• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Majok watch

Will Majok be good for the Mariners?

• Yes, just needs to tidy up a few mistakes

• No, that's crazy

• Fence, splinters, no opinion, yawn

Results are only viewable after voting.

adz

Staff member
I guess this is going to be an unpopular opinion (smash that disagree button ;)) but I think Majok just needs to stop making silly mistakes and he will be good for us. He seems to at least be getting into positions to get the ball -- and stuff up. Then he's a bit more obvious than say someone who just disappears for the game and you can't even remember if they played. He got the goal the other night and yeah didn't seem to know much about it, but he was in the right spot for the ball to bounce off and into the goal ... ;)

Thoughts? Discussion? We can reassess after maybe 9 or 10 rounds and see how he is going.

turbo

I guess this is going to be an unpopular opinion (smash that disagree button ;)) but I think Majok just needs to stop making silly mistakes and he will be good for us.

Some things are easier said than done. I hope Staj can be a positive influence on him but think what you’re looking for might be a step too far right now although if he can bang in a decent goal or two it should help the confidence. I like the energy and effort though and perhaps he can do a job off the bench if we don’t get hung up on the finishing.

Big Al

I guess this is going to be an unpopular opinion (smash that disagree button ;)) but I think Majok just needs to stop making silly mistakes and he will be good for us. He seems to at least be getting into positions to get the ball -- and stuff up. Then he's a bit more obvious than say someone who just disappears for the game and you can't even remember if they played. He got the goal the other night and yeah didn't seem to know much about it, but he was in the right spot for the ball to bounce off and into the goal ... ;)

Thoughts? Discussion? We can reassess after maybe 9 or 10 rounds and see how he is going.
I’d absolutely agree if I thought he could fix those mistakes. I don’t believe he can. There is a few years in these problems now.

He has extreme pass an your right gets into the right positions. Just at A League level you can’t punt it and run after it. He will make things happen (good and bad)

Should be used to break offside traps but he won’t finish them.

Would could put a dribble in the Brisbane water

Ads

I’m a big no, when you compare him to other possible up and coming players I think it was a big mistake signing.
I think it was only luck that he was in the right place at the right time, not by design.

Coast Football Ramble

A striker who struggled to get time with one of the only teams we beat last season.
A forward who our whole team, management and coaching staff witnessed send a 1v1 chance into Brisbane Water and then signed him up.

No thanks.

style_cafe

I`m pretty sure Majok`s goal against Hume deflected off a defender.
Other than that he was just loitering in the right spot.
Simon wasn`t far away either but at most it was a fluke goal which was
highlighted by the other players going to Silvera to congratulate him...
I sincerely hope i`m wrong, but I can`t see Majok getting past the splinter too often, maybe 2-3 goals for the season tops...:popcorn:

localpom

Tbh i think we would have more joy with Sammy S as a central attacker if we are going into the season with limited options.

Forum Phoenix

I’ve actually seen him play well. Certainly where his touch and movement was a lot better than the last two outings. Unfortunately those games were enough for me to feel he’s not going to solve any wing or striker issues we have any time soon.

But unlike most, like you Adz, I don’t think for his age he’s a write off and without promise. Maybe if he wasn’t a hard worker. But he seems to be. Ands he’s still only 20 turning 21 in October.

My suspicion is in recent games he’s probably trying way too hard. Brain looks to be getting too far ahead of the body and he’s sabotaging himself.

Bad news is we don’t have the luxury to give game tine to players who can’t perform now. This season is too critical. But Good news is that if it is largely mental, and because I’ve actually seen him display great touch and be very skilful on the ball several times - that if he can get his head right - that change happens quickly.

I think those that are convinced I’m wrong about his technique, should consider that if Staj was seeing him do horrible first touches etc in training, he would A) never have signed him and B) not be letting him get anywhere near the team sheet. Unless Staj is clueless. Which I think he’s already proven he isn’t.

You can have a few great out of your skin moments in games, or a few horrible games and neither is really a reflection of your ability. But there’s no hiding when you’re training day in day out. So I think Staj would know he’s much better than what he’s shown lately, but that has to worry him too.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

Why would we pick up their cast off when we could have a kid from CCMA? We are supposed to be about development pathways and we give a squad place to a rubbish reject from WSW.
Majok didnt shine in NSWPL2 by the way.
Smyllie may not be the greatest striker in the world but he is one of ours

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I believe I’ve said this before
Majok waste of coin and a Majok waste of a spot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics