• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Centre of Excellence is GO!

Bex

dru said:
brett said:
The whole project is about developing revenue streams so it would be stupid not to!

Depends how many they think will come to the games and weather it is worth staffing a bar area.

Having not seen any of the proposed plans or the fly through presentation, it may come down to how close it is to the club building, very close and we may have to walk into the club to get a beer.

Wondering if this ground is going to be based on the Belconnen ground?

Its only a training ground for the Mariners; matches will be played at Bluetongue. The NYL and W-League will play matches but I'm not sure that justifies opening a bar in the "boutique" grandstand.

Bex

It wasn't mentioned at all although this is "Stage 1". One step at a time I guess. Plenty of time to build a stadium before 2018.

midfielder

The plans call for a six storey administration and sports medical facility ... any idea if the University is partly or fully funding the building as I understand (just from general media reports) that the University will be doing a lot of work there and using Mariners squads as working models for a lot of what they wish to do.

Bex

Yes, the picture on front page of Express Advocate shows a 6 story high building. Thats just the club, conference, catering and admin (?) building. There is another building on the other side of the existing club which is about the same size and its got accomodation, sports science centre, gym, indoor pool and admin (?). As you can see, I can't recall which building housed admin.

No detail has been given on the Uni but I don't know whether it will involve much more than what they're already doing with Andrew Clarke currently. I guess the improved facilities would encourage more involvement. LOL that Uni of Newcastle would choose Mariners rather than Jest for this stuff.

midfielder

From the clubs web site includes the model and building time frame.

http://www.ccmariners.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=25638

Alicia

centre_of_excellence_01.jpg

MattSimon

Do my eyes deceive me or is that a 50 foot tall poster of Matt Simon? And John "Hard Enough" Hutchinson?

ABSOLUTELY LOVIN IT

MattSimon

My one beef is that opposing teams will come to the Coast and have world class facilities in terms of accom / training fields. Reciprocation plz :)

dru

MattSimon said:
My one beef is that opposing teams will come to the Coast and have world class facilities in terms of accom / training fields. Reciprocation plz :)

But the mariners can now control wake up calls at 2.30am, 3.30am, 4.30am and 6.30am on game day ;)

midfielder

Tis the season so why not ... celebrate our management and our center of Excellence

So from the top

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening,
In the lane, snow is glistening
A beautiful sight,
We're happy tonight.
Walking in a Mariners wonderland.

loyalist

midfielder said:
Tis the season so why not ... celebrate our management and our center of Excellence

So from the top

A beautiful sight,
We're happy tonight.
orrite where did u copy n paste this from?

midfielder

forzamariners said:
midfielder said:

So from the top

A beautiful sight,
We're happy tonight.
orrite where did u copy n paste this from?

Careful there ... that is a very old and often used football chant at this time of the year... showing a lack of knowledge maybe...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred