• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Labor on CC at next election

Atomic

bulldogmariner said:
My Lecturer last year. Nice lady and very switched on. If she gets a run education minister would be interesting.

Highly doubtful she'll be elected. I think the damage has been done.

FFC Mariner

Atomic said:
bulldogmariner said:
My Lecturer last year. Nice lady and very switched on. If she gets a run education minister would be interesting.

Highly doubtful she'll be elected. I think the damage has been done.

Dont think the damage she caused was done to Labor, I reckon it was confined to her alone.

With her out of the picture, I would imagine there are voters who will come back

scottmac

Suspended
marinermick said:
I know Deborah O'Neill from my time working at the uni and she is a pretty smart cookie.

My english teacher from high school. I can remember her doorknocking my place at wamberal about 8 years ago.

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
FFC Mariner said:
Last result should have been 3 terms. At this rate 2 is more likely unless the lovely Julia takes over.

In football terms, she carves

Julia's beginning to sound more and more like Helen Clark ... ughh

midfielder

Will be interesting to see if they can hold the seat ... my reading of the tea leaves is if the Libs put up a decent person they will win.. me thinks a small swing back to Libs not enough to put them in power but enough to loose a few close seats..

Honkee

scottmac said:
marinermick said:
I know Deborah O'Neill from my time working at the uni and she is a pretty smart cookie.

My english teacher from high school. I can remember her doorknocking my place at wamberal about 8 years ago.

I think she was my English teacher too, has she changed her surname?. *IF* it is her, I remember her being a egotistical feminazi (I dont get me wrong, I think you dames are swell) who thought it was appropriate to call her teenager male students "a bunch of pigs" because a large number of us voiced our appreciation from some supermodel.

kevrenor

Arabmariner said:
It might win them the seat but it won't help much.
Kevin One Term's gone.
You are dreaming ... putting aside the loonies on the opposition benches do you know how many seats have to be won and how big a swing?

Arabmariner

kevrenor said:
Arabmariner said:
Kevin One Term's gone.
You are dreaming ... putting aside the loonies on the opposition benches do you know how many seats have to be won and how big a swing?
Hopefully that's how KOT is thinking aswell..... ;)

Besides no matter how you look at it both sides start with no votes don't they.........

FFC Mariner

Labor have 83 to Lib/Nats 65 and 2 independents.

To form the next Govt, Lib/Nats would need to win a minimum of 76 seats

Net gain of 11

just cant see it really

dibo

Current parliament has:
ALP: 83
LNP: 64
Ind: 3

On notional figures (redistributions have shifted boundaries, and therefore voters, from seat to seat) this changes to:
ALP: 88
LNP: 59
Ind: 3

A 2.4% uniform swing, delivering a 2PP of ALP 50.4% / 49.6% LNP and handing 17 seats to the Coalition is what's required.

Labor's shedding some skin at the moment, but that's compared to the peak of Rudd's popularity. Pollytics (a politics site very heavy on stats and analysis, i.e. a site I like because it's lighter on bullshit and heavier on hard numbers) has a tracker on what polling figures would imply at elections - on present polling data they'd have Labor tracking at least level with the last election.

Had they stayed at their ridiculous stratospheric heights the Coalition would have been looking at getting their arses well kicked to the tune of well more than 100 seats to about 40-odd.

Arabmariner said:
kevrenor said:
Arabmariner said:
Kevin One Term's gone.
Hopefully that's how KOT is thinking aswell..... ;)

Besides no matter how you look at it both sides start with no votes don't they.........

That's true enough, but it's also true that pollsters make their money by offering reasonably good estimates of the mood of the electorate. Short of certain instances of utter bizarreness (Morgan's 2004 federal polling comes to mind) the pollsters are generally pretty well on the money, especially if we drop the bar to just picking who's in the lead.

scottmac

Suspended
Honkee said:
scottmac said:
marinermick said:

I think she was my English teacher too, has she changed her surname?. *IF* it is her, I remember her being a egotistical feminazi (I dont get me wrong, I think you dames are swell) who thought it was appropriate to call her teenager male students "a bunch of pigs" because a large number of us voiced our appreciation from some supermodel.

Could have been her. Name was Ms Macanantey or something similar

dibo

Possums Pollytics strikes again with a post titled Perspective

In 2008, Australia had 161 boat people arrive.

ozboats.PNG

In 2008, Australia had 4750 applications for asylum submitted.

ozboatsvaaps.PNG

In 2008, France, the UK and Italy combined had 96,870 applications for asylum submitted.

franituk.PNG

In 2008, 51 industrialised countries participating in the UNHCR statistics program had 382,670 applications for asylum submitted.

51nats.PNG

In 2008, there were approximately 827,000 asylum applications submitted across the globe

global.PNG

In 2008, there were approximately 15.2 million forcibly displaced refugees around the world

refugees.PNG

Yesterday we had SBY address our Parliament the leader of a country of 230 million people, heading a democratic government that struggles with serious economic and social development issues everyday. He was here to talk about development cooperation, security and intelligence sharing and international economic partnership in the forums of global power to boost living standards and enhance the social and economic ties between our two nations.

What did we bang on about?

Boat people.

FFC Mariner

No one will ever care about reality/facts in an emotional racism debate.

Boat people is such a "winner" for the right of politics because it allows them to indulge in overt racism disguised as "queue jumping/threat of terror" etc etc.

Taking a leaf out of Sir Humphrey's guide to skewing opinion polls, the questions may go something like:

Do you believe that being an Australian is a great honour?

Do you believe in a fair go for all?

Do you think queue jumping is against the things Australians think of as a fair go?

Might you be prepared to stop boat people coming here over the heads of more deserving people?

Thats tongue in cheek but its how the game will be played.

Krudd is on an absolute hiding to nothing on this one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred