• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

pjennings

Just tell me that we have re-signed Milan and Birighitti for at least 2 more seasons and Nisbet for longer and I will start to relax.

Tim

Article in the Hair Dryer on SMH they says Roy on outer at the Roar and given opportunity to find a new club in Jan period but couldn’t find one. I am assuming it’s a money issue as surely he would have been a useful addition. Maybe Staj and co don’t see him as an answer. Fair fall from grace for him given the interest from WSW and Newcastle when he left for the Roar.

turbo

Money and the visa spot I'd imagine. I don't think he can get his citizenship until later in the year? Might have better luck for next season if that's in place.

midfielder

The Snakes form since returning from his suspension has been putting it kindly poor ....

Me thinks the combined risks of him being a hothead and possible suspensions and lack of form and I assume wanting top dollar means he will find getting a club on his terms increasingly difficult.

pjennings

At his age and with young kid/s he really needs to decide what he wants out of life. Does he want to stay in Australia, return home or chase dollars elsewhere. If he decides his future is in Australia the decision on where he wants to live and bring up his family must form a part of the consideration as he will inevitably slow down.

Having said that I watched him and Monty train separately a few years ago (coming back from injury) and they both were working incredibly hard compared to the fit squad.

marinermick

At his age and with young kid/s he really needs to decide what he wants out of life. Does he want to stay in Australia, return home or chase dollars elsewhere. If he decides his future is in Australia the decision on where he wants to live and bring up his family must form a part of the consideration as he will inevitably slow down.

Having said that I watched him and Monty train separately a few years ago (coming back from injury) and they both were working incredibly hard compared to the fit squad.

He has never looked overweight and unfit. Always lean.

FFC Mariner

Article in the Hair Dryer on SMH they says Roy on outer at the Roar and given opportunity to find a new club in Jan period but couldn’t find one. I am assuming it’s a money issue as surely he would have been a useful addition. Maybe Staj and co don’t see him as an answer. Fair fall from grace for him given the interest from WSW and Newcastle when he left for the Roar.
Wont drop his wages so wont be coming here - we also cant shift Jair

Forum Phoenix

Well as only 19% of his passes go forwards, id be getting behind him

This is what I’ve been saying, in what universe is that a statistic for a talented creative mid?

Milan though skilful and a much better passer and striker of the ball, does not have DDS’s feet. But he looks to play forward whenever he can and has a clear idea of what he wants to do with the ball. I still think him and Kim, with Stens or GG specifically tasked to break up play and a proper 10 in front of them would be very dangerous.

I’m still learning about the 4222. But with our cattle, given our strength is in our deep lying mids and that we have no pace out wide, I’d be keen to see us playing a 4321.

I also heard Silvera only got off the plane the day before the game last week. Anyone confirm this?

Last edited:

Shaun Mielekamp

This is what I’ve been saying, in what universe is that a statistic for a talented creative mid?

Milan though skilful and a much better passer and striker of the ball, does not have DDS’s feet. But he looks to play forward whenever he can and has a clear idea of what he wants to do with the ball. I still think him and Kim, with Stens or GG specifically tasked to break up play and a proper 10 in front of them would be very dangerous.

I’m still learning about the 4222. But with our cattle, given our strength is in our deep lying mids and that we have no pace out wide, I’d be keen to see us playing a 4321.

I also heard Silvera only got off the plane the day before the game last week. Anyone confirm this?
No Sammy returned mid week leaving LA on the Monday, I can debunk that myth for you.

centre mid

Anyone hear if Bernie ibini was signing for us as he is a free agent now? My mate recons he saw something saying he's coming back to a league after his failed medical

centre mid

Yer and then my mate recons he said he's coming back to the a league to one of his former 2 teams. I don't think the bling need him though...

turbo

Would be a great pickup for us if we could get him. Would get guaranteed game time too where he’d be fighting for it at Sydney. If they can afford him with the cap but then again creative accounting.
If I’m not wrong it doesn’t have to be finalised before the end of the day as he’s a free agent atm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred