• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Wombat

My exact thoughts. Fruitbat not Josho.

Ken is Ok but its 100% a pikey signing.

Last edited:

pjennings

Any word on when the draw is out?

This was from Shaun on Monday

The campaigns are being worked on - I think that once the independence is locked away we will see the league start to stand of our own feet better. I know there is a membership drive week being planned - but they need to get the draw finalized next above all. It has been near impossible for them with ACL draw changes and border restrictions. So the next step is the draw, then members drive then marketing campaign.

Needs to happen soon - 5 weeks from Sunday

turbo

I’d expect it’ll be fairly nsw heavy early with a lot of away games in the back half of the season. Hopefully they can work some magic so we don’t run out of home games too early.

Corsair

Dylan is overseas in Europe on trial. When more is confirmed we can let you know.
As someone yet to renew that's disappointing news. We're perpetually short on strikers and to me he looked the best prospect for a long while, would be good to see at least 1 full season from him in the first team.

Michael

As someone yet to renew that's disappointing news. We're perpetually short on strikers and to me he looked the best prospect for a long while, would be good to see at least 1 full season from him in the first team.

it’s honestly out of the clubs hands because there has been no confirmation he’s still contracted to us (I don’t believe he is)
What I took from shauns comment was perhaps DRD is hoping to get an offer from said OS club but if that doesn’t happen perhaps he’s given a verbal agreement to the club he’ll come back here. Purely speculating ofcourse.

true believer

he had a good game . we have no idea if he can produce week in week out .
while i'd like him to play another season . would he play in front of bouman ?
im happier to renew this season than i was the last

style_cafe

it’s honestly out of the clubs hands because there has been no confirmation he’s still contracted to us (I don’t believe he is)
What I took from shauns comment was perhaps DRD is hoping to get an offer from said OS club but if that doesn’t happen perhaps he’s given a verbal agreement to the club he’ll come back here. Purely speculating ofcourse.
Didn`t DRD sign a two year scholarship with us...not sure wtf that means though... :popcorn:

Wombat

Bit harsh Wombat. I agree we probably need better but Joey has an A League Grand Final winners medal with Sydney (whilst he was still at Gosford High), scored on his debut for both WSW and the Jets, and has played in Belgium, Hong Kong and Iceland. And 63 goals in his last 129 games is a better strike rate than Muzz or Blake Powell had in the NPL and A League. His goals per game ratio in full time professional football (not NPL) is 0.53 goals/game. The best record of any strikers whilst playing for CCM is Damian Mori with 0.54 followed by John Aloisi with 0.46 and Roy O'Donovan with 0.4.

I would also love to see a "proper" striker but whilst MC still controls the purse strings I'm not sure how much of a better option we will see.

Sometimes harsh is the only way when dealing with charlatans. When we sugarcoat the piss poor signings we only are complicit and duplicitous in Mike's games to the detriment of our fans, our club and our game in general.

Michael

Didn`t DRD sign a two year scholarship with us...not sure wtf that means though... :popcorn:

from my memory the club didn’t state the length of the contract just that he’d been promoted to scholarship deal
I’m a DRD fan so I hope he still is contracted and any successful trial would mean some kind of fee and in that case it’d be our successful transfer window in years, 2 transfer fees!

Michael

DRD does not get picked in front of Bouman for my money. Regardless they are Middies....we need a proper striker!

agree, they’re both attacking mids.
but what kind of quality aussie strikers are knocking about right now that we could even tempt? Golgol? I’m not super convinced by him. there was the brockie rumour too
Jackson Irvine is still a free agent and is still in OZ and is a shadow striker kind of player. Throw some money at him and shake things up

pjennings

Jackson Irvine is still a free agent and is still in OZ and is a shadow striker kind of player. Throw some money at him and shake things up

That could be a very good play. Having not played for a while his salary would be less than otherwise. At 27 still plenty of football left in him and he would still want to play OS. Sign him for a minimum of 2 years until the end of 2022 and when he goes OS again after this season we would likely get much more than we paid in salary for 6 months.

pinklady

from my memory the club didn’t state the length of the contract just that he’d been promoted to scholarship deal
I’m a DRD fan so I hope he still is contracted and any successful trial would mean some kind of fee and in that case it’d be our successful transfer window in years, 2 transfer fees!
His scholarship was only until the end of last season.

Michael

That could be a very good play. Having not played for a while his salary would be less than otherwise. At 27 still plenty of football left in him and he would still want to play OS. Sign him for a minimum of 2 years until the end of 2022 and when he goes OS again after this season we would likely get much more than we paid in salary for 6 months.

it’s mind blowing he hasn’t been picked up yet

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred