• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Labor on CC at next election

FFC Mariner

So we have Belinda and the invisible man in Dobell as the Coasts 2 MP's.

She is fighting for preselection (surely they cant keep her with that margin) and now the other one has dropped himself in it.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/02/09/2814949.htm?section=justin

I'm sure Dibo can enlighten us but with Libs new tactic of playing the man not the ball they may well go after these 2 seats.

Belinda has the most marginal seat in the country I think and his majority isnt too flash.

With Kev having to do a Hewson at the next election (sell a new tax), this might be a more interesting election than it should have been.

And Kev cant sell to save his life.

Why does Do0bell get such shit candidates? (from both sides)

FFC Mariner

ps - Thomsons greatest achievement is to move his offices to Westfield Tuggerah and get a "Federal" car space reserved (complete with official sign).

I make a point of parking in it if it is free as there is something incredibly distateful about a public official nicking a free space right near the door. Should be a disabled space.

midfielder

Maybe labour think they are going to loose so why try ... lets run with what we have got... and DO You know who I am...

Jimmy

Wasn't thompson in a scandal that involved his credit card, hookers, massive amounts o booze and a hotel room?
I think it ended up being someone else, but it still went by very quietly.

dibo

FFC Mariner said:
I am aching for some officious little twat to have a go at me for parking in his space at Tuggerah.

TBH, it's a weird thing for you to get so bent out of shape about. He's going to be very available to constituents there and people needing their MP's help can get it very easily.

Is it better that he have his a marked space outside an office in Westfield or would you prefer that when he goes to meetings during the day that he then has to spend half an hour finding a parking spot later than doing what he's meant to be doing - serving his constituents.

Or he could have limitless parking behind a second floor office in the back lanes of Ourimbah, would that be better?

FFC Mariner

But no opinion on Belinda or the prospect (however remote) of a sitting MP being convicted and a by-election being required?

dibo

Which MP is going to get convicted, and for what?

Belinda's going to have to win her preselection. I don't reckon anybody knows how that one will turn out, but I don't reckon that many Party people will campaign for her.

Jimmy

dibo said:

Belinda's going to have to win her preselection. I don't reckon anybody knows how that one will turn out, but I don't reckon that many Party people will campaign for her.

I think O'neil will get to contest that seat out of those two.

Lisarow Yellow (Pooley)

dibo said:

thomson, the article is linked in the first post

dibo

He had clearly resigned his position. There's somebody at the HSU who submitted the paperwork late who is probably looking for a job right about now. The return was not incorrect, it was simply late.

Even had he not resigned and were he then subsequently convicted, he would only have to leave his post should the maximum penalty be one year or greater. It wouldn't help his re-election campaign, but he'd still be in place.

FFC Mariner

Hence my use of the word remote.

The main thrust of my post is that Labor seem to have 2 very accident prone members.

In a campaign that is going to get as nasty and personal as the next election is looking, that might not be a good thing.

dibo

FFC Mariner said:
Hence my use of the word remote.

The main thrust of my post is that Labor seem to have 2 very accident prone members.

In a campaign that is going to get as nasty and personal as the next election is looking, that might not be a good thing.

That's all very well, until we ask ourselves what the opposing candidates stand for. The opposition are a rabble, led by a man as reckless as Latham but without either the principle and people skills. I'd just as soon believe in fairies as believe that what that bloke says today will bear any relation to what he says tomorrow. 

Some shaky candidates here and there are one thing, a leader who like Abbott is another. They'll have a decent run for a couple of months, but then people will have the chance to imagine him and his freakshow frontbench running the show and their votes will soften. The Government will hold steady at the election.

FFC Mariner

They are going after the redneck/Alan Jones constituency with gusto and by plugging away at the ETS and Rudds unfulfilled election promises they will get some traction.

Last result should have been 3 terms. At this rate 2 is more likely unless the lovely Julia takes over.

In football terms, she carves

dibo

They can take the redneck vote. They can lock in about 33%. The problem is that they won't have much beyond that.

It worked for Howard but he had more to his arsenal than simply being the craziest prick in Canberra (with the exception of Senator Joyce).

FFC Mariner

And looks like Belinda is goooooooooooooooone

Massive win for Kev. Doesnt have to get Iguanagate dragged up all through the local campaign

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/belinda-neal-loses-preselection-vote-20100306-ppkz.html

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred