• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Lack of Football killing the forum

shipwreck

Has anyone else noticed that this serious lack of football is killing the forum? I mean seriously even in the off season we manage more activity than this, very disappointing considering the huge buzz that was going around when we had our consecutive victories at home not so long ago....

If we lose to Perth this weekend, what is in store for us? I keep forgetting we are doing so well this season and as a fan i've lost that confidence and momentum, i can only imagine what its done to the players....

dibo

A few people post mainly on the YA forum now that used to be sparks for conversation here but their forum's not doing a lot either. I've no idea about the coastie boys forum.

Facebook, twitter, tumblr, getting over the whole forum 'scene'...

The forum is and has always been populated by only a small part of the totality of Mariners supporters. Certainly many of those here are among the most passionate, but a minority nonetheless.

People who used to post a helluva lot - omni, bear, fish, deej, skilbeck, serious, brett, perm... they're really not much seen around the place anymore. They're still supporting the team (even if from afar) but they're not on here. That's just people changing their interests and doing other things.

The split in the active supporters in 2009 is a big part of it too. Some groups don't really mix with other groups even on match day now. There’ve been further changes of direction as different people have different ideas and the drop off in forum activity is a natural consequence. The critical mass of people to drive an active forum isn't really there now.

The forum's not varied enough or active enough to make many people want to come back even daily, and as a result it's not habit forming. It doesn't have the instant gratification that it used to.

And how do you recruit people to participate? Come on the internet and talk shit with other people? You kinda want to be a part of it or you don't, and for many it's fun for a while but then you kinda get bored of the same old.

shipwreck

Sigh, is the season even on? I cant remember the last time i watched the mariners play, Perez has only played three games for f**ks sake, his hype has well and trly died down!!

Is it just me or are we all getting fed up and need some nourishment right now!!!

midfielder

Maybe its time for some old fashion marketing and reconnection.... meaning maybe email everyone on the forum ... or posters who have posted ### posts and have not posted for ## weeks ... and say any reason for your absence, come back or whatever ... the other day I clicked on at 23:15 and in the entire day there had been 1 post... then FP came on and posted some stuff ... but over 23 hours 1 post...

Also as Wombat say anyone know what happened to FFC Mariner...

serious14

Also as Wombat say anyone know what happened to FFC Mariner...

Last I heard he jumped in the Thames after Fulham's loss to Hamburg.

I split my Mariners-ness between the two forums - I know people on both, and there's conversations I'm interested in on both, but Dibo pretty much nailed it. After the split, or whatever you might want to call it, the forum(s) lost their "instant visit" habit that a lot of us had going on. I remember nights back when we had the chat function when there'd be 20 of us in there and concurrent discussions in multiple threads about many a thing. The good old days, some might say.

I do come here for most of my Mariners news, but as Dibo (again) noted - there's a million and one other places to get your football fix.

Forum Phoenix

The spilt and other forum stuff makes sense.

But it really isn't a season to be helping is it.

The key things you come on here to do is to discuss upcoming fixtures... errmmmm...

To discuss the glorious win that you just had... the other month was it?

To find solace and let off steam abut the loss you endured... Only had one of those in quite a while! :blink:

Then while your here you may take a look at what else is going down.

But while I'll be active on various other topics, Mariners games and reviews is the bread and butter reason I come to the forum.

And hopefully for the odd scoop - say news on a new signing - which is why having this simply turn into a piss take pissed me off.

midfielder

Had a look at the yellow army forum today .... hardly moving ... to me seems silly folks need to set up new forums and by dividing make each small ... many saying's to choose from... strength in numbers... divided we fall... the whole is greater than the sum of its parts... whatever human nature being what it is ...

So be it... I will stick around and as I said maybe a email to all members inviting them to post again...

Forum Phoenix

FFC's posts are missed.

Hopefully when we get into the swing of it all again after this drought things will pick up.

cbowden9000

Generic forums that aren't team specific e.g. FFT, TWGF (not anymore) definitely have an effect. Sometimes it can be better hearing things from other teams point of views.

I am regularly here and on FFT but there is like 20x more activity on FFT which does make it a lot more interesting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred