• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Kevin time perhaps?

hasbeen

I don't have a problem with a direct replacement for Rudd and Arbib, but if there are shuffles all round and it looks like people are being rewarded / demoted for this latest spill rather than on merit, then it is hardly a conspiracy theory. After all, Julia has said herself on numerous occasions that her cabinet are doing a wonderful job, so why change postings around? And sorry, but the terms 'media beat-up' and 'conspiracy theory' have worn a bit thin. The electorate are not stupid and can see stuff for what it is, despite the political spin.

true believer

another very good performance in the house again today. even with all the ammo the libs had.
my biggest fear now is if kevy expects the umpires decesion. that the libs start looking at what a pile of shit abbott is and then dump him for turdbull

hasbeen

Gillard set to announce her new cabinet (possibly today) ...

Lights ......... Cameras ........ (F)Action

dibo

Bob f**king Carr!

Awesome!

Julia has put down a big stack of chips here, and I think she's played this hand alright in the end.

dibo

Had she selected someone from caucus she'd be panned for not selecting talent. Haters gonna hate.

dibo

No, I'm saying that whatever Labor does, people will bitch if that's what they want to do. If they brought world peace people would bitch about job losses in the army.

Solution: continue governing well, overseeing an economy the envy of the world, passing literally hundreds of pieces of legislation implementing good reform and leave the whingers to whinge.

hasbeen

Oh dear, party line rubbish. Get out the manifesto brother (no not the Roxy album), you have no idea how much this present Govt. (and in particular this dreadful PM) is hated by the majority of the Oz public. Roll on the next election, and I will swear now, these dire incumbents will be history. You read it here first Mr Rusted-On.

dibo

Last poll I saw was ALP 48-52 Coalition, and the first place I heard ths passing over caucus members line was from the mouth of Julie Bishop.

You might not be a party member, but you sound just like any another one, talking points in hand, the number for 2GB on speed dial so you can run through them with Alan Jones.

hasbeen

Your answer merely reinforces my belief that you are the party member not me (which I'm not). I have never been a member of the LNP, never listened to Alan Jones, or 2GB, so your stock standard party lines are wrong. My guess is that you are a Labor member, Union member (maybe even an official), and you are a public servant. How close is my guess? And be honest (unlike the PM).

dibo

*used* to be heavily involved in politics, now a manager in a completely different industry, party member and retained union membership because it's something i believe in. ask people around who know me, like the other mods or some of the other folks who've been around since early on, not a word of a lie.

if you read my posts, i'm obviously labor down to the ground, but i'm not uncritically supportive. on asylum seekers in particular i'm enormously critical. i think they were jelly kneed on the mining tax. i think they were stupid to propose a citizens assembly before the last election rather than just saying "we will work a price on carbon through the parliament". i think they have trouble communicating a lunch order let alone complex policy, but essentially i think they're a good government and that their achievements in the parliament have been terrific.

one thing that gets me is why we assume non-aligned people (or people who *claim* to be non-aligned) are somehow in possession of greater credibility than those dubbed 'rusted on'. i'm very critical of the alp at times, but naturally i'm more critical of a party whose basic view about how the world works is diametrically opposed to mine.

rabid conservative an coulter once put her stamp on this:

"The swing voters -- I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster."

i think she's gone a bit far there, but i do think that everyone essentially has an ideological framework through which they view the world.

so of course i support labor policies. i'd support good labor policy whether i was a party member or not, and for what it's worth i supported them before i was a party member, and frankly my beliefs are deeper than my attachment to the party - it's the vehicle, not the objective.

*opponents* of labor oppose labor policies whether they're party members or not, as you do - you reflexively oppose labor policies. you can throw your 'rusted on' calls as much as you like, but you're no more impartial than anyone else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred