• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Knights chase Jets for $300K

curious

dibo said:
Do the Knights accept mangoes?

Next time we play the scum, all hands on deck for a mango tifo. And maybe some mango songs.
The mango trees died after the water cut off for failure to pay the bill.

midfielder

Just to play devil advocate for a moment...

Con has the right to get what he paid for as well... this included I assume;- a field, free from RL sponsors markings, without construction works being carried out (on the summer friendly side), and in reasonable football playing condition, further he has the right to expect that the head lease holder will maintain their lease and not loose it otherwise his sub lease is worthless... 

Also talks about the lease have been going on for quite a while know with Con maintaining he was paying way to much ... at the time he had IMO a strong argument...

So lets see the head lease holder does not deliver what they promised in the lease, but the reverse the field is the worst in the A-League, has NRL markings all over it, Construction works being undertaken in what was already a in dispute contract...and the Knighta are in dispute with the State Gov over many of the things Con is upset about ... so if Knights can refuse to paid land lord ... CAN NOT Football club follow suit.

While he may not be entirely right ... he is also not entirely wrong..

I will now resign from any Mariners thing I am on as I defended Con ...

curious

How many games were the washed out NRL marking on it Mid? Don't think they have played a nrl game for a week or so mate. No, the knights aren't in dispute about things the jets are upset about. Their dispute, which I said previously, is all about the removal of a large percentage of formally, fully utilised/fully booked with years on the waiting list, corporate boxes and the resulting losses from the large reduction of the most expensive product they have available to sell.

Con has but a small proportion of corporate facilities in use in any year. The only effect on him were that there is now less empty boxes in the stadium to try to hide.
If he thinks he has a case for compensation for an even lower rent than the subsidised rent he is presently being charged, then he needs to put that case forward with a detailed financial report showing where, how, when and why it should be forthcoming. Separately. The court will laugh at him for attempting to include that as a reason to refuse to pay debts for totally unconnected services provided.

It doesn't matter if he owes money to the devil incarnate or Mother Teresa, he has to pay. He has been getting away with not doing that for too many years and is a blight on the game.

midfielder

Curious

The Knights are in dispute and have not paid rent to the lease holder... meaning they could loose their right to hold the head lease... For the same reasons that the Knights are not paying their rent ie. construction of the new grand stand ... Con is saying well what is good for the goose is good for the gender...

Further the ground is shit ... and Con has been talking about this for about two years now...

The more I look at it I would love to argue Con's case in court... Simply the Knights have not delivered what is in the lease, they could loose the head lease meaning the Jets sub lease is useless, and the knights themselves are arguing the same things Con is using to them ... to the gov as to why they are not paying rent...

Also what happen at Bluetounge has nothing to do with the Jets or the Knights...

curious

Ok mid, if you say so. I'm afraid I can't keep up and you have lost me with your rationale, again.  I look forward to seeing you in the supreme court arguing Con's case.  :popcorn:

Also what happen at Bluetounge has nothing to do with the Jets or the Knights...
No idea what you are speaking of.

Matt--Simon

Grunta said:
Personally I'd hate to see them wound up as others seem to be hoping for. That 3-0 win the other night wouldn't feel as good against any other team. Sure I'm happy to see them publicly humiliated, but i want them to stick around so we can beat them 4-0 :)

We did beat them 4-0 we won the fight on the train

FFC Mariner

f**k the Jets, wind him up. Destroy them

f**king "oh but we need a rival" shit - we have SFC and W Syd and our nearest local competitor can FOAD as far as I am concerned.

People forget how hard Con worked to keep us out of the HAL

radar

Taronga News said:
Taronga Zoo have decided to stop trying to use their 65-year-old Indonesian elephant Con as an IVF donor for their elephant population.

In their words it was a waste of time, as it was "...a big f**king wank, with absolutely no result."

well goodness me

MrCelery

FFC Mariner said:

f**king "oh but we need a rival" shit - we have SFC and W Syd and our nearest local competitor can FOAD as far as I am concerned.

:postcount:

As a supporter of the Newcastle Breakers, who were axed from the NSL for supposedly not paying debts, and who were undermined and replaced by Con's Cardboard Club, this is huge KARMA.

To see them ditched and us take their place in the finals won't happen. But if it did it would be

HUGE KARMA

midfielder

curious said:
Ok mid, if you say so. I'm afraid I can't keep up and you have lost me with your rationale, again.  I look forward to seeing you in the supreme court arguing Con's case.  :popcorn:

No idea what you are speaking of.

No I won't argue his case and hope he does go down TBH... and like McCelery I also remember the Breakers, & Rose Buds & KB United...

curious

I'd like to list all the shady things he has been involved in, all the court cases he has been involved in over non payment of debts of one description or another and lost, in just the decade or so since the Breakers. But there is so much of it I have probably forgotten half and honestly wouldn't know where to start.

LFCMariners

FFC Mariner said:

Call it a vivid imagination or whatever, but when I read your post I pictured you standing on a mountain, arms outstretched over a bubbling cauldron, wind howling and lightning flashing all around.  :piralaugh:

LFCMariners

MrCelery said:
FFC Mariner said:

:postcount:

As a supporter of the Newcastle Breakers, who were axed from the NSL for supposedly not paying debts, and who were undermined and replaced by Con's Cardboard Club, this is huge KARMA.

To see them ditched and us take their place in the finals won't happen. But if it did it would be

HUGE KARMA

Was it you who posted that Marconi Stallions hypothetical a while ago, in relation to the Breakers' demise? Good read that was!

FFC Mariner

LiverpoolMariners said:
FFC Mariner said:

Call it a vivid imagination or whatever, but when I read your post I pictured you standing on a mountain, arms outstretched over a bubbling cauldron, wind howling and lightning flashing all around.  :piralaugh:

More De Niro in the Untouchables with his "I want him DEAD, I want his family DEAD" rant

serious14

LiverpoolMariners said:
FFC Mariner said:

LOTR_Two132ChristopherLee.jpg

Blackadder

Don't insult the Orks they have feelings to ;)

As much as I would love to see Con taken to the cleaners, for the viability of the A-League not sure this would be the best outcome.

dibo

On SFCU:

[quote author=Demented Freak]Got a notification email at work this morning, the winding up application for Newcastle Soccer Pty Limited due to be heard on 9 March.[/quote]

662814-simpsons_homer_eating_popcorn_thumb.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred