• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Greasy Chip Butty Song

Bex

The Central Coast Mariners preparations for season four and beyond have been further strengthened following todays announcement of a landmark partnership between the Hyundai A-League Premiers and English football heavyweights Sheffield United.

http://www.ccmariners.com.au/default.aspx?s=ccfc_news_item&id=21607

Awesome Stuff!!!!! The Mariners management are genuises :eek:verhead:

We now have a new chant..........

You fill up my senses
Like a gallon of Blue Tongue
Like a packet of Winnies
Like a good pinch of snuff
Like night out in Gosford
Like a greasy chip butty
Like Central Coast Mariners
Come fill me again....
Na Na Na Naa Naa Naaaaa, ooo!

dibo

Bex said:
The Central Coast Mariners preparations for season four and beyond have been further strengthened following todays announcement of a landmark partnership between the Hyundai A-League Premiers and English football heavyweights Sheffield United.

http://www.ccmariners.com.au/default.aspx?s=ccfc_news_item&id=21607

Awesome Stuff!!!!! The Mariners management are genuises :eek:verhead:

We now have a new chant..........

You fill up my senses
Like a packet of Winnies
Like night out in Gosford
Like a greasy chip butty
Come fill me again....

had a similar idea the other day

dibo said:
You fill up my senses
Like a gallon of Bluetongue
Like a packet of Winfields
Like night out at Troppo
Like a Monty's chip butty
Central Coast Mariners
Come thrill me again....

Bex

Ahh cr*p. Sorry mods, I looked through the recent posts and couldn't see anything, but it looks like I need to go back to forum school :(

Please merge or delete.

Yeh, I think Troppo works better than Gosford. Not so sure about Monty's though; its kind of the signature line of the chant.

dibo

well... we don't really have chip butties here either...

i don't think it's terrible to have this as a separate thread, it's something peeps may want to discuss somewhat separately to the tie-up deal.

adz

Staff member
ok was looking up what the f**k a chip butty is and found this... totally off topic but ummm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ3SVLUolwc

Bex

Chip butty
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Chip butty with tomato ketchup; A chip sandwich or, sometimes in the United Kingdom and New Zealand - a chip butty, is a sandwich made with bread (usually white and buttered) and chips, (french fries) often with some sort of sauce such as tomato sauce or HP Sauce. [1] It was originally considered a working-class meal, served in pubs. It is more common in the north of England.

A football chant (sung to Annie's Song by John Denver) called "The Greasy Chip Butty Song" is popular with the supporters of Sheffield United Football Club.

Atomic

Are you serious with this idea??? After all the previous threads which concerntrated on songs and chants, if you think this is the best we can come up with then think again! The number of times I've used the phrase "chip butty" in my life.... zero! The fact that Bex had to post a Wikipedia definition says it all. Unless I've missed the irony, then I suggest more effort be put into lyrics that are more relevant than chip butties and snuff.

kevrenor

Not attempting to dampen any enthusiasm, but this song (with Sydney biased words) was sung by Northern Spirit supporters in the NSL. Therefore Sydney FC fans will claim it a blatant rip-off!  ::)

dibo

i think it falls squarely in the box marked 'brainfart', but at the same time a little creativity and initiative from those who otherwise knock wouldn't be the worst thing we could ever have. ;)

Atomic

This issue of songs and chants keeps going around in circles. A thread starts, and people come up with some really witty and wonderful ideas and it ends there. In the past, I've asked that we put a short list of favourite songs/chants to the forum members for a vote and concerntrate on getting the crowd to learn the lyrics of the winner. Alas, all it takes is for one "opponent" to post something like... "I'd rather songs come "organically" from the crowd, rather than force them upon people"... and we are back to square 1.

So here we are, after the completion of V3 and so far the crowd knows the lyrics to "Mariners"... clap, clap, clap.

P

Pete

Atomic said:
Are you serious with this idea??? After all the previous threads which concerntrated on songs and chants, if you think this is the best we can come up with then think again! The number of times I've used the phrase "chip butty" in my life.... zero! The fact that Bex had to post a Wikipedia definition says it all. Unless I've missed the irony, then I suggest more effort be put into lyrics that are more relevant than chip butties and snuff.
True, I had to look up the meaning too.

Maybe "Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Holden Cars" then? ;D

dibo

Atomic said:
This issue of songs and chants keeps going around in circles. A thread starts, and people come up with some really witty and wonderful ideas and it ends there. In the past, I've asked that we put a short list of favourite songs/chants to the forum members for a vote and concerntrate on getting the crowd to learn the lyrics of the winner. Alas, all it takes is for one "opponent" to post something like... "I'd rather songs come "organically" from the crowd, rather than force them upon people"... and we are back to square 1.

So here we are, after the completion of V3 and so far the crowd knows the lyrics to "Mariners"... clap, clap, clap.

this isn't talking about anthems though, that's a different matter entirely. this is just a song. an anthem will be the song which is picked up by everyone.

frankly, we don't even have half of bay 16 singing most days and the resistance to new songs (or worse, tweaks to older songs) is at times completely overpowering, so a poll to determine an anthem would be no more productive than nailing jelly to the wall.

adz

Staff member
dibo said:
...no more productive than nailing jelly to the wall.

well I wish you were around that time I wasted a whole weekend trying this

Bex

dibo said:
i think it falls squarely in the box marked 'brainfart', but at the same time a little creativity and initiative from those who otherwise knock wouldn't be the worst thing we could ever have. ;)
Thanks Dibo, I'm so glad you provided some creativity and initiative rather than just knocking the idea. ::)

MattSimon

"You fill up my senses
Like a packet of skittles
Like a good pinch on the as$
Like night out in Gossy
Like a greasy steak sanga
Come fill me again....
Na Na Na Naa Naa Naaaaa, ooo!"

Changes explained:
a) You can't smoke anywhere anymore in Australia, but there is still no law against eating mountains upon mountains of skittles so I replaced the winnies line.

b) No one does snuff outside of Europe except a couple of pals from my school days. However, almost everyone enjoys both giving and receiving as$ pinches.

c) If you need to look up wikipedia to learn about a steak sanga then you may as well move to Newcastle because you must be a dumb as$.

dibo

Bex said:
dibo said:
Thanks Dibo, I'm so glad you provided some creativity and initiative rather than just knocking the idea. ::)

i posted a version of the song a coupla days before this thread came about, clearly people don't think it will take off - no biggie. my 'brainfart' post was just alluding to my frustration at the fact that the number of songs that i and other people have put up on here for them to never be heard again is amazing, and then people complain we've got no repertoire...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred