• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Knights chase Jets for $300K

FFC Mariner

Is that the entity that holds the license from the FFA or a company that sub leases the ground?

One would expect someone as tricky as Con to have covered this off :)

dibo

I'm quite sure that based on the NZ Knights stuff, should the company be wound up, the licence (including logo and colours) will revert to the FFA. The FFA will then decide what to do. London to a brick they'll continue to run it in Newcastle and sound out buyers immediately. From rumours a few years ago about others sniffing around they may not have too much trouble.

dibo

The debt is owned by the company that incurred it.

The licence is (I gather) always owned by the FFA and the terms under which it can be essentially repossessed by the FFA will be laid out in the licence agreement. I am under the impression that the impediments on the FFA are more of a political than legal nature.

I think it's more that it's damaging that a club has fallen over than that there is some legal risk that Constantine will come out a winner in the Supreme Court.

FFC Mariner

Interesting that the scum fans in the office are kinda hoping Con/Remo et al get run out of town and more honest (their words) owners are found.

I'm sure the FFA wouldnt have too much trouble selling the license etc on to new investors if the opportunity to make a new start without Con arose.

Scum apologists have always defended Con on the basis that no one else wants it. I suggest that they dont want a bar of him and his associates.

Engage the local associations/community properly in a Con free environment and you have a powerful recipe for a v strong club IMHO

kevrenor

dibo said:
Are all the ex-Rowdies enjoying this?

For Newcastle United Jets FC and Con -  :popcorn: :eek:verhead:

For the great football tradition of Newcastle; of Wallsend, Reg Date, Ray Baartz, KB, Breakers, et al -  :'(  :fireup:

dibo

FFC Mariner said:
Interesting that the scum fans in the office are kinda hoping Con/Remo et al get run out of town and more honest (their words) owners are found.

I'm sure the FFA wouldnt have too much trouble selling the license etc on to new investors if the opportunity to make a new start without Con arose.

Scum apologists have always defended Con on the basis that no one else wants it. I suggest that they dont want a bar of him and his associates.

Engage the local associations/community properly in a Con free environment and you have a powerful recipe for a v strong club IMHO

Good for Newcastle, good for Aussie football.

midfielder

kevrenor said:
dibo said:
Are all the ex-Rowdies enjoying this?

For Newcastle United Jets FC and Con -  :popcorn: :eek:verhead:

For the great football tradition of Newcastle; of Wallsend, Reg Date, Ray Baartz, KB, Breakers, et  :'(  :fireup:

You left off Rose Buds ... but what the heck ... to have Con out of Football and Newcastle with some decent owners... for the greater good of football ... I like to see that....

midfielder

Some years ago (2003) I was asked ( by an associate on behalf of one of their clients)  to identify IMO the two best areas to set up a football team ...like owning a team ..

My advise was Newcastle from the start & Western Sydney after the dust settles about 3 to 5 years after the start of the A-league... 

Newcastle has a lot to offer anyone wishing to invest in a football team...

midfielder

Here is my suggestion for the song we sing if Con is kicked out..

Song of Joy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_5z0m7cs0A

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred