• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Lawn Bowls Hooligan Thread

skilbeck

Just to be stupid thought I might add this one for when those hooligan lawn bowls players and spectators pop up

heres a link that might be useful: http://www.bigstick.com.au/ClemsBigScaryWorld/Sport/spbowl1.html

dare you to sticky this adz :p

adz

Staff member
lol mate if it was a story a bit more recent than cave man times it would be straight up there ;)

adz

Staff member
Jackpot!

When will these BOWLS people learn that Australians just don't accept HOOLIGANS in any sport!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2006/08/11/1713120.htm
Young sportsman escapes punishment after drink driving crash

Posted Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:18pm AEST

A young lawn bowls champion has walked away from the District Court with a suspended sentence for running a red light and smashing into another vehicle three years ago.

Nathan Kane Swincer, 21,was driving with nearly three times the legal blood alcohol limit when he ran a red light on Diagonal Road and crashed into a van driven by Gregory Sutton.

Mr Sutton continues to suffer from a debilitating pelvis injury and has lost his home because he is no longer able to work.

Judge Michael Boylan said Mr Swincer had never been in trouble before and had represented Australia in lawn bowls and done charity work in the community.

In suspending a 27-month prison term, Judge Boylan said while Swincer's driving was appalling, he had learned his lesson and would be highly unlikely to ever offend again.

Meanwhile, Judge Michael Boylan said Mr Sutton had shown "extraordinary kindness" by saying he not feel any deep-seated resentment towards Swincer.

And this is reaching a little.... but they did murder someone and play bowls, so I say that's relevant.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2006/05/25/1647677.htm
Accessories to gruesome murder get suspended sentence

Posted Thu May 25, 2006 7:14pm AEST

Two men who helped bury the body of a murdered teenager at Dayboro - north of Brisbane - have been given a wholly suspended jail term.

Seventeen-year-old Morgan Jay Shepherd's decapitated body was found in a shallow grave in March last year.

Police allege he had been stabbed more than 100 times by 21-year-old Christopher Clark Jones and 25-year-old James Patrick Roughan, and they had used his head to play bowls.

Today, 20-year-old Isaac Immanuel Murdoch and 19-year-old Kristopher Adam O'Brien pleaded guilty to being accessories after the fact.

The court heard Murdoch drove the men to Dayboro and kept a look-out while O'Brien helped them dig a hole to bury the body.

Justice Margaret White said while their offence was serious, they did not have anything to do with the murder.

Jones and Roughan will face trial for murder later this year.

adz

Staff member
even more acts of hooliganism.... indecent exposure now :naughty: ... notice how they call it "soccer style antics" though? gah!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2006/03/24/1600560.htm

Shirts off as Aussie Kerkow wins gold

Posted Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:14pm AEDT
Updated Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:54pm AEDT

Australia's Kelvin Kerkow raised a few eyebrows at the genteel Darebin International Sports Centre by ripping his shirt off in celebration after taking gold in the Commonwealth Games bowls men's singles final on Friday evening.

Kerkow defeated Welshman Robert Weale 7-4 9-2 2-1, winning in a tense third set tie-break before his soccer-style antics prompted ecstatic scenes among the home crowd.

The Australian ran down the green after the final delivery and swung his shirt over his head before he was swamped by team-mates.

"I don't know what I was thinking, I hope I don't get into trouble for that," the 36-year-old said.

"I was just so excited and I guess it's just one of those things that happens."

Weale had surged into a 4-0 lead in the first set before Kerkow rattled off the next seven points to win it 7-4.

The Welshman took control of the second set, taking it 9-2 to set up the tiebreak which Kerkow won when his opponent's final ball fell short and merely pushed the winning delivery closer to the jack.

Kerkow later apologised for failing to shake his opponent's hand during the melee.

"I'm really sorry about that. They all just mobbed me, I am not usually like that so I'll go and see him and apologise," he said.

The gold medal took Australia's bowls tally to five medals, with three golds, one silver and a bronze.

In the women's final, there was more disappointment for Wales with Liz Morgan losing to Malaysia's defending champion Siti Zalina Ahmad 10-5 9-5 in a one-sided contest.

"It was very tough," she said. "I have played her before and lost so I am very happy."

-Reuters

skilbeck

yeah I am shocked and dismayed. Id hate to think what kind of hooliganism would happen in the sports of jump-rope, polo and sheepdog trials ;)

midfielder

Don't talk about those sheep do trials. I have been to one ............ they are wild ...wild ...wid as the Slade song goes.

PS How can you tell a bi sexual Kiwi,..............sheep dog under one arm .............and sheep under the other.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!! me uncle has started playing lawn bowls....we may yet acheive an actual report of a lawn bowls hoogligan

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred