• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Preseason 2019

Wombat

Commentary was excellent.

My daughter was playing on the computer next to me and watched the Tassie goal. She said OMG your keeper is terrible.

Josho Howe

Pretty comfortable in the end which was to be expected. Should have scored a few more goals. Finishing needs work. Defence iffy as usual.

Reactions: adz

Wombat

There wasn’t too much to like but it wasn’t horrible either. Again trailists and Fringe players got a run

Weemac and Ziggy looked our best players. Duric was good in patches.

We definitely need a Centre Forward.

turbo

Saw on twitter that Tongyik got 20 minutes. Wonder if he’ll be ready for the cup game? If he’s up to speed a line up of
Ziggy - Tongyik - Fox - Clisby sounds like it could get the job done. But maybe Rowles in there ahead of him if he and DDS are back from national duties and Tongyik on the bench.

FFC Mariner

No defence looks good having Pearce behind them. Discussion in another medium that he and Shabow would go close to being inducted into our worst ever 11

Wombat

In defence of Shabow he got two assists with quality thru balls. Pearce on the other hand.

Mayok and Murray are not starting quality Number 9s.

Wombat

Saw on twitter that Tongyik got 20 minutes. Wonder if he’ll be ready for the cup game? If he’s up to speed a line up of
Ziggy - Tongyik - Fox - Clisby sounds like it could get the job done. But maybe Rowles in there ahead of him if he and DDS are back from national duties and Tongyik on the bench.

Ziggy Tonyik Fox Rowles. That would be my back 4.

Forum Phoenix

In defence of Shabow he got two assists with quality thru balls. Pearce on the other hand.

Mayok and Murray are not starting quality Number 9s.

We should have put 5 or 6 past them at least, but everyone was so wasteful. Murray and Majok worst of all. We won't win many games unless we're a damn site better than that.

Thought Miller was excellent. Nisbet should start over Melling. Prefer Duric when he was deeper. Hatch started very well first 40 or so but then was very average thereafter. Esposito started poorly but grew into it.

Weemac was mostly excellent, but he did this to me last year against lower quality opposition and I thought he was going to shine, then he was an absolute traffic cone at HAL level and worse never stepped up to take charge. However he does look so much fitter... but fool me twice shame on me. So will reserve judgement till season proper.

Anyway, obviously a long way from our starting side with...
Birra, Kim, Silvera, GG, DDS, Oar, Rowles, Fox, Stesness and Simon all out...

BUT, we really do need a quality centre forward.

Tassiemariner

Glad you all enjoyed the match, and thank you for the niceties about the commentary. We enjoy every match we do, but the FFA Cup/NPL Finals/A-League friendlies are just a little extra special.

It wasn't the best possible Tasmanian side, but I think you could see why the first half keeper Pitchford, and the 2 players who played the first half and then came back on for the last 10 minutes, Stone and Bidwell, were 3 of my top 5 in the media award voting for the season here in Tasmania. They are a cut above, and hopefully it bodes well for there trip to Maitland with Devonport in 2 weeks.

For the Mariners,
Murray made some intelligent runs off the ball but didn't quite have the finishing.
Majok.... "Raw" would be the diplomatic way of describing him.
Ziggy's got a great shout at being captain. Natural leader. Found his comments about 'the best team environment I've ever been around' interesting too.
No other real standouts. The youth players/trialists did okay, and if we had any space for squad players, you'd take them. But for me, it's the top end of the squad that needs improving.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I was a bit knarky that they didn’t get more goals and looked shabby but the missus said “shoosh grumpy , their on holidays”
Bit close to the season to be not putting ten past part timers let alone letting them score....but I guess that won’t be Staj actual starting eleven come HAL commencement

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred