• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Kevin Strukelj

marinermick

grimsbymariner said:
We, Grimsby, have taken this lad on trial. Apparently he's been playing recently in Oz. Anyone know if he's any good? Cheers.

haven't heard of him

has not played for any a-league team

welcome back, by the way

He's an Italian-Australian keeper I think. Played in the Australian Soccer league apparently and is the son of Mark Strukelj who played for Roma in the 80's. Having now bothered to do a search fo him I think it was Sydney United.

Thanks Mick, been a while. We just scraped not getting relegated out the football league last year, but things look a lot brighter for next season.

marinermick

grimsbymariner said:
He's an Italian-Australian keeper I think. Played in the Australian Soccer league apparently and is the son of Mark Strukelj who played for Roma in the 80's. Having now bothered to do a search fo him I think it was Sydney United.

Thanks Mick, been a while. We just scraped not getting relegated out the football league last year, but things look a lot brighter for next season.

Certain he didn't play in any A-League senior squad. May have been in one of the youth teams - not Newcastle, Central Coast, Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne or Wellington (don't have a youth team) from memory though.

marinermick

A quick google search finds him playing for Sydney United in the New South Wales Premier League - one of the levels under the a-league

Not a great level then. Has Serie B experience though. We don't take many trialists on so I won't be holding my breath that he's any good

marinermick

grimsbymariner said:
Not a great level then. Has Serie B experience though. We don't take many trialists on so I won't be holding my breath that he's any good

the level of goalkeeping in australia is outstanding so i wouldn't ride him off yet

clarence

marinermick said:
grimsbymariner said:

the level of goalkeeping in australia is outstanding so i wouldn't ride him off yet

+1. If he's had any coaching by the likes of our own John Crawley, or Jim Fraser, or even had some work with Mark Bosnich, he may have sharpened up his skills too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred