• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Centre of Excellence is GO!

midfielder

Two excellent bits of news today that will be at the heart of what the COE is all about...

This is really such good news …. the Centre of Football Excellence our training academies … we connected our training programs to the association teams and park clubs…. this has never happened before even in the NSL days that training programs were developed for the junior weekend players….

Wonders aloud if SBS will continue to agnore all this technical youth development on the coast…

Mariners pen landmark agreement

Monday, 18 July 2011

Mariners pen landmark agreementMonday,
http://ccmariners.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=40344

Central Coast Mariners together with Central Coast Football (CCF) have today penned an historic agreement that will help bolster the Yellow and Navy’s Hyundai A-League playing stocks for generations to come.

In an Australian football first, the Heads of Agreement signed this morning ensure that from October 1 this year, CCF’s representative Youth League programs will be integrated into and form a key component of the Mariners ambitious Academy initiatives.

Under the Central Coast Mariners brand the program will be the sole elite football Academy in the region, providing high-level training and playing opportunities to both male and female footballers.

Indeed, in its initial stages the Academy will consist of U-11 to U-18 male teams, and U-12 to senior female sides competing at the highest level permitted by Football New South Wales.

Central Coast Mariners Chairman, Mr Peter Turnbull, today hailed the partnership as yet another significant milestone in the clubs progression.

“I congratulate the CCF Board on their vision and foresight in developing this initiative with us,” Turnbull said.

“This is another commitment by the Mariners in fostering and developing youth talent to provide youngsters with a clear pathway to develop their skills and hopefully achieve a career in the sport.

“With four players in the Qantas Young Socceroos squad for the 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup, and the captain of the Qantas U-23s in our Hyundai A-League ranks, we are ideally placed to undertake this next era of youth development.

“In fact, we will be the only Hyundai A-League club that has its own representative Youth League teams for both males and females, and I believe this is further testament to our commitment to community involvement which we have made a conscious effort in further enhancing this year.”

Under the terms of the agreement, CCF will provide the budding Mariners with access to Pluim Park, Lisarow for all representative games. Additionally, access to Jubilee Oval, Long Jetty and Leagues Club Park, Gosford for all of the Academy’s training and playing requirements will be supplied.

In return, the agreement is underpinned by the Mariners guarantee that 80 per cent of all players in the representative programs will be Central Coast residents, ensuring that a transparent development pathway from the junior to the elite level of football in the region is created.

According to CCF Chairman, Mr Darren Sprod, the agreement is a mutually beneficial one.

“This agreement provides a clear pathway for the development of elite youth players on the Coast, which follows the national curriculum sponsored by both Football New South Wales and FFA,” Sprod said.

“Elite players of the region will no longer be confused over which path to take.

“The agreement allows CCF to concentrate its resources on community football and our 23 member clubs, while ensuring we support the Mariners in developing the elite footballers of the future. CCF wants to ensure we give the youth of the Central Coast every opportunity to develop, and this agreement with the Mariners ensures we remain strategically aligned with the development of the regions elite footballers.”

Former Central Coast Mariners Hyundai A-League player and current Youth Development Co-ordinator, Damien Brown, said that as a local, he feels “privileged to be involved” in this agreement.

“I am excited for all the football families across the Central Coast that CCF and the Mariners have created a clear and recognisable pathway to the top,” Brown said.

“With the Central Coast Mariners Sporting Campus underway and now an elite football training and playing Academy in place, the future of Central Coast football is in its brightest state ever.”

Finally, Mariners NYL Head Coach, Tony Walmsley, said he welcomed the opportunity to directly influence the development of local players.

“In the true partnership that now exists, the Mariners and CCF will benefit from the dedicated focus and resources given to elite programs and club football respectively.”

The agreement is subject to relevant approvals from Football Federation Australia and Football New South Wales.

and then some new youth coaches ...

Coaching Positions Vacant
http://ccmariners.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=40360
Tuesday,

19 July 2011

Central Coast Mariners FC Academy

Coach Position Description
Boys Positions: 11 – 12 – 13 – 14 – 15 – 16 – 18
Girls Positions: 12 – 14 – 16 – Senior Reserves – Senior Women

Please submit an application outlining your experience in relation to the position description below to the Development Manager at info@ccmariners.com.au

Applications will close on Tuesday 2nd August with interviews to be conducted thereafter.

VISION
The primary aim of the Central Coast Mariners FC Academy is to provide a clear and structured pathway towards our National Youth League and Westfield Women’s League programs. Whether or not the ‘dream’ is fulfilled, every player needs to look back fondly on life at the Academy, and feel that the experience was a positive one.

QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum FFA Youth Licence required – AFC C-Licence or FFA Senior Licence preferred

KEY DUTIES
• Conduct the program in line with the FFA National Curriculum and CCM development objectives
• Attend selection trials and liaise with the CCMFCA Management regarding selection policy and preparation
• Prepare and implement high performance training programs for all players in the team.
• Liaise with individual squad members relating to their performance in:
• Training
• Competition
• Conduct
• Prepare player profiles and provide individual player feedback as required

ISSUES AND CHALLENGES
• Ensure a direction and focus on the development of players above competition results
• Maintain effective communications, both within the sport and outside of the sport
• Understand and respond to the differing needs of the players and Academy staff
• Contribute to the planning and evaluation of the Academy

CRITERIA FOR POSITION•
.Demonstrated coaching experience with understanding of the FFA National Curriculum
• Demonstrated high level interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to work individually and as part of a team
• Fit and capable of high level demonstration
• Well presented with capacity to display professional conduct at all times

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All coaching positions are for 12 months
• All coaches must commit to 3 training sessions per week, in season plus games
• All coaches must commit to providing written reports on all players
• Expenses package will be discussed with successful applicants

Bex

Saw a post somewhere that the tennis courts have been ripped up. Not sure whether that means all of them or just the ones closest to the training pitch.

Marquee

All the courts are being ripped up to make way for the Soccer5 pitches. Last time I saw, a few had already gone.

elevated position

Ironic as to the change of fortunes of sport.Once a dominate country in world tennis we now are ripping up the courts that sprang from that period and replacing them with "soccer" fields. This juggernaut(as wobbly as it is) is only starting to get going and with "Football" we will have a national team in the FIFA ranked top 10 by 2020. This will start with AUS winning the 2015 Asia Cup at home.

Atomic

Ironic as to the change of fortunes of sport.Once a dominate country in world tennis we now are ripping up the courts that sprang from that period and replacing them with "soccer" fields. This juggernaut(as wobbly as it is) is only starting to get going and with "Football" we will have a national team in the FIFA ranked top 10 by 2020. This will start with AUS winning the 2015 Asia Cup at home.

A national team in the FIFA ranked top 10 by 2020? It's going to take the Matildas 9 years to move up one spot? B)

MrCelery

Maybe we have (or FNSW has) been forced to run the Mariners W-League this year.

I may be wrong, but I don't think we need to be 'forced' to run a W-League team. I get the impression that we were disappointed about losing our franchise due to lack of a sponsor.

Maybe a sponsor has been found, and we are back having a team. I hope so.

Wilsons

I may be wrong, but I don't think we need to be 'forced' to run a W-League team. I get the impression that we were disappointed about losing our franchise due to lack of a sponsor.

Maybe a sponsor has been found, and we are back having a team. I hope so.
The Mariners do not do anything unless it generates cash!!If it was up to the powers that be there would be no NYL!

adz

Staff member
The Mariners do not do anything unless it generates cash!!If it was up to the powers that be there would be no NYL!

How dare a business want to generate cash!! Shame on them!!!! They should be all about the love, and stuff!!!!!!!oneone!!

Wilsons

How dare a business want to generate cash!! Shame on them!!!! They should be all about the love, and stuff!!!!!!!oneone!!
The "community" club has also an obligation to act in the best interest of Central Coast Football! With particular referenceto the sponsored school's program and the recently aquired representative "pathway".

adz

Staff member
The "community" club has also an obligation to act in the best interest of Central Coast Football! With particular referenceto the sponsored school's program and the recently aquired representative "pathway".

I don't get it... these are things they are doing? What's the problem?

scottmac

Suspended

Thats the problem. The W-League team had nothing to do with our community or the best interests of Central Coast football. Fark, they hardly ever played on the Coast.

Wilsons

I am not going to argue this point with you. Community football ie development and representative programs should be administered in a non for profit basis. Give back what you take!

Wilsons

The W League team was also funded by the Mariners.

"Thats the problem. The W-League team had nothing to do with our community or the best interests of Central Coast football. Fark, they hardly ever played on the Coast".

This is the same as the NYL except they do play on the coast! We have had about 2% participation since the NYL started!

dibo

I am not going to argue this point with you. Community football ie development and representative programs should be administered in a non for profit basis. Give back what you take!

Who's making a profit out of rep football?

midfielder

The Mariners are providing the coaching staff and technical programs for the rep sides ... for free.... the best coaching these teams have ever had... for both male & female.. I would go further as I know a fair bit about association rep coaching in that no other association in NSW will have coaching to even come close to this... THIS IS A MAJOR ACHIEVEMENT for both the Mariners and the Association...

The profit if and when it comes is when we find a new Amini and he cost us nothing and is sold overseas...

dibo

The W League team was also funded by the Mariners.

"Thats the problem. The W-League team had nothing to do with our community or the best interests of Central Coast football. Fark, they hardly ever played on the Coast".

This is the same as the NYL except they do play on the coast! We have had about 2% participation since the NYL started!

It's not a charity. It's a football club. They're there to win. It's preferable to have locals, but for that they need a quality pathway to develop locals - CCMFC and CCF seem to be trying to put that together.

I'm not happy about there being no senior sides from the Coast in the plans as released. That doesn't mean every little bit of this plan and anyone who has anything to do with it is wrong and to be opposed.

If we want more coasties in the NYL, WL and HAL sides we need to produce better coasties. This plan works in that direction. I'd be surprised if another senior side didn't start on the Coast to offer an opportunity to local senior rep standard players who don't make the NYL and HAL sides, but someone's going to have to have some coin to make it work.

I'm not trying to have a shot at you, Mick or SC, but I disagree with some parts of the reaction.

adz

Staff member

Why not? You brought it up. Why should the Mariners be not for profit? Does not for profit mean run at a loss?

Is this because the Mariners pulled sponsorship of the W-League team? As far as I know, that was a team based in Sydney and the only thing it had to do with the Mariners was its name, which the Mariners had to pay for...??

Mariners first priority should be about remaining in business, and if that means not spending money on sponsoring a team in a comp that has nothing to do with the Coast or the future of the Mariners, then why do it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred