• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners named in Socceroo squad

fish

Weve had a few boys named in the preliminary squad Ill leave it for the club to announce but just rewards for 4 or 5 players

marinersman

Fish, by train on squad, do you mean players named in addition to the squad in case of injury?

If so, I'll go with Jedi, Wilko, Sash and Hutch. I am asumming Danny is in the squad along with Johnny.

C

C U JIMMY

Mariner Girl said:
Sasho would have to be in there - surely  :)

You must be in love with him Mariner Girl ;D,  Sasho for Australia,  on present form NO CHANCE. :naughty:.

M

mariners_4_ever

danny has to be in ther deffinatly
aloisi will b in there
prob also boogs
and tommy p

kevrenor

Sorry to spoil everyone's fun:

Socceroos: John Aloisi, John Hutchinson, Tom Pondeljak, Alex Wilkinson
Olyroos: Nigel Boogaard, Danny Vukovic (gk)

Source: FFA

ryan

Interesting that only two goalkeepers were brought in for the Socceroos. It surely means that Danny will be in there also.

C

C U JIMMY

Interesting to hear Verbeek speak of the defensive mistakes in the HAL,  not good enough he said, 4 5 goals might be exciting for the fans but he is not impressed,  if we have more than 3  or 4  hal  players in against Qatar I will be very surprised, Aloisi,  Moore,  Milligan, and maybe another, thats my guess. Anyway congrats to the Mariners mighty 4 who have made the camp, well done lads. :headbounce:

Rubbernose

C U JIMMY said:
Interesting to hear Verbeek speak of the defensive mistakes in the HAL,  not good enough he said, 4 5 goals might be exciting for the fans but he is not impressed,  if we have more than 3  or 4  hal  players in against Qatar I will be very surprised, Aloisi,  Moore,  Milligan, and maybe another, thats my guess. Anyway congrats to the Mariners mighty 4 who have made the camp, well done lads. :headbounce:

I agree, plus perhaps Archie. I think any A-League starters will be few and far between and those that might will be those heavy on the experience, as above.

I don't think Verbeek has much option but to try and get the euro boys back for what is - apart from obviously being a very important game - his first game in charge. If he goes local and it all goes ugly he will be accused of misreading the situation.

Perhaps he'll be a bit more ballsy and put his faith in a cuppla local bolters but I would be surprised if it is to any significant degree, and would probably be off the bench.

I reckon he'll largely risk it with euro poster boys willing and able to travel, and those confident of doing so.

FFC Mariner

He has probably had to rely on Arnoldout to brief him about the local players. You cant get a real handle on someone having watched them 2 or 3 times.

pjennings

I think you''l see a lot of Euro players.

I don't think you'll see Milligan (too many mistakes - including the Asian Cup). Archie, Moore, Covic, Joel Griffiths, Danny and JA will be in the final squad. Possibly Adam Griffiths. 

Mariner Girl

C U JIMMY said:
Mariner Girl said:
Sasho would have to be in there - surely  :)

You must be in love with him Mariner Girl ;D,  Sasho for Australia,  on present form NO CHANCE. :naughty:.

Sasho is doing a lot better than "Arsy" Thompson at the moment.
But no I only have eyes for Viddy :-*
Lucky I didn't suggest they recall him into the squad (I know he's retired). That would have put you all
in a spin :headbounce:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred