• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Fastest Players

shipwreck

Was chatting with some people lately and im really curious as to what our fastest players are on the pitch, i know that we are notorious for a slow backline but it would be nice to see a ranking of our players, maybe over 50m as thats the most useful application of speed in football: Please feel free to chuck in your list, my preliminary one of the top of my head would look like this:

Heffernen
Tommy
Owens
Brown
Kwasnik

Rest too slow to seperate....

FFC Mariner

According to my daughter who saw him at Largo on crutches, Viddie might give him a run for his money.

Mind you, he would still beat Mrdja

northernspirit

thatd be a sight, race btween viddy, heff, mrdja and ossie on crutches
would be the only race viddy could possibly win lol

bikinigirl

. heff has always been the man i thought - lets hope he doesn't lose any speed due to the injury

. have heard some of the players saying kwasi is fastest?

. would have thought clarkie would be up there too

B

bakery5

Greenpoleffc said:
According to my daughter who saw him at Largo on crutches, Viddie might give him a run for his money.

Greenpoleffc said:

only because Mrdja would be drunk

dibo

i think when heff was going to germany there were some articles in the press saying that he wasn't the quickest in the squad, that honour went to clarkie. clarkie's also quick going forward and coming back. ;)

beccstar

i'm only guessing but in last nights game Boogs caught up to Nikita Rukavytsya a few times when he came on. So maybe he would be up there too?
I'm probably wrong, but it seemed like if he made a break, Boogs was coming up fast.

M

mariners_4_ever

:thumbup: :thumbup:  Yer Heff would have to be "the fastest"  in the team.  :thumbup: :thumbup:

FFC Mariner

Boogs pace is deceptive IMHO. Whilst reasonably fast it is his amazing reading of the game that allows him to be in the right place at the right time.

Bear

beccstar said:
i'm only guessing but in last nights game Boogs caught up to Nikita Rukavytsya a few times when he came on. So maybe he would be up there too?
I'm probably wrong, but it seemed like if he made a break, Boogs was coming up fast.

What? Nikita SMASHED Boogs last night. Just before he had his shot across goal that clipped the top the cross bar, he left Boogs for dead

Clarky was the fastest in V1, and may possibly still be the fastest with Heffs injury. He aint gettin younger by the day tho

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred