• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Local cricket thread

marinermick

Seems to be a few people who play cricket around here so post your club and grade.

I played seconds last season at Gosford but because of Saturday commitments and Mariners pushing their games forward to 6pm I will miss plenty of games.

So am playing one-dayers this season in sixth grade or one-day B grade.

Didn't play last week as I was in Adelaide so am looking forward to my first game this week. Adcock 7, so have to play on the ground with one boundary half way up a hill.

dibo

i'm not in for cricket for the start of the year with the summer hill thirsty eights (25 wickets at just over 9 ;D ), owing to travelling to europe and an ankle that's now swollen from (of all things) jogging about 50m for a train last night... :(

adcock 7 was my home ground from way back when grunta and i were the opening (batting) partnership in 11s or something for narara wyoming.

mariners4ever

playing for narara's 2nd one day team this seasom after playing 6th grade last season, captain's wanting me to open the batting after advice from his wife !!!, and i havent opened since juniors

ponno

Im playing one dayers also for mountains kariong i think C grade... we have a good squad this year.. any other C graders on here?

ponno

haha nice... playing for narara eh? the old foe.... im also an opening batsman in the mould of matty hayden.. ill be looking forward to playing you guys..

Ted

I was never a huge fan of cricket when I was younger and now I am an old fart.....

I'm still not.  ;)

And before I get scathed for my opinion, yes I sucked at it... Several hours standing in the hot sun to occasionally chase a ball, then a few minutes spent as batter was not my cup of tea......

Silly game....  :piano:

marinermick

ponno said:
Im playing one dayers also for mountains kariong i think C grade... we have a good squad this year.. any other C graders on here?

do u go to training on thursdays?

they are combined with gossy

ponno

yeah i will be now that it is daylight savings... i heard that we combined with gosford for somethings this year... are you a bowler or batsman?

marinermick

ponno said:
yeah i will be now that it is daylight savings... i heard that we combined with gosford for somethings this year... are you a bowler or batsman?

batter

when not in the nets you can find getting as much slipping practice as possible

training was good yesterday

ponno

yeah training is pretty good i have always played for ourimbah except for this year came to play with my mates from rugby... ill have to bowl my handy medium pacers to you at training next week -

marinermick

ponno said:
yeah training is pretty good i have always played for ourimbah except for this year came to play with my mates from rugby... ill have to bowl my handy medium pacers to you at training next week -

goodo

mariners4ever

ponno said:
haha nice... playing for narara eh? the old foe.... im also an opening batsman in the mould of matty hayden.. ill be looking forward to playing you guys..

yep, been playing for narara since under 9's and i'm a opener who cant bat, bowl or field 

ponno

haha, sounds like me to be honest, but its the love of the game that keeps me turning up every week

dibo

knocking over your leg stump while you fish outside off for my inswinger >>>>>>>> all sorts of things!

Ted

aussiecross said:
doing anything else on weekends >>>>>>>>>>>> standing out in the summer sun playing cricket...

lol good to see I am not alone with my opinion.

Bear

aussiecross said:
doing anything else on weekends >>>>>>>>>>>> standing out in the summer sun playing cricket...

+ 1 billion

indoor cricket, on the other hand.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred