• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

pjennings

I’m with you.

Even if you think he’s definitely got what it takes to be a 12+Goals HAL starting striker. It’s almost certainly a bridge too far to expect that of him next season, and if he’s scoring what 8 or 9 goals, tripling last seasons tally, that’s still not enough for the starting striker of any aspiring top 6 side.

So I’m hoping there’s another striker or I fear we may well see Matty starting again.

Assuming the triallists sign, with our current signings and Staj's supposed preferred 4-1-4-1 format this is the best I can come up with.

----------------Pearce-------------
Gallifuoco--Tongyik--Rowles--Clisby
---------------Eun-sun-------------
Ingham---De Silva----Sang-Ho----Oar
-----------------Murray--------------

Could Murray do a job with that support - probably to some extent. However, I would prefer another striker with Jordan as backup. The problem with the 4-1-4-1 formation is that we already have 3 strikers (unless you have Majok as an alternate to Ingham at RW) and we are unlikely to sign another. If we are to play two up front I would have Jordan next to a new signing with Simon and Majok as backups.

marinermick

Assuming the triallists sign, with our current signings and Staj's supposed preferred 4-1-4-1 format this is the best I can come up with.

----------------Pearce-------------
Gallifuoco--Tongyik--Rowles--Clisby
---------------Eun-sun-------------
Ingham---De Silva----Sang-Ho----Oar
-----------------Murray--------------

Could Murray do a job with that support - probably to some extent. However, I would prefer another striker with Jordan as backup. The problem with the 4-1-4-1 formation is that we already have 3 strikers (unless you have Majok as an alternate to Ingham at RW) and we are unlikely to sign another. If we are to play two up front I would have Jordan next to a new signing with Simon and Majok as backups.

That side fills me with fear.

Looking at that where would slot in the Croatian import that we know nothing of? I would have to say centre back. Hope he is a big, mobile lug that loves coming up for set pieces.

Big Al

DDS does not have a strong enough shot to be a striker.
Yeah absolutely a weakness but I thought he did some of his best work there when he was in the young Socceroos squads? Could be wrong but remember him scoring a few.

Midfield with his ball control and passing would be best

pinklady

That side fills me with fear.

Looking at that where would slot in the Croatian import that we know nothing of? I would have to say centre back. Hope he is a big, mobile lug that loves coming up for set pieces.
Is there a Croatian import or is it Mark Moric 19 year old ex Jets and Sydney United who has been playing in Croatia, who has been linked with us and has been at training this week.

turbo

So I’m hoping there’s another striker or I fear we may well see Matty starting again
Simon's tally includes 3 penalties and that crazy free kick through the wall against WSW. I'm not sure if the stats count scoring from a saved penalty in that number, if not theres one of those. From open play he's scored no more than Murray last year and played 500 minutes more. If it comes down to choosing between them the club has to back Murray.

marinermick

Is there a Croatian import or is it Mark Moric 19 year old ex Jets and Sydney United who has been playing in Croatia, who has been linked with us and has been at training this week.

Mmm, interesting because I heard a Croatian visa player but I have also heard Moric a few months ago.

Moric played with my nephew at Sydney United, made the Young Socceroos, was contracted by the Jets, farmed out to their Premier League side before going off for a stint in Croatia.

He is Ante Moric's boy.

In all honesty I hope we don't sign him.

Blackadder

Not sure if I am being overly optimistic, but the two K-League (potential) signings look very promising, very non Mariners like based on recent seasons. :eek:

Pirate Pete

Not sure if I am being overly optimistic, but the two K-League (potential) signings look very promising, very non Mariners like based on recent seasons. :eek:
If that's the case, sign them on one year deals.
Then they can go off to the Smurfs or Jets next year.

midfielder

Mmm, interesting because I heard a Croatian visa player but I have also heard Moric a few months ago.

Moric played with my nephew at Sydney United, made the Young Socceroos, was contracted by the Jets, farmed out to their Premier League side before going off for a stint in Croatia.

He is Ante Moric's boy.

In all honesty I hope we don't sign him.

Why.... he is young and looks to have heaps of potential ...

marinermick

Why.... he is young and looks to have heaps of potential ...

He is young but I haven't seen the potential. Jets wanted no part of him after a while and his stay in Croatia was not long.

Also, he is a striker and we don't need another also ran in this position.

Forum Phoenix

Simon's tally includes 3 penalties and that crazy free kick through the wall against WSW. I'm not sure if the stats count scoring from a saved penalty in that number, if not theres one of those. From open play he's scored no more than Murray last year and played 500 minutes more. If it comes down to choosing between them the club has to back Murray.

I agree. For mine Matty proved he is increasingly unlikely to score from open play. Even when he received good balls in dangerous areas he did not have either the speed or feet to turn it often into even a chance let alone a goal.

But he impacts upon games, is a strong team man and has a record in HAL. So I worry that with no new striker he may well get the starting nod.

turbo

But he impacts upon games, is a strong team man and has a record in HAL. So I worry that with no new striker he may well get the starting nod.
I can see how he might look like the safe choice which is why I think it’s important to break down the numbers. I’m not trying to crap on the bloke although I’m sure it comes across that way often enough, I just think if we are to play a single striker setup unless our wingers are amazing and he’s bringing them in to play then we just won’t make enough chances with him to be competitive. Murray seems better suited to hitting on the break/counter.

pjennings

Just a quick comparison to this time last year

---------------------Kennedy/Pearce/Gauci-----------------
McGing---------------Aspro/Golec/Rowles--------------Clisby
------------------Hiariej/Melling/McGlinchey--------------
----------------------------De Silva------------Pain/Shabow
--------------------------Gamiero/Simon---------------------

---------------------------Pearce--------------------------
------------------Gallifuoco/Tongiyk/Rowles----------Clisby
---------------------Melling/McGlinchey/Nisbet--------------
Ingham/Majok-----De Silva/Silvera----------Oar/Shabow
--------------------------Murray/Simon----------------------

So we are weaker at this stage at GK, RB, CM
Line ball at LW?
Stronger at CAM (not sure of Silvera's position)
Stronger at CB (given Aspro and Golec's injuries)
Stronger at RW
Stronger at CS (given Gamiero did not play)

5 players to go - they really all need to be starters - GK, RB, CM, CAM and CS.

Insertnamehere

Just a quick comparison to this time last year

---------------------Kennedy/Pearce/Gauci-----------------
McGing---------------Aspro/Golec/Rowles--------------Clisby
------------------Hiariej/Melling/McGlinchey--------------
----------------------------De Silva------------Pain/Shabow
--------------------------Gamiero/Simon---------------------

---------------------------Pearce--------------------------
------------------Gallifuoco/Tongiyk/Rowles----------Clisby
---------------------Melling/McGlinchey/Nisbet--------------
Ingham/Majok-----De Silva/Silvera----------Oar/Shabow
--------------------------Murray/Simon----------------------

So we are weaker at this stage at GK, RB, CM
Line ball at LW?
Stronger at CAM (not sure of Silvera's position)
Stronger at CB (given Aspro and Golec's injuries)
Stronger at RW
Stronger at CS (given Gamiero did not play)

5 players to go - they really all need to be starters - GK, RB, CM, CAM and CS.
Personally i think Oar and shabow are CM/CAM and Majok is a CS.
Oars crosses and pace are much less than Pain. If youre committed to him on the fringe then hes more of an inside forward than a winger but thats splitting hairs.
IMO still looking for wide men and a Gk. A gun striker would be nice.

style_cafe

I agree. For mine Matty proved he is increasingly unlikely to score from open play. Even when he received good balls in dangerous areas he did not have either the speed or feet to turn it often into even a chance let alone a goal.

So convert him to a RB and solve 2 problems

pjennings

Personally i think Oar and shabow are CM/CAM and Majok is a CS.
Oars crosses and pace are much less than Pain. If youre committed to him on the fringe then hes more of an inside forward than a winger but thats splitting hairs.
IMO still looking for wide men and a Gk. A gun striker would be nice.

What Shabow is named at is not important as he won't be a starter, either will Majok. My main point is that we are after 5 starters.

We need at least 1 GK and 1 RB.

We are trialling a HM/CM and a CAM/LW/RW. If Sang-Ho is signed he can play wide on either side, Even with Majok as a CS he is not a starter nor is Simon. Murray may grow into the role with better service but it is asking a lot.

A CS is needed to either start alone or partner with Murray.

Ads

Wonder of they would try Ingham as an attacking RB?

Murray as RW?

Would explain so many RW / FW options and backups.
Silvera/Simon/Ingham/Majok/Murray/DDS

pinklady

Have heard a RB/DM had a medical recently but hasn’t been announced yet. One who I was pleasantly surprised about. Not sure where it’s at currently but hopefully hear something soon.
Would that be the one that has recently been playing in Greece?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred