reason why Arzani got a look in early.

Huddo

There's no way in the world Arnie would pick him just to enhance his visa chances in the UK.

GK is good enough anyway. Really looking forward to seeing how he goes.

It would also be to secure his services for Oz. It's a win-win For 10 minutes in the jersey.

Huddo

Isn't that how Cummings is dealt with, he played a few friendlies for Scotland but not competitive matches so he is eligible for Aus.
Has to play in a competitive match to be locked in.

Friendlies don't count.
It this friendly sanctioned by FIFA as a competitive fixture? Honest question.

Edit: it's pencilled in as an international Friendly, so I'll say no.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred